Anyone see the new Wolverine Movie?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Pretty crazy movie, i liked it alot they made sabertooth really badass... What i didnt like too much about the movie though, was how they called weapon 11 deadpool... Wade = deadpool

But i read up on it an THey just pooled all the other powers into deadpools body.. Though in the comics Wade Wilson got the deadpool name another way

All in all though really good movie, anyone else seen it?

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Haven't seen it yet, will probably go on Friday. The hubby is a fan of the comics, I am a fan of Hugh!!! :lol:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Saw it. SabreTooth moved really well, as did Wolvie. Gambit was actually not offensive to me (I'm very much a silver age guy) and his powers were handled really well.

DeadPool- well, he's a Liefeld character, pretty much just spiderman with guns (when he first came out I thought he was supposed to be a Spider-clone of some type going solely on his appearance) I never cared about him in the comics, but he was pretty damn cool in the film... UNTIL they did that ridiculous crap to him at the end. In the comics, he was part of the weapon X project- but he joined cos he had terminal cancer, which the "super serum" fixed up- I think it might have slightly enhanced his natural abilities, but that monstrousity at the end of the film was utterly ridiculous- they managed to take a character I didn't care one way or another about and somehow make me feel sorry for what happened to him.

Decent flick, much better than X3, but probably not great for really casual fans I wouldn't imagine :D

Free your mind

Electoral Member
Apr 14, 2009
You can watch most movies for free here including the wolverine one

Moderator's Edit: Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Free your mind

Electoral Member
Apr 14, 2009
At 35:40 in the movie the ragdoll figure, has not had the rendering to fit wolverine's character, such defects in films makes them tacky.
shame cool film otherwise

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
That is a BAD rough cut of the film, not meant to be seen in that form but leaked online- probably by someone who thought the Deadpool travesty was enough to make the film unworthy of release.

The soundtrack in the leaked copy was actually a dummy soundtrack from that awful "transformers" film (which is interesting, I didn't know when I saw it and only found out later- funny how totally interchangeable most modern movie music is when you don't realize it's the "wrong" soundtrack and it still works just fine)

The proper, finished version will actually have all the effects, all the wires edited out properly, the "real" soundtrack AND something like 17 minutes more footage

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
That is a BAD rough cut of the film, not meant to be seen in that form but leaked online- probably by someone who thought the Deadpool travesty was enough to make the film unworthy of release.

The soundtrack in the leaked copy was actually a dummy soundtrack from that awful "transformers" film (which is interesting, I didn't know when I saw it and only found out later- funny how totally interchangeable most modern movie music is when you don't realize it's the "wrong" soundtrack and it still works just fine)

The proper, finished version will actually have all the effects, all the wires edited out properly, the "real" soundtrack AND something like 17 minutes more footage

Which is the reason I deleted the link. Can't have any legal liabilities for the site.;-)

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Oh not complaining at all, glad it's gone- funny thing, I am WAY more interested in the film after seeing the unfinished version. I just want to see what got fixed/changed and how much difference it makes