Tell me about your library...

4sarad

Jan 2, 2007
Hi everyone! My husband and I had been planning to move to Oregon for some time, but the fact that it's very crowded, very expensive, and very hard to find work there really got us down. Plus I'm a librarian and I found the most wonderful county there were they just built 8 new libraries, only to find out they were all being closed in April due to the community being unwilling to fund them.

We had both always thought living in Canada would be great, but never looked into it seriously before now. From our first bits of research it sounds amazing! We're looking at moving to BC in June of 2008, but I'd like to hear a little about your libraries if you don't mind. Do you find that you and your neighbors value your libraries? Are they well funded? Do people use them often? I'd hate to move to a wonderful area only to have my job disappear! If you can think of some specific areas for me to check out where perhaps there is a good population of families where education comes first, I'd love to hear about it!

Oh! I should mention that I'll have 7 years of experience working in university libraries when I move, but that I'd rather work in a public library. If there are very nice universities though, I'd like to hear about that too! I'm not ruling anything out at the moment.