Moving to B.C in '08

sellout74

Aug 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Hi
I was hoping somebody here might be able to help me out a little bit. For quite a while now I have been greatly considering moving to B.C when I graduate form high school. (I am currently in Ontario, and finish school at the end of January). I have been looking more into Kelowna and the surrounding areas, because I have friends in and around there so it would make the move a bit smoother as easier to get settled in. I'll either be moving right at the start of February, or at the beginning of August - depending on my funding situation.
I hope to go to college for music or film production (moreso music). I was just wondeirng if anybody here could give me some insight before I make this decision. Like, what would be a better route - apartment or finding a roomate? What colleges are good? Is Kelowna a good place to settle in, or is there somewhere better? I am not looking to move to Vancouver so that's not even an option :p.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.
:smile:

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Hi
I was hoping somebody here might be able to help me out a little bit. For quite a while now I have been greatly considering moving to B.C when I graduate form high school. (I am currently in Ontario, and finish school at the end of January). I have been looking more into Kelowna and the surrounding areas, because I have friends in and around there so it would make the move a bit smoother as easier to get settled in. I'll either be moving right at the start of February, or at the beginning of August - depending on my funding situation.
I hope to go to college for music or film production (moreso music). I was just wondeirng if anybody here could give me some insight before I make this decision. Like, what would be a better route - apartment or finding a roomate? What colleges are good? Is Kelowna a good place to settle in, or is there somewhere better? I am not looking to move to Vancouver so that's not even an option :p.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.
:smile:

i don't think Kelowna is canda's NYU of film study and music.....

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
You are probably right. But I might not even go to school for that. Just shooting ideas out there.
Well BC is gotta be the most beautiful place to get ideas in.....good luck and always follow your dreams....i know it sounds corny...but life can whip by ya sort of fast......don't take too much time off school either...i know i know ...it's the old guy in me ..sorry...here have some halloween candy...*watches to see if the noob takes the bait*

sellout74

Aug 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Haha. Very funny.
I wont take too much time off school, that's for sure. But, I am finishing school a semester early, and have always wanted to go out West - so why not? I figure it can't hurt.

Edit:
I have been looking into the Centre for Arts and Technology. Anybody have an info on that? Any good? It seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.