Americans are Not Stupid

darkbeaver

Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

CDNBear
All though this level of stupidity is inexcusable, I feel compelled to say...

I wonder how many people answered the questions correctly, that didn't make it to the final cut...

Ron in Regina
Oh...That was almost painful to watch. I wonder what percentage of
the people asked had to be edited out due to the fact that they where
well informed??? I'm assuming it was pretty high....

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Oh...That was almost painful to watch. I wonder what percentage of
the people asked had to be edited out due to the fact that they where
well informed??? I'm assuming it was pretty high....

I agree, though these types of vid's make me laugh, I always feel bad for the poor soul making a fool of themselves.

I'ld like to see one done around Toronto. I bet there would be gaff's a plenty. Just ask questions regarding Canadian history. That always gets the supposedly well educated...

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I agree, though these types of vid's make me laugh, I always feel bad for the poor soul making a fool of themselves.

I'ld like to see one done around Toronto. I bet there would be gaff's a plenty. Just ask questions regarding Canadian history. That always gets the supposedly well educated...

How 'bout just current events outside of the GTA, but still inside
Canada's borders? Many folks would have to be edited out due
to the fact that they're very well informed....but it would be interesting...

YukonJack
Anyone who thinks the same or similar questions (in appropriate context) asked of Canadians, or for that matter the snooty Brits, would have been any different, is dreaming. In technicolour.

With sufficient malice and expert editing one can make any and all people of the world look stupid.

It would probably require less malice and less editing to make the Brits look like the a$$holes of the world. Just look what they let their country become with unlimited immigration. What could be stupider than that?r
Last edited by YukonJack; May 19th, 2009 at 08:06 PM..

lone wolf
...then there are people who are just naturally gifted....

YukonJack
This is not even an original idea. The Brits, who have not produced anything worthwhile since the Beatles, had to copy the equally hateful and vitriolic garbage by Rick Mercer.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

This is not even an original idea. The Brits, who have not produced anything worthwhile since the Beatles, had to copy the equally hateful and vitriolic garbage by Rick Mercer.

If you are going to criticize it, perhaps it would help if you got your facts straight. CNNNN was Australian and a damn fine show. Far from copying Rick Mercer, they probably have never heard of him.
Last edited by Cannuck; May 19th, 2009 at 10:33 PM..

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

Not terribly clever but probably not the average Americans either.

lone wolf
Well ... there's the fellow I watched one blistering humid day struggling in his climate-controlled Cadillac to get into a snowmobile suit because he was in Canada ... or the guy who went into a ditch, spilling a 45 gallon drum of gasoline because he didn't think there were any gas stations north of "Tranna" ... or the guy stuck under a 3.2 metre bridge bashing away at his calculator keys hoping to find some space to free the 102 inch high trailer.... That's only three of 300 million though.

YukonJack
"Well ... there's the fellow I watched one blistering humid day struggling in his climate-controlled Cadillac to get into a snowmobile suit because he was in Canada ... or the guy who went into a ditch, spilling a 45 gallon drum of gasoline because he didn't think there were any gas stations north of "Tranna" ... or the guy stuck under a 3.2 metre bridge bashing away at his calculator keys hoping to find some space to free the 102 inch high trailer.... That's only three of 300 million though."

Typically "patriotic" Canadian (i.e. Anti-American), unsubstantiated urban legend nonsense.

Right along with the crap that American beer is in any way inferior to Canadian beer.

TenPenny

Right along with the crap that American beer is in any way inferior to Canadian beer.

You cannot possibly convince me that Budweiser or Coors is anywhere near as good as...oh, right, Labatts and Molson aren't Canadian anymore, and Bud and Coors are the brands they're pushing.

Pass me another Moosehead.

Sure, that clip is funny, but you could do the same thing anywhere in the world. There are plenty of knowledgeable Americans, plenty of stupid Canadians. Still, it's pretty funny seeing people who don't even know how many sides are on a triangle.

YukonJack
First of all, anyone who claim to be an expert on Canadian Beer, have you ever tasted the BEST Canadian Beer Brewing can offer? Namely products of the Half Pints Brewing Company of Winnipeg, Manitoba?

No, I did not think so!

Secondly, it is a lead pipe cinch that those who so cavalierly dismiss and denigrate any American beer, never tasted Rolling Rock or Samuel Adams. They measure up favourably to Moosehead, which is a permanent and favourite resident in my beer fridge. Along with Alexander Keith. But please, do not bother me with Molson.

And I still need to see date-stamped pictures showing American showing up in Canada with skis in July.

The garbage expressed in post #11 is - hopefully - just one on 35 million.

Cliffy
1960s, Montreal, saw skis on cars in July with my on eyes on several occasions but I have no pictures. One even asked me how to get to the nearest ski hill. But that was then ans this is now. I don't think it happens much anymore since Americans embraced Red Green.

karrie
These shows are ridiculous. Those people know the answers to the questions half the time too... what they don't have is the ability to spit out the info under pressure.

TenPenny

First of all, anyone who claim to be an expert on Canadian Beer, have you ever tasted the BEST Canadian Beer Brewing can offer? Namely products of the Half Pints Brewing Company of Winnipeg, Manitoba?

No, I did not think so!

Secondly, it is a lead pipe cinch that those who so cavalierly dismiss and denigrate any American beer, never tasted Rolling Rock or Samuel Adams. They measure up favourably to Moosehead, which is a permanent and favourite resident in my beer fridge. Along with Alexander Keith. But please, do not bother me with Molson.

And I still need to see date-stamped pictures showing American showing up in Canada with skis in July.

The garbage expressed in post #11 is - hopefully - just one on 35 million.

Sam Adams, that's okay.

But you can't beat a Yuengling.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

1960s, Montreal, saw skis on cars in July with my on eyes on several occasions but I have no pictures. One even asked me how to get to the nearest ski hill. But that was then ans this is now. I don't think it happens much anymore since Americans embraced Red Green.

nope, couldn't be. if you ask people like yukon, that's just you making up urban legends to denigrate americans.

On the plus side, since the advent of the internet, people have easy access to weather trend information, and we see less and less of that sort of thing. But, what we tended to see around here was people who were heading north to Alaska, and assuming they'd hit frozen tundra as they got close, rather than assuming Canada was all igloos.

YukonJack
"nope, couldn't be. if you ask people like yukon, that's just you making up urban legends to denigrate americans."

American can be just as cruel. One of their favourite is, especially in Florida: "What is the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?" A canoe tips.

lone wolf

"Well ... there's the fellow I watched one blistering humid day struggling in his climate-controlled Cadillac to get into a snowmobile suit because he was in Canada ... or the guy who went into a ditch, spilling a 45 gallon drum of gasoline because he didn't think there were any gas stations north of "Tranna" ... or the guy stuck under a 3.2 metre bridge bashing away at his calculator keys hoping to find some space to free the 102 inch high trailer.... That's only three of 300 million though."

Typically "patriotic" Canadian (i.e. Anti-American), unsubstantiated urban legend nonsense.

Just some stuff I've seen - the antics of tourists and the ill-informed. It happens on both sides on any border. If you see "Anti-American" in it, you must be one terribly hateful and bitter little person. There is a much broader world out there when one takes the grumpy ol' man blinders off. Amazing what one views with eyes open and mouth closed. Sorry they don't come with links for our other resident perfect person. Why don't you be like your other half and put me on Ignore?

"Garbage" indeed.... How do you manage to poop and speak from the same orifice?

brewmaster

I haven't had the pleasure of trying any Half Pints beers, but it seems they get some respect in the beer snob world (beeradvocate.com and ratebeer.com), but the general international consensus is that Quebec beers (Unibroue, McAuslan, Charlevoix, Dieu du Ciel, Biereopholie, to name a few breweries) are the best that Canada has to offer.

Molson, Labatt, Budweiser, etc. are all "box wines" in the beer world. Alexander Keith's and Moosehead are just as bad. Those beers give Canada a bad name. Keith's is particularly offensive for calling itself an India Pale Ale (IPA) when it doesn't have any resemblance to that style at all. If you want to try a real IPA: in Canada, try McAuslan's Pale Ale; in the northeast US, any IPA by Dog Fish Head brewery.

Sam Adams is good in a pinch, but not near the best of the US:
The Best Beers In The World By Country : RateBeer.com (external - login to view)

I've never tried Rolling Rock, but it looks like just a set of generic anheuser-busch beers that I'd try to avoid.

As for the US vs. Canada in terms of beer, the US takes it hands down. They have the best and the worst in the world. Sure, Canada's swill might be arguably better than US swill -- but who cares about swill?

L Gilbert
lol That's just funny. Most American's idea of beer = pale yellow, bubbly liquid like Budweiser, Miller's draft, or Coor's Light.
Most Canadian's idea of beer = pale yellow, bubbly liquid like Kokanee, Labatt's genuine draft, or Molson's Canadian.
I'll pass on all of the above as I think there are some good breweries around in both countries. You just have to find them.
Beaver's just trolling by posting this thread.

darkbeaver
I can provide affidavids attesting to dumb yanky tourists rolling onto car ferries on thier way to PEI with parkas on and skis on thier roofracks, in July. I also personally sold them sculpins for two bucks a piece from the same wharf.

L Gilbert
Good for you, I am sure that there are stories about dumb Canucks doing odd things in Yankeeland, too.

Unforgiven
Well, not like the one's posting here are the cream of the crop either. Weren't the majority of them in the clip speaking with a Southern accent?

I think I would like to take my camera down to Bay and King to ask people questions and see what we get. Of course it's not as accurate as you might think, as you have to consider how many people in Toronto are Canadian.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Good for you, I am sure that there are stories about dumb Canucks doing odd things in Yankeeland, too.

Bad for everyone Lester and thier test scores attest to the accuracy of the clip, they are the dumbest mofos on the planet, they don't even have the brains to run thier own country.