One of the most beautiful spots in the world

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What a great idea for an abandoned limestone quarry.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

one of the wonders of the world juan, it is so beautiful, and right in our back
yard.
haven't been there for some time, think we will go there next summer for sure,
there is no garden better, in this part of the world.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

I used to live close to that limestone quarry, back in my days in Brentwood Bay. Had a good spot for their fireworks too. I miss those days.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I don't think anyone expects how big it is. I believe it is something like 50 acres. It is easy to spend an hour......Have lunch at the restaurant.....Spend another hour. We haven't been there in a few years. We'll probably visit it again next Summer. The thing is, that it is great any time of the year.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I don't think anyone expects how big it is. I believe it is something like 50 acres. It is easy to spend an hour......Have lunch at the restaurant.....Spend another hour. We haven't been there in a few years. We'll probably visit it again next Summer. The thing is, that it is great any time of the year.

Haven't been there in over twenty years. Never think about it as we are usually too busy when in Vic. Does show what can be done to an eyesore when someone with a little creativity is let loose. If I remember correctly it was done without government money.
Other places, not quite so grand but cool are Milner Gardens and Cougar Annies homestead. Both worth a look.