Walking Dead

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I don't have access to it, but I will be purchasing it when it's released on DVD. I own the complete comic series so far. I hope the television series remains somewhat faithful to the original subject matter.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Could be a start to a genre of televised Zombie shows,

probably likely, considering that it doesn't require as much of a budget and there are more viewers than in the sci-fi genre.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hey , don't be knockin' Sci-Fi .:) .No Zombie movie Comes Close to Star Wars / Star trek/ StarGate .Just finished watching the FireFly/Serenity Series.Great Show! ....Although perhaps "Zombie Eaters of the 23 century" wouldn't be a bad Combination of the two.. A for sure hit!..;)lol

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
my husband is watching this show, yup, that's all I have to contribute to this forum, although, I was a zombie for Halloween

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
actually I had a similar conversation with a friend not too long ago. If you watch all the people in the mall closely, they all sort of act like zombies in a way, minus the smell of death and the rotting flesh, well maybe

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Nah the show was terrible. I liked it as it started but as the season went on it got worse and the actors were all garbage.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
It was a good show but after watching life after Humans Zombies would be the last thing I would be worried about such as unattended nuclear power plants etc..

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
My wife and step-son are hugely into zombies (they especially love the Romero movies) and we all enjoyed this. I am kind of wondering where they are going to take it though.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
my husband is watching this show, yup, that's all I have to contribute to this forum, although, I was a zombie for Halloween

LOL! That was probably a cool costume.:)

My wife and step-son are hugely into zombies (they especially love the Romero movies) and we all enjoyed this. I am kind of wondering where they are going to take it though.

Check out the comic series(not for kids though!). It is almost at 80 issues now, and you can get caught up via the TradePaperBack route.;)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I just watched this yesterday with my son who had a the whole season. The visuals were pretty graphic for a television show.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Vidiots are zombies, that's really how they are made here in the land of digital diahreeehaha, most of yall will watch anything including drying paint, I rekon. The Muzzie hordes even now approaching our shores will have an easy conquest of the west, especially if it starts in prime time. Do yourselves a favour boot your zombie box into a hundred little pieces and set it on fire. Live happily ever after. I do watch a bit of telly, but I never plug it in. Roll one up and try it out, I especially like the patterns of accumulated dust and the bird **** running down the sides in the rain.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Vidiots are zombies, that's really how they are made here in the land of digital diahreeehaha, most of yall will watch anything including drying paint, I rekon. The Muzzie hordes even now approaching our shores will have an easy conquest of the west, especially if it starts in prime time. Do yourselves a favour boot your zombie box into a hundred little pieces and set it on fire. Live happily ever after. I do watch a bit of telly, but I never plug it in. Roll one up and try it out, I especially like the patterns of accumulated dust and the bird **** running down the sides in the rain.

F^ck man. Good crop this year.

Can't help but agree about 62% with your post. Mind you that's a solid 62%. ;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Has Frank Darabont just walked OFF The Walking Dead?

According to sources close to the show, Frank Darabont may have just left The Walking Dead.

Deadline reports that Darabont, the creator and executive producer of the smash AMC series, is leaving his position as showrunner. There's no official confirmation of this yet, and what makes it even stranger is that Darabont appeared just last Friday at the Walking Dead panel during Comic-Con. It's not clear whether Darabont is leaving the series completely or will stay on board in some capacity.

The reason for his alleged departure is also unknown, but Deadline speculates that Darabont never got used to the daily grind of making a weekly TV series after working in the film world for years.

Season two of The Walking Dead is in production now, and if Darabont does walk (pardon the pun), the day-to-day operations could be handed to his number two man, executive producer Glen Mazzara. But will The Walking Dead be the same without the man who wrote and directed its pilot and brought the series to the screen?

We'll find out on Oct. 16 when The Walking Dead—with or without Darabont's involvement—has its second-season premiere on AMC.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Kurt Sutter, Shawn Ryan Blast AMC for Walking Dead Showrunner Departure

Hours after news broke that The Walking Dead would be returning for a fourth season without showrunner Glen Mazzara, fellow showrunners Kurt Sutter and Shawn Ryan blasted AMC for the shocking move.
"AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara," Sutter, who created and executive-produces Sons of Anarchy for rival cable network FX, wrote on his blog. "They continue to disrespect writers, s--- on their audience and bury their network."
Check out celebrities' dramatic weight loss
The famously outspoken Sutter went on to praise Mazzara for taking a "work-in-progress" series and transforming it into a "viable TV show with a future," after the departure of original Walking Dead showrunner Frank Darabont in the middle of Season 2. "Without [Mazzara], that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we're not cookiecutter d-----bags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. Mad Men and Breaking Bad will be gone soon. So will AMC."
Shawn Ryan, who created FX's The Shield, a show on which both Mazzara and Sutter worked, also spoke out on Twitter against AMC, beginning simply with, "AMC WTF?"
Fifty Shades of Lame! Check out TV's unsexiest sex scenes
"Common knowledge that AMC cut Breaking Bad shorter than it should have been," continued Ryan, who also created FX's Terriers, Fox's The Chicago Code, and ABC's soon-to-be-ending Last Resort. "Now you have creative differences with biggest hit's savior. ... With FX, Showtime, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, A&E, TNT and others to sell to, it's a real question now why good show runners should sell to AMC?"
AMC picked up 16 episodes of Breaking Bad when it was renewed for a final season, though producers lobbied for more. AMC was also famously locked in a very public (and heated) negotiation with Matthew Weiner, the creator and executive producer of award magnate Mad Men, back in early 2011.
Breaking Bad will wrap sometime in 2013, and Mad Men will air its second-to-last season next year.
What do you think of Sutter and Ryan's comments?

Kurt Sutter, Shawn Ryan Blast AMC for Walking Dead Showrunner Departure - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hmmm... it seems like your post from 2011 has answered your last post. The show can survive providing they have good writers. People in Hollywood often have a high opinion of themselves... that without them the world would not spin.