2015 was the hottest summer on record

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So what caused the hottest summer ever recorded in 1958? Was that global warming, too?

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
So what caused the hottest summer ever recorded in 1958? Was that global warming, too?
The reason the earth is warmer today than it was 60 years ago is that we see less extremes today. CAGW believers say that global warming means more extreme weather, but in reality it has brought less. Instead of having an extremely hot summer in 1958, followed by an extremely cold winter, etc. we just get constantly warm summers and constantly mild winters these days.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Returning to the 10,000 year average is a blessing. Absolutely nothing to panic over or throw money at.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yet Scotland has had a colder than normal summer.

Scotland's summer is always wet, grey, cold and dreary. A bit like Canada's.

But it is true than Scotland's summer has been the coldest for 40 years. It's just had the coldest June since 1972.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The AGW crowd are such decrepit liars. Last winter was one coldest of record.. but the AGW scam has developed the tactic of the Big Lie.. that you should believe their concocted stats rather than your own senses.

We appear to be in a cyclical cooling phase in the Northern hemisphere, which produces more turbulent weather. AGW is a cult, with a philosophical and political agenda deeply antipathetical to the human pestilence on a pristine 'mother' earth.

Nothing they say can be trusted.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I was thinking of getting it honestly.
Well, THAT ain't gonna work!

However if that doesn't work there is always law school as a backup plan.
Dishonest lawyers make it very hard for the other 1%.

The AGW crowd are such decrepit liars.
I don't know. A lot of 'em are pretty robust liars.

Last winter was one coldest of record.. but the AGW scam has developed the tactic of the Big Lie.. that you should believe their concocted stats rather than your own senses.
It ain't raining here, therefore it ain't raining anyplace.

We appear to be in a cyclical cooling phase in the Northern hemisphere, which produces more turbulent weather. AGW is a cult, with a philosophical and political agenda deeply antipathetical to the human pestilence on a pristine 'mother' earth.

Nothing they say can be trusted.
Well, can't say as I disagree with 'em on the "pestilence" part.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
And we hear from another willing subject of the LSD testing.
You give it to 'em, Coldnuts.

1%? You are exaggerating, right?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
" The record" is short. 110-120 years.

THAT is the record! Only counting the last 120 years of 4.5 BILLION!

Instead of having an extremely hot summer in 1958, followed by an extremely cold winter, etc. we just get constantly warm summers and constantly mild winters these days.

Except of course when we have constant cool summers and constant bitter cold winters.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
well, let me see, in the last 4.5 billion years the weather has been wet, dry, hot, cold, low-pressure, high-pressure, snowy, non-snowy, etc. etc. IOW, changeable. So to me, climate is also changeable. I can't see the reason for hubbub.
People have been known to screw things up, I still can't see a reason for the hubbub.