Superman renounces US citizenship to do more good around the world

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Superman renounces US citizenship to do more good around the world | News.com.au

THE world's most famous champion of truth, justice and the American way says he intends to renounce his US citizenship.

Superman makes the shocking pronouncement in this week's Action Comics No. 900, the New York Post reported today.

"Truth, justice and the American way - it's not enough anymore," the Man of Steel tells the president's national security adviser. "I intend to speak before the United Nations tomorrow and inform them that I am renouncing my US citizenship."

Do not blame the usual suspects in Washington, D.C, - he is not giving up his citizenship because of health care reform or high taxes. Rather, Superman made his declaration after his protection of protesters in Iran became an international incident.

"I'm tired of having my actions construed as instruments of US policy," he says, explaining that he wants to help wherever and whenever he is needed. "I've been thinking too small. I realise that now."

In a statement, DC Comics co-publishers Jim Lee and Dan Didio said that despite the global outlook, the character is, and always will be, a red-blooded American at heart.

"Superman is a visitor from a distant planet who has long embraced American values. As a character and an icon, he embodies the best of the American Way," they said.

In his origin in the comics, Superman is sent to Earth as a baby to escape the demise of his home planet of Krypton and a Kansas couple raise him as their own son.

But since he was not technically born in the United States - and since his adoptive parents did not legally adopt him - he could be considered an illegal immigrant anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------

lol, true.... that and a Canadian Born Artist helped create him.

"Keep it, it's a gift.... who knows, it might be worth something someday.... dun doo do dooooo dadda do doooo!!! Goodbye Lois!" :lol:

"I smell burnt toast!"