HST demise is delayed.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Isn't that why some mobsters get wacked?

They couldn't cover the gratuity to the Boss?

B.C. has to come up with the funds somehow. From what I understand, they are still in negotiations with the feds and I wouldn't be surprised if that is influencing this delay.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
B.C. has to come up with the funds somehow. From what I understand, they are still in negotiations with the feds and I wouldn't be surprised if that is influencing this delay.
No doubt, but I was going for a haha, as that was the first thought that popped into my mind as I read your post.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No doubt, but I was going for a haha, as that was the first thought that popped into my mind as I read your post.

This.. haha...

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm hoping they manage to delay it long enough that people come to their senses and realize that they voted themselves a bad idea just for spite.
As taxes go the HST is a better method and more fair but it was poorly implemented. Mostly because those that brought it in know they are right but could or would not figure out how to explain it to the economic simpletons that it a far better deal for the poor than the rich. Then again many on the left are not open to rational thought.
That is not to say that there should not be some changes made either.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... this news makes an untenable situation for business in british columbia much, much worse, but it's not surprising at all ...

... the bc government is already in a war position with the hst. the hst was voted down in a referendum and the government agreed to comply with the referendum reults and abolish the tax. as such, it's completlely unlawful for the bc government to still be collecting an abolished and repealed tax from bc businesses ...

... however, if you've ever dealt with crooks you know that they will come up with any excuse they can think of to keep stealing from you and they will never give up a penny, as is happening with the bc government in this case ...

... the bc government has essentially refused to repeal the tax as promised. expect the hst to be around forever ...

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
... this news makes an untenable situation for business in british columbia much, much worse, but it's not surprising at all ...

... the bc government is already in a war position with the hst. the hst was voted down in a referendum and the government agreed to comply with the referendum reults and abolish the tax. as such, it's completlely unlawful for the bc government to still be collecting an abolished and repealed tax from bc businesses ...

... however, if you've ever dealt with crooks you know that they will come up with any excuse they can think of to keep stealing from you and they will never give up a penny, as is happening with the bc government in this case ...

... the bc government has essentially refused to repeal the tax as promised. expect the hst to be around forever ...

Its no wonder you have so many problems with the RCMP. You simply have no clue about the law. The law in your alternate reality have no substance here.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
the British Columbia Liberals were able to enact the HST so fast because they lied about not having the wheels in motion a year before the election......and good old Gordo and Kevin falcon went on television and said the HST was not on their radar till the election was over.

Both the BC Liberals and the Harper Conservatives had this plan in place and bold faced lie to the British Columbia citizens......as far as I'm concerned Kevin falcon and the British Columbia Liberals are just continuing to lie......