Slocan Valley and the Sinixt Nation lose Big Time.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
For more than 30 years residents of the Slocan Valley have fought to protect their watersheds from logging. Home have been lost and people killed by land slides, sink holes and land slumps due to logging and water flow and quality diminished. The latest loss has been the top of Perry Ridge, the head waters of much of the water supply.

Perry Ridge...Damage Done - YouTube

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
For more than 30 years residents of the Slocan Valley have fought to protect their watersheds from logging. Home have been lost and people killed by land slides, sink holes and land slumps due to logging and water flow and quality diminished. The latest loss has been the top of Perry Ridge, the head waters of much of the water supply.

Perry Ridge...Damage Done - YouTube

What a barren wasteland.
I bet nothing will ever grow there again.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That much cutting in only 2 years?

holy ****
That ridge is 40 miles long. Over a thousand people live below the east face who rely on the water from the ridge. The government wants to scalp the whole top of the old growth. The valley will become uninhabitable, which I think is the plan. Too many environmentally aware people there. Must get rid of them.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
What a barren wasteland.
I bet nothing will ever grow there again.
[/FONT]
Certainly not the people that died there.
There are patches of clearcuts across the lake from my house. I moved here in 1989. The clearcuts are still blatant and there is not much more than grass and scrub brush on them. Stuff does grow back but it doesn't happen in only a couple decades.

That much cutting in only 2 years?

holy ****
That's just one spot.