New Canadian Super Group - Crash Karma:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

(Edited) Poop, that's not the right link..... I'll update later when I can get to facebook.

New Canadian Rock Group, Crash Karma is in the making, with vocals: Edwin (I Mother Earth/Edwin Solo), Drums: Jeff Burrows (The Tea Party), Guitarist: Mike Turner (Our Lady Peace) and Bassist: Amir Epstein (Zygote)

I've been following the formation for the last couple of months and things seem to be coming to a reality. More information is on the way and I will post when it does, but with this selection of great musicians from some of the biggest bands in Canadian Music, I'm sure it'll be pretty impressive.

From Edwin's Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_(musician)

..... In December 2006, Edwin anounced that he, Mike Turner (Our Lady Peace) and Jeff Burrows (Tea Party) planned to record an album together. The band, named Crash Karma, is rounded out by former Zygote bassist and lead singer Amir Epstein. Crash Karma is currently finishing its debut album, produced by Turner and expected in 2009.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
They can't be that great, I've never heard of them....

Oh because you never heard of them, they can't be great?

You never heard of I Mother Earth?

You never heard of Our Lady Peace?

The Tea Party?

Zygote??

Did you ever listen to any Canadian Rock during the 90's or early 2000's? Or any rock in general during that time?

Here are some samples you may have heard through the years but may have never linked it all up:

The Tea Party: (Temptation)
YouTube - The Tea Party - Temptation

I Mother Earth: (One More Astronaut)
YouTube - One More Astronaut

Edwin Solo: (Hang Ten)
YouTube - Edwin - Hang Ten

Our Lady Peace: (Automatic Flowers)
YouTube - Our Lady Peace - Automatic Flowers

Zygote: (Hastings)
YouTube - Zygote - Hastings

^ Pretty Difficult to find much on them. I've heard plenty about them, but I never seen music videos or heard many singles by them personally. But this song sound pretty good.

^ The rest of the above you should have at least heard once or twice in your lifetime... if you actually ever follow any alternative rock, etc. during that time. They're as I understand it, the most common songs I hear people bring up when they hear those bands.

They were like the only bands Canada had representing them on the Rock scene during most of the 90's and early 2000's.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Oh and the main reason why I popped back in here was a ChartAttack Snippet:

Edwin/Tea Party/OLP Band Is For Real
Edwin/Tea Party/OLP Band Is For Real | CHARTattack

Edwin will play his final Toronto solo show on Feb. 25 before Crash Karma, the new band he's in with former Our Lady Peace guitarist Mike Turner and ex-Tea Party drummer Jeff Burrows, release their debut album.

The former I Mother Earth singer will play his last show at the Duncan Street location of Toronto's Grace O'Malley's pub. Tickets are $10 and available at the bar. Special guests will apparently be announced later. Edwin is no stranger to bars, as he's a bartender at Toronto's Tattoo Rock Parlour.

Crash Karma are putting the finishing touches on their debut album.

The arrival of the new band will mark 10 years since Edwin's Another Spin Around The Sun solo album went platinum in Canada. The Tea Party's Triptych record went double-platinum and Turner's last album with OLP — Spiritual Machines — also came out that year.

No other information is available about Crash Karma's debut, but we'll be sure to let you know when we find out more. We know you're just itching for the deets.

Long live '90s Can-rock!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
RESURECTION!!!

Figured I'd drag this thread back up, but for a reason.

I never did get back into this thread to tell everybody that Crash Karma's ablum was released..... mainly due to being banned for a period of time :p

Crash Karma (www.crashkarma.com)

^ Site.... with their debute music video and single available to watch, plus further information on the band/members. The single can be found in the Videos section and it is called "Fight"

The sound quality on the YouTube video link isn't as good as what you'd hear on the album of course. A bit compressed.

They were also over in Afghanistan not too long ago to perform and interact with our troops. Videos and photos can also be found on the site.

Enjoy.

Added:

Here's a higher quality version:

^ Sound's about the same quality as their linked video, but perhaps that has to due with the laptop I'm on.