Virk's attackers

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Reena Virk: What has changed? Rootlessness, poverty, trauma

In the eight years since the murder of 14-year-old Reena Virk, the tragedy has burned itself into Victoria's collective consciousness. Nearly everyone who lives in the city knows the basic story line: How a misfit teen went with a group of other teens she hoped would be her friends to the secluded darkness under the Craigflower Bridge. How she was then swarmed and beaten by seven of the group - six girls and one boy, all aged 14 to 16. And how two of the group then followed her as she struggled back across the bridge and beat her further, with one girl finally drowning her in the Gorge Waterway.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Pea, I wonder how this novel will be received by "those in charge"? Victoria has a history of denying that any violence would happen in their beautiful friendly city.

Victoria has a "hidden" side that rivals any slum in any major city. From people disappearing and nobody doing anything to huge cult groups doing unspeakable things right in the heart of the city.

I wonder how much twitching will happen with that good old tweed curtain.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
They like to hide things twinks, gotta keep the tourists coming...It will be interesting, because alot of people want to read that book. Worse! she will be out sooner than later, perhaps her and karla can get an apartment together :twisted:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wonder who would win the fight between Karla and Kelly? Probably Kelly. She has to be one of the most bitter sourest, miserable, unhappy, grumpy, evil little skanky whore I've ever seen.