Amateur photography at its best

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Sunset on the river ...

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Great Blue Heron taken today ... not happy with the quality of the photos I've been taking, so this afternoon I picked up the lens below. Hopefully that will help with clarity of image. If not, I'm quitting the hobby.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
These are fantastic photos.. Did you (Andem & Ariadne) take these yourselves?

I did. I've recently taken an interest in photographing what I see ... what I see and what I get in a photograph are not the same ... but I'm not giving up yet.

Blackcapped Chickadee ...

Owl Scratching

Owl not scratching

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Great unblinking Human eye view, bird shots you took there through that Looking glass thingy..There eh...:)If I had to choose a favorite..It would have to be the fierce predatory posture you caught and froze that keen bird of prey in ;)........They're Good Pics..

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I love the shots, they truly are amazing.

Do you travel very far to the locations or are they in your (proverbial) backyard?

It's work ... my camera goes where I go.

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/cliffwaffle/hawk.jpg?t=1286590843
Damn! I can't figure out how to post the picture! I took this picture in a park in Nelson.

It's easy ... you take the picture, load it onto your computer, attach it to your comment, and ... thumbnails galore.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Does anyone know birds, and know what this is? I'm assuming that it's a female mallard, as it was with male mallards (below).

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Mountains today ...

You were right, they are mallards. Great pictures by the way.

Thanks. It's a new hobby ...

Does anyone know what this is? I did have a birding book a few years ago, but it was borrowed and never returned ... need to replace it.

Last edited:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Waxbill ... taken during lunch today

The male woodduck, one of my favourites

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Thank you for naming the waxwing. It's very cool taking up a new hobby ... exciting to come home and see what kind of shots I got, and then the challenge of learning their names. Much appreciated!

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Swainson Hawk ... early this morning

I don't know what this is yet ... also today

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Great Blue Heron taken today ... not happy with the quality of the photos I've been taking, so this afternoon I picked up the lens below. Hopefully that will help with clarity of image. If not, I'm quitting the hobby.

Is that the Canon 70-200L F2.8 or F4? Regardless, great lens. What Camera body do you have? I'm currently using a Canon 50D