bell fibe tv

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
bell fibe tv
is it any good? are the tv stations transmitted over the phone lines? can it be used with a crt tv and a vcr?

Bell Fibe TV - Seeing is believing.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I would say that it looks like fiber to the home, which we have here in NB. Fibre Optic line directly into your house, carrying internet and digital tv signals. I don't have the tv, but I do have the net, and it's fast fast fast.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
First commercial use was in SK tho.
Whoever, whenever, is irelevant. It still blows cable out of the water.
Business & Technology Editors

MURRAY HILL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 10, 2002
Canadian Service Provider, SaskTel, Is First to Deploy the New
Solution for Delivering Advanced Video Services
Lucent Technologies (NYSE: LU) today announced a new high-performance solution for delivering Internet Protocol (IP) video over digital subscriber line (DSL), enabling service providers to offer new revenue-generating services to their customers.
The new offer, based on the Lucent Stinger(R) DSL platform, enables the "triple play" delivery of video, voice and data bundled services. According to market research firm Yankee Group, video offerings, such as broadcast TV, video-on-demand, interactive TV and video conferencing, can more than double the revenue opportunities from broadband customers receiving only high-speed Internet access service today.
The Canadian service provider, SaskTel, is the first customer to deploy the solution. "Lucent is our chosen DSL vendor, and is committed to deliver the gigabit bandwidth that we require for delivering services such as broadcast TV, as well as potential future offerings such as video-on-demand (VOD)," said Al Yam, general manager, Technology Development and Engineering, SaskTel. "Our significant investment in, and deployment of, Stinger technology allows SaskTel to deliver a portfolio of advanced services to our customers from the same Stinger platform. In addition, the ability to deliver these services on an environmentally hardened Stinger RT enables us to continue our deployment in outdoor locations to reach our remote customer base."