Father/Daughter BC vacation tips?

Grumbler

Dec 18, 2006
Boise, ID
www.tvrides.com
G'day!

Was born and raised in West Vancouver, BC although I currently reside as a permanent resident alien in Boise, ID with my family.

Am doing a father/daughter trip to Victoria in June as that's where my sister lives. Tentative plan is to drive from Boise to The Dalles, OR for the night then out to Port Angeles, WA for our 2nd night.

Next day, Black Ball Ferry to Victoria for next couple of nights at my sister's house. We'll drive north after our visit to the Departure Bay-Horseshoe Bay Ferry, and have thought about spending the night in Squamish after we arrive on the mainland. Is that a good choice or should I consider another town?

Next morning, we'll visit Cypress Falls Park and the Calipano Suspension Bridge (used to live just a couple of miles southwest of it) before heading out towards Osoyoos for the night. Should I stay on Hwy 1 or switch to Hwys 7A & 7? Osoyoos might a little too far east that day so was wondering whether Princeton or another town would be ideal.

After Osoyoos, am not sure yet whether we'll cut south to Boise or continue east to Kooteney Bay, and turn south to Idaho via Creston. Any suggestions? :-D

Cheers!
-=G

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I think you have a very nice itinerary laid out there. You will see a lot of the nice sites, but definitely I would continue through to Kootenay, just to see that part of the mountains which will be fairly different from some of the other areas you visited, and you will get to see some of the areas that I fell in love with.

Grumbler

Dec 18, 2006
Boise, ID
www.tvrides.com
<...> I would continue through to Kootenay, just to see that part of the mountains which will be fairly different from some of the other areas you visited, and you will get to see some of the areas that I fell in love with.

Has been several years since I did the Victoria-Vancouver-Hope-Kamloops-Banff-Creston loop with my wife, but have never done the southern route through BC so am definately looking forward to it. :)