Walking Dead

Avro
+1 / -1
#1  Top Rated Post
Anybody watching this show?

The first season just wrapped up and it was awesome.

GreenFish66
Yeah man , a bunch of us watched the Marathon last night...Is a Wicked show !....mmmmm Brains! ..

shadowshiv
+1
I don't have access to it, but I will be purchasing it when it's released on DVD. I own the complete comic series so far. I hope the television series remains somewhat faithful to the original subject matter.

Trotz
Could be a start to a genre of televised Zombie shows,

probably likely, considering that it doesn't require as much of a budget and there are more viewers than in the sci-fi genre.

GreenFish66
Hey , don't be knockin' Sci-Fi . .No Zombie movie Comes Close to Star Wars / Star trek/ StarGate .Just finished watching the FireFly/Serenity Series.Great Show! ....Although perhaps "Zombie Eaters of the 23 century" wouldn't be a bad Combination of the two.. A for sure hit!..lol

MissAnnika
my husband is watching this show, yup, that's all I have to contribute to this forum, although, I was a zombie for Halloween

Nuggler
No need to watch the movie. Just look out your window at the people passing by.

MissAnnika
actually I had a similar conversation with a friend not too long ago. If you watch all the people in the mall closely, they all sort of act like zombies in a way, minus the smell of death and the rotting flesh, well maybe

CUBert
+1 / -1
Nah the show was terrible. I liked it as it started but as the season went on it got worse and the actors were all garbage.

MissAnnika
I play Left for Dead instead

Johnny Utah
It was a good show but after watching life after Humans Zombies would be the last thing I would be worried about such as unattended nuclear power plants etc..

Retired_Can_Soldier
I dont get it on my cable provider. I just finished the first season of Boardwalk Empire which was very enjoyable.

wulfie68
My wife and step-son are hugely into zombies (they especially love the Romero movies) and we all enjoyed this. I am kind of wondering where they are going to take it though.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by MissAnnikaView Post

my husband is watching this show, yup, that's all I have to contribute to this forum, although, I was a zombie for Halloween

LOL! That was probably a cool costume.

Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

My wife and step-son are hugely into zombies (they especially love the Romero movies) and we all enjoyed this. I am kind of wondering where they are going to take it though.

Check out the comic series(not for kids though!). It is almost at 80 issues now, and you can get caught up via the TradePaperBack route.

Retired_Can_Soldier
I just watched this yesterday with my son who had a the whole season. The visuals were pretty graphic for a television show.

darkbeaver
Vidiots are zombies, that's really how they are made here in the land of digital diahreeehaha, most of yall will watch anything including drying paint, I rekon. The Muzzie hordes even now approaching our shores will have an easy conquest of the west, especially if it starts in prime time. Do yourselves a favour boot your zombie box into a hundred little pieces and set it on fire. Live happily ever after. I do watch a bit of telly, but I never plug it in. Roll one up and try it out, I especially like the patterns of accumulated dust and the bird **** running down the sides in the rain.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Vidiots are zombies, that's really how they are made here in the land of digital diahreeehaha, most of yall will watch anything including drying paint, I rekon. The Muzzie hordes even now approaching our shores will have an easy conquest of the west, especially if it starts in prime time. Do yourselves a favour boot your zombie box into a hundred little pieces and set it on fire. Live happily ever after. I do watch a bit of telly, but I never plug it in. Roll one up and try it out, I especially like the patterns of accumulated dust and the bird **** running down the sides in the rain.

F^ck man. Good crop this year.

Can't help but agree about 62% with your post. Mind you that's a solid 62%.

spaminator
Has Frank Darabont just walked OFF The Walking Dead?

According to sources close to the show, Frank Darabont may have just left The Walking Dead.

Deadline reports that Darabont, the creator and executive producer of the smash AMC series, is leaving his position as showrunner. There's no official confirmation of this yet, and what makes it even stranger is that Darabont appeared just last Friday at the Walking Dead panel during Comic-Con. It's not clear whether Darabont is leaving the series completely or will stay on board in some capacity.

The reason for his alleged departure is also unknown, but Deadline speculates that Darabont never got used to the daily grind of making a weekly TV series after working in the film world for years.

Season two of The Walking Dead is in production now, and if Darabont does walk (pardon the pun), the day-to-day operations could be handed to his number two man, executive producer Glen Mazzara. But will The Walking Dead be the same without the man who wrote and directed its pilot and brought the series to the screen?

We'll find out on Oct. 16 when The Walking Dead—with or without Darabont's involvement—has its second-season premiere on AMC.

spaminator
Kurt Sutter, Shawn Ryan Blast AMC for Walking Dead Showrunner Departure

Hours after news broke that The Walking Dead (external - login to view) would be returning for a fourth season without (external - login to view) showrunner Glen Mazzara (external - login to view), fellow showrunners Kurt Sutter (external - login to view) and Shawn Ryan (external - login to view) blasted AMC for the shocking move.
"AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara," Sutter, who created and executive-produces Sons of Anarchy (external - login to view) for rival cable network FX, wrote on his blog (external - login to view). "They continue to disrespect writers, s--- on their audience and bury their network."
Check out celebrities' dramatic weight loss (external - login to view)
The famously outspoken Sutter went on to praise Mazzara for taking a "work-in-progress" series and transforming it into a "viable TV show with a future," after the departure of original Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont (external - login to view) in the middle of Season 2. "Without [Mazzara], that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we're not cookiecutter d-----bags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. Mad Men (external - login to view) and Breaking Bad (external - login to view) will be gone soon. So will AMC."
Shawn Ryan, who created FX's The Shield (external - login to view), a show on which both Mazzara and Sutter worked, also spoke out on Twitter against AMC, beginning simply with, "AMC WTF?"
Fifty Shades of Lame! Check out TV's unsexiest sex scenes (external - login to view)
"Common knowledge that AMC cut Breaking Bad shorter than it should have been," continued (external - login to view) Ryan, who also created FX's Terriers (external - login to view), Fox's The Chicago Code (external - login to view), and ABC's soon-to-be-ending Last Resort (external - login to view). "Now you have creative differences with biggest hit's savior. ... With FX, Showtime, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, A&E, TNT and others to sell to, it's a real question now why good show runners should sell to AMC?"
AMC picked up 16 episodes of Breaking Bad when it was renewed for a final season, though producers lobbied for more. AMC was also famously locked in a very public (and heated) negotiation with Matthew Weiner (external - login to view), the creator and executive producer of award magnate Mad Men, back in early 2011.
Breaking Bad will wrap sometime in 2013, and Mad Men will air its second-to-last season next year.
What do you think of Sutter and Ryan's comments?

Kurt Sutter, Shawn Ryan Blast AMC for Walking Dead Showrunner Departure - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com (external - login to view)
Last edited by spaminator; Feb 25th, 2013 at 10:38 AM..

EagleSmack
+1
Hmmm... it seems like your post from 2011 has answered your last post. The show can survive providing they have good writers. People in Hollywood often have a high opinion of themselves... that without them the world would not spin.

spaminator
+1
aw crap! Rogers Customers: You Are About to Lose

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

aw crap! Rogers Customers: You Are About to Lose

If they remove channel 55 I will send zombies after them....what a bunch of d i c k s only 12 million people watching Walking Dead and Rogers may cut access to the channel. They got bombarded with emails, Facebook bombs and tweets after the crawl on Sunday night. They'd best listen people were raging.

I think they will back off.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

If they remove channel 55 I will send zombies after them....what a bunch of d i c k s only 12 million people watching Walking Dead and Rogers may cut access to the channel. They got bombarded with emails, Facebook bombs and tweets after the crawl on Sunday night. They'd best listen people were raging.

I think they will back off.

I hope so.

I'm eyeballing it on iTunes just in case.

L Gilbert
+1
?
No problems here.
We use:
Watch Movies and TV Show Online (external - login to view)
Watch TV Shows online, Full episodes, Seasons, Series, News - Btvguide (external - login to view)
and iTunes or Amazon if we are desperate. Told Shaw to stuff their tv service a while ago.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I hope so.

I'm eyeballing it on iTunes just in case.

If they do, I will go NetFlix and cut back down to basic cable because there are such few channels that I watch anyway. It's really only HBO for the most part. There are no shows that I watch other than Walking Dead on the lower channels. And I think I can get most of those programs from HBO on NetFlix anyway. Part of me hopes they do so I can justify saying screw ya and here's why Rogers. But I don't think they will now due to the hostile response generated after the crawl. If they do, they will lose a lot of money.

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

?
No problems here.
We use:
Watch Movies and TV Show Online (external - login to view)
Watch TV Shows online, Full episodes, Seasons, Series, News - Btvguide (external - login to view)
and iTunes or Amazon if we are desperate. Told Shaw to stuff their tv service a while ago.

thanks for the links, I am getting tired of paying a crap load of money for over 300 stations when I only watch nine or ten at most.

L Gilbert

If they do, I will go NetFlix and cut back down to basic cable because there are such few channels that I watch anyway. It's really only HBO for the most part. There are no shows that I watch other than Walking Dead on the lower channels. And I think I can get most of those programs from HBO on NetFlix anyway. Part of me hopes they do so I can justify saying screw ya and here's why Rogers. But I don't think they will now due to the hostile response generated after the crawl. If they do, they will lose a lot of money.

thanks for the links, I am getting tired of paying a crap load of money for over 300 stations when I only watch nine or ten at most.

heheh Yeah, we were, too. Except we were down to 4 regular tv shows and an occasional documentary on maybe 3 channels.

Sal

heheh Yeah, we were, too. Except we were down to 4 regular tv shows and an occasional documentary on maybe 3 channels.

Either we expect too much from the shows or it is beyond bad. I can't sit for a whole hour anymore, they don't hold my attention. When I try to get through a regular show I just sit and watch how they have spaced out the dialogue so they all get equal lines. And then I just get mad because the plots are so effing lame.

And I used to love movies. But most of them are dreck now too. I wake up at the end....zzzzzzzz... that's how engaging they are. And forget comedies... they don't make me laugh...I have tried a few, and they are funny two times around...then.....same old same old.

And they keep making the same movies over from 50 years ago...only they don't do the job as well. There's no character development so when they kill someone off, who cares! You have to care about the character or it's pointless.

L Gilbert

Either we expect too much from the shows or it is beyond bad. I can't sit for a whole hour anymore, they don't hold my attention. When I try to get through a regular show I just sit and watch how they have spaced out the dialogue so they all get equal lines. And then I just get mad because the plots are so effing lame.

And I used to love movies. But most of them are dreck now too. I wake up at the end....zzzzzzzz... that's how engaging they are. And forget comedies... they don't make me laugh...I have tried a few, and they are funny two times around...then.....same old same old.

You have entirely way too much time on your hands. lol

Quote:

And they keep making the same movies over from 50 years ago...only they don't do the job as well. There's no character development so when they kill someone off, who cares! You have to care about the character or it's pointless.

Try British mysteries if you like mysteries. Or Aussie ones. We just started watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and Luther. And we have been watching Lewis, Midsomer Murders, Rebus, etc. for years as well as British comedies.

Sal

You have entirely way too much time on your hands. lol

Maybe THAT's the problem...lol...but I like to come home from work and have a glass of wine and chill out in front of the TV for a bit. Otherwise I can't get my fingers off of the keyboard and I spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on the computer. I was hoping for a bit of a distraction for the couple hundred bucks per month or 150.00 or whatever it is.

Quote:

Try British mysteries if you like mysteries. Or Aussie ones. We just started watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and Luther. And we have been watching Lewis, Midsomer Murders, Rebus, etc. for years as well as British comedies.

Yeah there were some good ones...then they vanished...okay, I'll go channel hunting or check out the BBC if they haven't removed that too.

L Gilbert
+1

Maybe THAT's the problem...lol...but I like to come home from work and have a glass of wine and chill out in front of the TV for a bit. Otherwise I can't get my fingers off of the keyboard and I spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on the computer. I was hoping for a bit of a distraction for the couple hundred bucks per month or 150.00 or whatever it is.

We got fed up paying Shaw the $60 or $65 for basic. $150 or $200? That's flatout usury.

Quote:

Yeah there were some good ones...then they vanished...okay, I'll go channel hunting or check out the BBC if they haven't removed that too.

NOO! Just look them up in the links I posted. Or just Google "watch <XXXX> online".