Where should we move in BC?

cojocaramy

May 20, 2014
I know this question has been asked often and I have done research through google about jobs/housing prices etc. but just looking for some specific advice. We are a young (ish) couple - 30 and are both elementary teachers. We are looking to move back to Canada this year after living abroad and we want to move to BC.

We want a decent sized yard, so with the price of housing, Vancouver is not an option.

We want to purchase a house, around $250,000-400,000 (being the absolute top)

We like the outdoors (hiking, biking, mountain climbing, snowboarding, paddle boarding)

We need somewhere where we would be able to get a teaching position

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We also don't mind if it is a smaller community, as long as it's close to a city or bigger place where we would be able to get a job.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Look in and around the Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon areas.. Interior BC with tons of outdoor stuff.

Still expensive, but a helluva lot more accessible than the lower Mainland.

Where are you moving from?

cojocaramy

May 20, 2014
We've been to Kelowna briefly on vacation and loved it... We are originally from Sask. but are living in the UAE teaching right now.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Personally I like Osoyoos.

Osoyoos

Destination Osoyoos - Canada's Warmest Welcome

Not to many moonbats there... but those summer months and the tail in tiny bikinis..

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Go somewhere where there is resource development. Vancouver Island and the other retirement hot spots like Kelowna have no industry left to support young families. Schools are closing because few of those rich retirees are producing kids to fill the existing schools. Who knew?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Go somewhere where there is resource development. Vancouver Island and the other retirement hot spots like Kelowna have no industry left to support young families. Schools are closing because few of those rich retirees are producing kids to fill the existing schools. Who knew?

That would means living on BCs prairies and working oil and gas.

cojocaramy

May 20, 2014
OP needs to do a lot more research re: teaching jobs in BC-the situation is rather dire.
Bill thanks for that but BC is where we want to be so that is what we will work towards.

If you have any advice pertaining to my question let me know, thanks!