Survivor

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Anyone here watch the show?

I don't watch much TV, other than sports, but this show has always been very entertaining.

This season is the 20th and is themed Hero vs Villains.

It has been interesting o far in that the villains are getting along and the hero's not so much.....I assumed the opposite.

That cute girl Sugar got voted off first and Stephanie the hot athletic girl went second.

Any thoughts on who may go next?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I just watch your avatar.

Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt..carry on.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
So far this shaping up to be a pretty cool season I think. I love the addition of "Redemption Island" and I'm sure it will be very entertaining. I'm rooting for Matt, who's on Redemption Island right now. I hope he picks everyone off one by one securing him an awesome argument for the final tribal council - if he can make it that far.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I can't say I would call Russel honest. But it should come down to who played the best game, I agree.
I don't so much mean honest, never tell a lie, honest. I mean he never told anyone he was there for any other reason than to win by any means possible.

Much like the 'Evil Dr Will' from big brother who repeatedly told everyone he would lie, cheat and backstab to win while on his way to winning.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I don't so much mean honest, never tell a lie, honest. I mean he never told anyone he was there for any other reason than to win by any means possible.

Much like the 'Evil Dr Will' from big brother who repeatedly told everyone he would lie, cheat and backstab to win while on his way to winning.

Just once I'd like to see someone win who played the most honest game possible. Someone who's personality is so strong, and well like at the same time, that they don't have to lie about the person they're voting for. How about an alphabetical list, like how buddy tried on season 1, season 2?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Just once I'd like to see someone win who played the most honest game possible. Someone who's personality is so strong, and well like at the same time, that they don't have to lie about the person they're voting for. How about an alphabetical list, like how buddy tried on season 1, season 2?

I think Tina from season 2 was the only one to accomplish that.

The alphabet guy was season 1.

Fallout

Mar 20, 2011
Legend in his own mind Russell crying like a little girl, and than trying to prop himself back up by picking two losers from the other tribe to play his "winning" card was hilarious.
His one dimensional jury alienating game play may be entertaining, but it really isn't all that bright - the scoreboard would back me on this.

Sorry to see Matt go.
Secret Agent Man isn't playing with a full deck, so it would seem.
Looking forward to seeing him call out Boston Rob.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Sorry to see Matt go.

Matt hasn't gone anywhere! He's kicking ass on Redemption Island and I hope he goes all the way!

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode, especially when they showed the other Christian girl, Krista, on Redemption Island together. They got to share their faith and that really seemed to boost Matt up whose been on Redemption Island for several days alone.

When Krista lost the challenge and gave her Bible to Matt, I thought it was just awesome! It's just what Matt needs to keep his faith strong and keeping winning!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Put any of these people out in the wilderness by themselves in a real life and death situation and they would probably all die. Survivor is not real surviving, it is just another us and them competition with no redeeming social value.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Put any of these people out in the wilderness by themselves in a real life and death situation and they would probably all die. Survivor is not real surviving, it is just another us and them competition with no redeeming social value.

I'm not claiming anything to the contrary. I just like the show. :)

Fallout

Mar 20, 2011
^ ^
Good to know that someone posting in The Survivor Thread actually watches the show.
Go Matt

As for folks bringing Jesus into these for profit scripted immoral media pretend reality presentations.
Seriously, do they really think that the real Christ cares about such superficial worldly stuff?

I recall a boxing reality show where a contestant was shown praying to Jesus to give him the strength for what added up to him being able to pound the crap out of another human being.

Anywho
Christ's take on praying for others to see you praying was pretty clear - Google it.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

I'd watch that. Imagine, real reality TV.

Fallout

Mar 20, 2011
Good to see Matt still standing.
All he has to do now is beat Black Eyes, and he's on to the merge.
I wish him well
As for Black Eyes - The way she fell for Russell brought back memories of the Charlie Manson Cult.

Prediction:
Secret Agent Man goes next

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Anyone here watch the show?

I don't watch much TV, other than sports, but this show has always been very entertaining.

This season is the 20th and is.....

20th? Really? I watches a couple of episodes in the first season (& none since), but
that sure doesn't feel like 20yrs ago or anything. How many seasons of this show
take place every year?