Actor Karl Malden dies at 97

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I've applied to the Canadian Content Dead Celebrities Respect and Appreciation Board for a ruling, before I post any comments.

I need to know what the rating on him is, in case I upset someone, who then has to run to daddy to cry.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Karl Malden was a believable actor whatever part he played. He had a nose that rivaled Durante's but somehow his nose was never a factor. I liked the guy. I haven't seen him in anything new in twenty five years or so bu hey. I wish him well.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Great show and good actor.. Been off the air for so long and can't remember when was the last time I saw Karl in any production..

But yes LM we seem to be losing many in Hollywood lately.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O.........It was the NOSE.............

RIP there, noseguy.

Without that nose, he wudda been a nosebody.......:roll:

couldn't act for spit.

How's that for respect, Fawcett fans.

:cool:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
With all the frenzy over Michael Jackson a few great contributions to teh entertainment industry have almost been overlooked, like Karl Malden, who always worked in the shadow of the 'stars'. But this was really one of the great craftsmen of film thespians.. a quintessential character actor.

He was the foil, in role and reality, to the massive egos that proliferate in the marquee parts, but essentially defined and framed those roles. My favourites were as Father Barry in On the Waterfront, and as Omar Bradley in Patton.. both providing ethical, earthy and substantive anchors and counterweights to the Brandos and George C. Scotts of the industry.

RIP.

Last edited: