Leslie Nielsen Dies

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
A great funny man has died

LOS ANGELES – Leslie Nielsen who traded in his dramatic persona for inspired bumbling as a hapless doctor in "Airplane!" and the accident-prone detective Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun" comedies, died on Sunday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He was 84.

He was the best today and will be missed.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
... there goes another good 'un. :sad::sad:

His agent confirmed that the actor died Sunday ,... at 5:34 p.m. ET, due to complications of pneumonia.

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
Wow, I'm sort of shocked right now. A classy and funny fellow, gone.

Rest in Peace, Leslie. Thanks for all the laughs.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Leslie Neilson dies at 84

Leslie Neilson was a serious actor up until the early 80's often playing the villain. In the 1980's he starred in the slapstick comedy Airplane and from there embraced his comedic side and endured himself to fans all over the world.

Neilson was very well liked and was a proud Canadian.

He will be missed.

News story

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
He was great, and I will miss his brand of slapstick comedy. A great Canadian as well.

Rest In Peace Mr. Nielsen.:(

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I saw Leslie Nielsen on Highway To Heaven he played a
serious role in that show now he is gone there for good like all the good
actors and actresses that went before him.

The problem with getting old is that I see my heroes and people I really admired go to the other side but
that is life.

The children take over and you hope for the best and when it’s your turn to go you can only hope you did
your best.

Leslie Nielsen will be missed.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
A classy and funny fellow, gone.

Classy....yes very!

YouTube - Leslie Nielsen farted on Morning show ^_^

Leslie Neilson was a serious actor up until the early 80's often playing the villain.

I saw an interview with him a few years ago and he said he is still a serious actor...he is just out of context with his surroundings. He said there is a scene in naked gun, where he is rooting through the desk looking for evidence. He opens up the drawer ans says "Bingo", then holds up a bingo card. He said that, at least 5 or 6 times during the 60's he said the same line as a cop (in the long list of cop shows he did) and that he said it in exactly the same way. If you watch him in the Airplane and Naked Gun movies and ignore everything else, he is acting exactly like he did in many of the dramas he was in.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
He was a gifted comedic actor. He grew up in Tulita, NWT, on the Mackenzie River in the high Arctic, the son of a Mountie. I always saw a Canadian edge to his humour and acting. RIP.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
It was Leslie Nielsen's serious style of comedy that made me an Eternal Fan ..

Leslie Nielsen is now on that Golden Circuit in the heavens entertaining the enlightened crowds, enjoying the view along side other Great Angel Actors.

Fans/Friends/Family/Film/Big"G" will keep his Energy Alive n' memories/laughter.

God Bless/All Bless

R.I.P

Leslie Nielsen

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm ancient enough to remember Nielsen when he primarily played heavies in TV cop shows. But he was certainly in his element as a comedian. A great Canadian.