Tall ships festival

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Well if you got nothing to do this weekend, head on down to the tall ships festival this weekend in victoria 8) Ouch! its really a great festival and the chance to see "tall ships" I will definately have my tall hat on this weekend 8)

http://www.tallshipsvictoria.ca/

(Fixed your link again Pea ;) )

fantastic. Would love to see this......bad timing at this end. :cry:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well its going to be a zoo down there ocean, but cosmos will probally take some pics to post....I have also heard that Mr. Poo and his protesters (dressed up liked turds) will be staging a protest....no shit (no pun intended :lol: )

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Well its going to be a zoo down there ocean, but cosmos will probally take some pics to post....I have also heard that Mr. Poo and his protesters (dressed up liked turds) will be staging a protest....no shit (no pun intended :lol: )
:lol: :lol: :lol:

( too funny. Good sense of humor :wink:

some photos would be great.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Its true ocean...Dr. poo is going to be there...galaniomama told me all about it last night...she is up on all things stinky 8O
:lol:

totally believe you .... :)

ok......I bite: who is Dr. Poo.??? :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Giant turd protests dumping raw sewage in Canada

VICTORIA -- The dumping of raw sewage into the Pacific Ocean was an issue one man wanted to take to an all-candidates meeting in the Victoria-Beacon Hill riding Friday morning, but the costumed crusader was not allowed in.

James Skwarok arrived dressed up as "Mr. Floatie," a two-metre tall turd representing POOP, People Opposed to Outfall Pollution.

He wanted to highlight Victoria's daily dumping of 120 million litres of raw sewage, but when he was barred from the meeting he said the refusal left him "a little bummed out."
NDP Leader Carole James, who attended the meeting in the riding she hopes to win in British Columbia's May 17 election, said she grew up in the area and swam in the ocean as a child.

She said that sewage needs to be treated and that an NDP government would look at the issue as a priority.

But Liberal MLA Jeff Bray said scientists indicate there is no negative impact from the raw sewage. He acknowledged, however, that the practice damages the city's image.

Skwaork said B.C. has got to look good for the 2010 Olympics, adding the province doesn't want to get a "brown medal."

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
peapod said:
Well if you got nothing to do this weekend, head on down to the tall ships festival this weekend in victoria 8) Ouch! its really a great festival and the chance to see "tall ships" I will definately have my tall hat on this weekend 8)

http://www.tallshipsvictoria.ca/

(Fixed your link again Pea ;) )

How was that I was 80% going when my kid got ill :( I love the tall ships