Five hundred snakes discovered at B.C. construction site

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Five hundred snakes discovered at B.C. construction site

Canoe.ca
First posted: Monday, March 02, 2015 06:54 PM EST

The Wildlife Rescue Association of B.C. has its hands full after 500 garter snakes were delivered in buckets to its doorstep last week.

A construction team working to repair a dike in Delta, B.C., dropped off the slithery creatures after a hibernation den was discovered within the work site.

While garter snakes are harmless, the idea of handling 500 of them at once is, uh, not our idea of fun.
Five hundred snakes discovered at B.C. construction site | Canada | News | Toron

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

run

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
ya gotta see 'em in narcisse manitoba. now there be snakes.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Other than secreting a stinky white goo from their scales when handled, They are completely harmless. We bought a house in the Slocan valley back in 1990. It was built on an incline with a cement stair case running up the side of the foundation. It had separated from the foundation over the years, and there must have been a small cavern created under it. In the spring, on the first really warm day, I was in the house when I hear my wife screaming like a banshee outside. When I got there she was almost catatonic with terror. There were hundreds of garter snakes all over the stairs and lawn. I grabbed a cardboard box and rounded them all up an carried them a safe way from her screaming. Poor little guys were freaked right out. I laughed ans said, "You know what Freud would say about this?" she said no. I said "fear of snakes is a fear of p e n i s e s." She hit me. I was kinda hoping she would do something else to prove me wrong. :)