Author Seeking Publisher

Dingus
I have completed a fantasy adventure novel aimed at 9-14 year olds. How can I get it published without it costing me an arm and leg thorugh the "self publishing" or "vanity press" routes. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Ariadne
Print it out - whatever number of copies you want, take it to the book binders.

Or ... try something like this: https://www.createspace.com/

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by DingusView Post

I have completed a fantasy adventure novel aimed at 9-14 year olds. How can I get it published without it costing me an arm and leg thorugh the "self publishing" or "vanity press" routes. Does anyone have any ideas please?

There are lots of resources to self publish. E Publishing, Vanity Press, but if you are going to self publish I would recommend you do only a few copies and try E Publishing so that you don't end up with 40 boxes of books cluttering up your garage.or crawlspace.

If you have put the time into writing this and you think it will appeal to an audience then write a query letter, a synopsis and send that out.

If you're unsure about what you need to do to get started check your inbox. I sent you my email and I'll offer what help I can.

Cheers
Mark

Dingus
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Sorry- its been a while. A HUGE THAKYOU for pointing me towards the link. It is so easy, quick and cheap to produce a pro lookig book. Just awaiting the final proof before finally getting it launced. Many thanks Ariadne

damngrumpy
Here is another avenue you might want to look up go to

www.be-published-canada.com from there you can request a publishers guide.

In addition they can help you if you follow the information and it is easy to do so.
I am looking to getting some poetry published and a CD compilation copy written
myself. I am so busy somehow I never get to the finish line with this stuff but
good luck hope I have been a help to you.

TenPenny
Contact Goose Lane Editions (or goose lane press, I can't remember the name), they're a small publisher. At the very least, they should have some advice if your book doesn't fit their thing. Some publishers are better at certain genres (if you read the writers' magazines, you'll know that), so you need to make sure you approach the correct publisher.

But give Goose Lane a try, they're a smaller publisher with some good success.

Dingus
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Sorry Ariadne. Its been a while and I am not sure if I thanked you for your help. If not- THANK YOU. My book is now published and sales are trickling through. PLEASE Check it out. Its called Brad and the Initial Jaunts, and is available on a number of websites and also Amazon. Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again. X

Quote: Originally Posted by DingusView Post

Sorry Ariadne. Its been a while and I am not sure if I thanked you for your help. If not- THANK YOU. My book is now published and sales are trickling through. PLEASE Check it out. Its called Brad and the Initial Jaunts, and is available on a number of websites and also Amazon. Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again. X

Thanks to ALL of you for your help, advice and encouragement. Much appreciated. Move over JK Rowling (I wish lol).