Ed McMahon, dead at 86

Walter
"Hi-ooooo." Thanks, Ed, and God speed.

lone wolf
Heeere's Ed. Rest in Peace

TenPenny
Gone off in search of Carson's humour. Good luck finding it - he stopped being funny 25 years ago.

Socrates the Greek

YouTube - Ed Mcmahon and Johnny Carson -Wiki Live Dead Pictures Of Ed

Enjoy a peaceful new life Ed, you were a great man, you made all of us laugh. We will miss you.

coldstream
I guess that's the way to go out, with your creditors baying at your heels, your mansion in foreclosure.. having dropped your last dime on high living and ex wives. But for all those millionaires he created at Publisher's Clearing House.. thanks for the memories.

RIP..

lone wolf
I'm still waiting for my millions. The entry said I didn't have to buy the books....

Socrates the Greek
Money money money money

#juan
I've never been able to figure out why Ed McMahon was on the Carson show. He contributed almost nothing. Mostly, he was there to make Johnny look good and be a one man laugh track for Johnny's jokes. I'm not going to mourn him as some kind of big star but I wish him well.

talloola
He had so many face lifts, didn't know how old he was any more, and not sure
how he stayed in the spotlight either, he had nothing going for him at all, but
seemed like a nice guy, but, you can't get out of this world alive, so long Ed.

lone wolf
I didn't know he was a Marine aviator.... Amazing what you find out when one goes from second banana to shooting star - if only for a moment....

Risus
Ed was just a 2 bit second fiddle.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I didn't know he was a Marine aviator.... Amazing what you find out when one goes from second banana to shooting star - if only for a moment....

Another that surprised me, too, was Kris Kristofferson. He's still live n kicking, though.

I liked Ed. He was a nice guy, unlike those brave types that deride the dead.