Good for a laugh

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
(Or at least I thought it was good for a laugh).

I actually paid attention to BCTV's version of the news today for the first time in weeks. When did they start making the cymbal sound between news articles? At first I thought I was hearing things but the sound continued. It reminded me of the little antic drummers do between the one-liners of comedians. Like BCTV is basically going "TA DA" between articles. What's next? Perhaps doing a little song n dance after? Asking for tips?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
What's next? Perhaps doing a little song n dance after? Asking for tips?

Animated news casters? Some people will watch anything if it's done with cartoons. They could maybe boost their 3-10 year old demographic. Anyway, I prefer not to call it news anymore since it's all just opinion and propaganda now.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Our newscasts are more of the infotainment variety with tips on dieting,etc.All of our hard news comes from the Network itself,so I just watch the 15 mins. of that and switch over to some show on Showcase or Bravo.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Animated news casters? Some people will watch anything if it's done with cartoons. They could maybe boost their 3-10 year old demographic. Anyway, I prefer not to call it news anymore since it's all just opinion and propaganda now.
Or something like that news show where topless ladies deliver the news. Can't remember the name, but it's probably a Brit news service.
Anyway, yes, as I said, "BCTV's version of the news".lol

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Anyway, I prefer not to call it news anymore since it's all just opinion and propaganda now.

Isn't that the truth. It's become pathetic.

Our newscasts are more of the infotainment variety with tips on dieting,etc

It's so sad...maybe the profit should be removed from news?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Our newscasts are more of the infotainment variety with tips on dieting,etc.All of our hard news comes from the Network itself,so I just watch the 15 mins. of that and switch over to some show on Showcase or Bravo.
By a larg3e margin, I get my local news from the radio and other news from independent sources on the net.
Showcase and Bravo annoy me with the moronic habit of repeating the violence/coarse language/nudity warning every ad break. As a result of those aand ads themselves, I'd sooner go mess around in my veggie garden or read than watch tv.