What Is the World Coming to? Mistresses Affected by the Economic Downturn.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The economic downturn is sparing nobody. I read this article about mistresses in Globe and Mail. Now, mistress here does not mean a dominatrix (though I assume their business must have suffered as well), but a kept women (or a kept man, in these politically correct times).

Anyway, many rich multimillionaires are cutting the allowance to their mistresses. The survey talked to 518 multimillionaires. All were worth at least $20-million (U.S.), owned a private jet and had a spouse. Of those, 191 admitted to having kept someone on the side for more than a year. Two-thirds were men and one-third were women.

"Twelve per cent of the 191 said they dropped these people completely for financial reasons," president Russ Prince said.

But here they found a big difference between men and women. While 81 % of men said that they are cutting the allowance to their mistresses, 54 % of women said they were increasing the allowance to their mistresses (incidentally, what the male version of mistress? A gigolo?).

"I'm finding it's much better to be kept by women than men," Mr. Prince said.

globeandmail.com: Mistress fund

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Might be time for a Mistress Bailout.

Maybe the government can bail them out. In the case of City bank and AIG it involved giving them money and nationalizing part of their services.

Perhaps the same could be done with mistresses, nationalize them. If the government own them, the whole nation could take advantage of their services.