Brave woman

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Exclusive: Carrie Prejean Says 'God Was Testing My Faith' With Gay Marriage Question

Monday, April 20, 2009

Miss California Carrie Prejean made her controversial comments on Sunday night's show.
Carrie Prejean is the most famous runner-up in Miss USA history.
In an exclusive interview with FOXNews.com's Courtney Friel, Miss California says her phone has been ringing off the hook with people offering her support after she took on a question about gay marriage on Sunday night's Miss USA telecast.
"I have no regrets about answering [judge Perez Hilton] honestly," she said in one of her first interviews following the show, where she answered that she was against gay marriage becoming legal in California. "He asked me for my opinion and I gave it to him. I have nothing against gay people and I didn't mean to offend anyone in my answer."

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
While I do not agree with her, I do respect her in the fact that she was not derogatory towards them nor wishing them ill-will. At least she was honest about her feelings, something that not a lot of people can lay claim to.

It is a shame that Perez Hilton couldn't have handled it better rather than spout all the nasty vitoral about her on his webpage.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
While I may disagree with her ( I really don't care who is allowed to marry who), I admire the fact that she said it was her opinion.

Never ask someone for their opinion if you're not prepared to hear the answer. Even in the modern day US, you're still allowed to think what you want.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Good for her. She's absolutely right, the deformation of marriage into an absurdity as a civil institution is utterly corrosive to any society. It's effect on our own nation and that of the rest of West has yet to be fully realized, but it will be completely unexpected, disassembling and very unpleasant.

Normally questions that involve deeply held religious beliefs are not proffered in beauty pageants. But it is a characteristic of the homosexual character that it respects no boundaries or beliefs. So it all speaks more of that fatuous little idiot Perez Hilton, and of the homosexual agenda, than it does of Miss Prejean. She's a beautiful, principled and intelligent woman, who would have been a credit to the title she aspired to.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Good for her. She's absolutely right, the deformation of marriage into an absurdity in the civil institution of marriage is utterly corrosive to any society. It's effect on our own nation and that of the rest of West has yet to be fully realized, but it will be completely unexpected, disassembling and very unpleasant.

Ok..... how?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I don't know how anybody could look at her, and then want sex with a man....no matter what their gender.... :) Wow.

Damn, I'm so shallow. (sob)

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Ok..... how?

The loss of structural integrity of a society, of which marriage is a fundamental component, is so wide and all encompassing that it is almost impossible to say what won't be effected.

The economy and our judicial system are already hopelessly compromised, increasingly our culture will be inundated with pessimism, confusion, division. Its character will become one of directionless moral relativism and radical individualism. It is that which destroys civilizations.

We are already seeing the the scythe of population collapse in West. That has not been seen, apart from transient and localized plagues, famines and wars, since the fall of the Roman Empire, which brought on the Dark Ages.. and that lasted centuries.

Beyond that, gerryh, you'll have to use your own imagination. :smile:

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The loss of structural integrity of a society, of which marriage is a fundamental component, is so wide and all encompassing that it is almost impossible to say what won't be effected. The economy and our judicial system are already hopelessly compromised, increasingly our culture will be inundated with pessimism, confusion, divivision. It is the thing that civilizational collapses are composed of.

Beyond that, gerryh, you'll have to use your own imagination.

In other words, it's bad, trust me, but I can't really say how.

exactley TP....fear mongering aimed at those with limited mental capacity.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Good for her. She's absolutely right, the deformation of marriage into an absurdity as a civil institution is utterly corrosive to any society. It's effect on our own nation and that of the rest of West has yet to be fully realized, but it will be completely unexpected, disassembling and very unpleasant.

You have that bass ackwards. The "deformation of marriage" is is an effect. It isn't a cause.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
You have that bass ackwards. The "deformation of marriage" is is an effect. It isn't a cause.

Yeah, i agree with that. We'd never had considered it (homosexual 'marriage') if we hadn't lost our common sense and moral compass in the first place. But it's also an accelerant of a gathering cataclysm.

Of course, i might be wrong.. but i don't think so. :smile:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I agree with her completely. I don't like the term "married" for two people of the same gender. That is not knocking their relationship. I just firmly believe that the term married means a man and a woman. I got flak for my beliefs on canada.com but regardless - I still feel the same way and I'm sure there is nothing that will change my mind on that.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I agree that she was brave in answering a controversial question honestly. I do however disagree with her.

I don't really understand why this has to be such a controversial issue. Why do heterosexual people get more rights than homosexual? Also why do some heterosexual people think that they deserve these rights and homosexual people don't?

It just comes across to me that like we are taking a step backwards here. Modern segregation. If you are not like us, don't think like us than you can't have what we have.

I am not gay but if I were I would want the ability to choose if I wanted to get married.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Until a gay couple can figure out a way that one can impregnate the other, it will never truly be equal. Where's the threat?

That can be done Susie takes her DNA, fuses it (similar to cloning) into a gene whiped sperm, and puts in in Julies egg.

Now Susie and Julie have a baby. We may not be able to do that reliably now, but soon.

On that note, Men will soon be extinct.