Victoria Flower Count

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Well mu daffodils started coming up over a week ago along with some signs of other life in the garden beds. The joy of being on the west coast. BTW I shot an 88 today....not bad for an older fart like me.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
forget the golf I checked out your fishing links at your website...nice.. :p lots of good info. Ya its nice driving a street in Victoria and seeing nothing but a mass of pink cherry blossoms for miles 8)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
You guys have obviously never witnessed the beauty of a crocus surrounded by brown grass and snow poking out of the ground.

You might think that flower gardens are pretty, but seeing that is pure joy. After months of snow? No contest there at all.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
rev - we feel the pain for you. to try and compare a snow-drop-in-the-snow line for what we have is sad. i will try to send some pics of my snow drops in the sun....ouch, this was really bitchy. sorry, i guess i always remember those wonderful winters on the east coast, but hey i would love to visit winterpeg one day. one of the fellows who works in our office goes there weekly for meetings, and gives me updates on the weather. that's enough for me thanks.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well we will go to winterpeg galaniomama when my neice graduates from the university of manitoba next year...please make room for us rev, I need a bed tho...galaniomama can sleep with the dogs. hahahahahahahahahaha :p

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
bitch...

rev - i fondly remember flying over winnipeg and seeing that wonderful river wandering thru the city. it looks awesome. my husband graduated from u of m and he has told me stories.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Ummm...the dogs do sleep on the bed. And under it. And beside it. They pretty much do whatever the heck they want, actually.

We're kind of a one bedroom household, but you are welcome to the chesterfields in the living room or the camper in the driveway if you're here in the summer. It ain't fancy, but it is dry.

If you're nice to me I'll let you use the walking tractor. ;-)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hoe..

Its not only the fact that I need a bed of my own to sleep in...ehm well its your snoring and snorting that I cannot handle...dam I almost lost my mind in vancouver when we went to see neil young...two night of no sleep...but you sleept like a baby didn't you :twisted: :twisted:

Well I would like to see those pelicans that nest on lake winnipeg...and ehm...do they have good thrift stores there rev???

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
rev - i fondly remember flying over winnipeg and seeing that wonderful river wandering thru the city. it looks awesome. my husband graduated from u of m and he has told me stories.

It's a very nice city actually, galianomama. I was quite suprised when I moved here because my other visits to the city had been to a landscaper's place and to the north end.

It get's a bad rap, but it's really a very nice place.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
yes its not bad rev...but ehm...its flat 8O and ehm...the bugs are the size of small vehicles....but you got one big lake there....you do realize most of your seniors move out here :p

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

No, that's why I got the walking tractor...so I don't have to hoe. :wink:

Well I would like to see those pelicans that nest on lake winnipeg...and ehm...do they have good thrift stores there rev???

Pelicans are easy.

Thrift stores? The usual ones run by diabetes. Nothing special. There's a couple of antique stores, but there are no bargains there. We do have a fishing gear store that I'm told is one of the best on the continent though. I know nothing about fishing so I can't guarantee that, but that's what 've been told.

yes its not bad rev...but ehm...its flat Shocked and ehm...the bugs are the size of small vehicles....but you got one big lake there....you do realize most of your seniors move out here Razz

We have a couple of hills. Well okay, they are technically underpasses, but they are still hill-like.

The mosquitoes aren't that bad either. you just have to get used to the smell of OFF.

Actually most of our seniors drive aimlessly about the city at 6 miles an hour, changing lanes without signalling or even reason. I keep suggesting they go someplace warmer, but it ain't BC.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
rev - i love the look of the older part of the city. i looks lovely. kinda like victoria in the old town. i love the brick buildings and the surrounding areas always look a wonderful shade of green. no i think it is probably a really nice place, i have never had a problem with it. i bet the real estate is reasonably priced too. there is a lot history attached to the area too, which always makes a city interesting.

ehm well its your snoring and snorting that I cannot handle...
pea, for the sake of another agrument, bitch - i do not snore.

now, back to rev - forward pics of the city if you ever have a chance. i bet you guys have some great REAL diners too, whereas here we have to 'make them up as we go along' diners, not quite the same!!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
rev - i love the look of the older part of the city. i looks lovely. kinda like victoria in the old town. i love the brick buildings and the surrounding areas always look a wonderful shade of green.

That's the Exchange District. It's really nice down there.

i bet you guys have some great REAL diners too, whereas here we have to 'make them up as we go along' diners, not quite the same!!

We only have one retro-diner that I know of. It's supposed to be quite authentic. I do know the location of several fake-British/Irish pubs though. :D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well excuse me :albino: I am sure its a very nice place...perhaps you should consider a move galaniomama 8) the rev knows I am just kidding..with you its hard to say tho :p

Now rev let me ask you a question..In Carol shields book, larry's party, which mostly takes place in winnipeg, larry is into garden mazes. Are there garden mazes in winnipeg?? Henry I know there are awesome garden mazes in britian.