Canadian Idol Fans Watching American Idol (Canadian Idol Fans Watching)

SleepinIn
Sort of wish I spoke Israeli... lol But that's very cool.

And I agree with you missaddicted that they don't seem to trust in the talents of their artists -- I don't think that it's solely 19 or the record labels and the Idols either. I think it's in general. Record labels just don't trust their talent to make the right decisions.

Re the re-worked Truth. I don't think they're trying to kill Kris's carreer. I actually think that they are trying to get the song played. I wish they had kept Kris singing the best part of the song, but I still think it has hit potential. But why when you have an artist like Kris who excells at rearranging songs to suit him, would you throw Pat Monahan into the song willy nilly (and give him the BEST part)? If they wanted Pat in the song.. why not take a day and throw them in the studio together to work something else out?

yeah the lack of MTV/TRL etc. removes a platform that was really valuable. Even MOD is like the last remaining scrap of music programming on Much Music. It used to play music all day, or music programming, now it plays Gossip Girl. They really play very few videos and if they have guests in studio aside from MOD they squeeze them in during the commericals of Gossip Girl. It's ridiculous.

The Script wrote LLWD???!?!?!?!?!? OMG!!!

ross 1

YouTube - Live Like Were Dying by Fez amp Flow Mane

ross 1
That might give you a few laughs, anyhow. Wordy song, isn't it??

ross 1
I still like Andrew and am interested in him. It was clear he knows who he is, which I don't feel about Tim, for example. The clips Slezak showed were mostly good (to me, anyway). The thing is, he should have been more aware that he wasn't doing everything he could have done. He didn't try to improve his performance skills. He doesn't seem to care very much, he's just happy with things as they are. Indicating to me he doesn't have the ninja quality, the killer instinct, whatever. So be it. Too bad, because he has talent and I think he has an artist's personality.

(Maybe it's his mother having been a gang banger!! So he hates competition. lol)

Anyhow...seems a lot of posts (including mine) were deleted on TWoP. About album sales. I thought I had a good point. Kris's album sales numbers are always quoted in the official press releases for him, so Jive or 19 couldn't be too ashamed of them. There was a lot of talk of the album being a flop, but it has similar sales to a lot of albums by much more famous artists, actually. As someone else pointed out, if a successful album is one that sells millions, then nobody from season 8 has one.
Last edited by ross 1; Apr 25th, 2010 at 02:09 PM..

SleepinIn
Tongue twister, LLWD - lol

I find Andrew frustrating. He has such a beautiful voice but he needs more than that, the ninja skills are missing. His arrangements never interested me aside from Straight Up and his song choices were lacking. Plus the AI band kinda sucks. These AI people need the CI band. I'd take Orin Isaacs over Ricky Minor any day. Bandzilla has ruined many a song.

I watched Tim on the Dream house (they ate burgers remember ) -- they also jammed after dinner and Tim played some of his original songs. It was actually a pretty good song. This is Tim singing and jamming with Alex, Justin and Ben -- who've all never heard the song before. It's not the greatest song in the history of the world, but there is something to it. I liked it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

SleepinIn
ross 1
'American Idol': Katie Stevens visits 'Idolatry,' dishes pitch problems, Adam Lambert comparisons, and...Dancersox? | EW.com

I may listen to that song later. I can't seem to convince anyone I hate Tim Urban, even though I've been saying it for weeks. Adding Ben probably won't seal the deal, to me. Haha.

Anyone else think Alex has some delusions of grandeur, or am I just imagining it?

ross 1
The Truth, impacting Hot AC May 3rd.

Well, at least it's a song everyone just loves. Great job, Jive.

SleepinIn
Quote:

I may listen to that song later. I can't seem to convince anyone I hate Tim Urban, even though I've been saying it for weeks. Adding Ben probably won't seal the deal, to me. Haha.

LOL. Give in to the Tim.

Quote:

Anyone else think Alex has some delusions of grandeur, or am I just imagining it?

You are not imagining it. LOL - Alex is crazy annoying.

ross 1
You notice they say LLWD is a multi-format hit, and yet TT is impacting Hot AC (only)? (For the present, anyway.) I've suspected they're going to try something, now see if I'm right. Probably not. But. I think they may do something labels have been doing lately -- market one song to HAC and a different one to Pop. Stagger them, a bit. Maybe another song will be coming out in June or July.

SleepinIn
Maybe so.

Record labels are frustrating. I hope this works, I like the song I just wish Kris was singing my favourite part. I like the Multiformat platinum plus hit part.

Lizze posted the Boys of Summer from sidestage.

YouTube - quotBoys of Summerquot Keith Urban amp Kris Allen LIVE in Vegas

ross 1
I don't want Kris to have to sing TT on the finale (actually I hope he's there at all).

For people who don't watch Kris on YouTube (i. e., most people), and people who watch AI but don't listen to radio and know nothing about LLWD (i. e., more people than you'd suppose), this sappy song that doesn't suit his vocal abilities all that well will be his one chance to make a big impact as a performer, on TV this season. That's a shame, to me. Really. It may be a huge hit (I don't see how, but who knows?), but it will not showcase the Kris people should be dying to buy concert tickets to see this summer.

I can't even picture him singing The Truth on the finale. Not seeing it.

Did I ever tell you how so many people on the boards have said they had dreams that AWM was the next single? One person had a dream they saw the title on the cover of Billboard and it was the #1 song in the country. Someone on MJ's had a dream that Kara, Ellen, Randy, and even Simon (now that is a fanstasy) were rocking out to it when Kris performed it on the finale. Even I had a weird experience. I was thinking about, and hoping, Jive would announce Alright With Me as the next single, and just as I was thinking it, someone at work said the words "It's all right with me," to me. Strange, no?
Last edited by ross 1; Apr 25th, 2010 at 02:58 PM..

ross 1
Quote:

Give in to the Tim.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!!
Okay, maybe slightly.

ross 1
So was LLWD introduced on Hot AC or on Pop?

Where did you get that promo card, btw?

SleepinIn
I love AWM but I love the Truth too and I think TT will be a big hit. While I wanted the original version I think that there really is an emotional core to the song that Kris can really emote. And the more that it's heard on the radio the more that people will connect to it.

Pat won't be following Kris around so it's really only the radio single version that's going to lack Kris singing my favourite part. If people like the single version it may make them also buy the album version.. which is also good.

Quote:

So was LLWD introduced on Hot AC or on Pop?

Where did you get that promo card, btw?

I think both right? he premiered it on Z100 which is pop, and then on HAC.

Promo card was krinjad

SleepinIn
You know, it's not going for ads (yet) on pop but that doesn't mean Pop won't add it. Train is #3 right now on pop and Kris even in recurrent status is still top 25 in songs played on pop radio.

Train is also #2 and Kris is #5 on HAC.

I think it's going to do really well somehow. I Believe.

YouTube - Vancouver Olympics 2010 I Believe - Nikki Yanofsky

ross 1
"When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will."

--Abraham Lincoln.

Actually, it wasn't really said by Lincoln. It was made up by the writer-director of the movie, Pollyanna (1960), and attributed to Lincoln. Maybe it was said by Louis Reale. Or Jacob Hoggard, in a weak moment.

I don't know what it has to do with anything. I just thought I'd throw it in here, since we're being so inspirational.

Maybe I should also put up Jordin's version of You'll Never Walk Alone. . . . Nope.
Last edited by ross 1; Apr 25th, 2010 at 04:32 PM..Reason: Because if this is Kris Allen's next single, I want to get smaller and smaller until I just disappear...

ross 1
Quote:

You know, it's not going for ads (yet) on pop but that doesn't mean Pop won't add it. Train is #3 right now on pop and Kris even in recurrent status is still top 25 in songs played on pop radio.

Hm. Maybe that's because Hey Soul Sister and LLWD aren't sappy pieces of drek, though.

ross 1
I'm with you, though, SleepinIn. I'm not whole heartedly with the song, and obviously you aren't. (I don't really like the song, you don't like this version.) Which is a flipping shame. Because if all was fair, we should be all celebratory and shouting wooot! from the rooftops.

But I'm with you, I'm optimistic. I just hope they don't follow a pattern and release WAOMF next. (See, I have no doubt there'll be a "next.") I think the song will do well, possibly, and if not, I feel Jive will do something to rectify that. Release something else, whatever. I base my feelings on my observations of how Kris has done so far, and how Jive has done.

If they're going to do any tweaking, I wish they'd soften the chorus part (is it the chorus I mean? I'm not musical, really), and I wish they'd do something about the Pat Monahan solo, so that Kris gets to sing there. But they probably won't.

Do you think Kris likes this?

(Remember he said he'd tweet the name of the next single. That should be fairly soon.)

I read today that Jive changed Archie's second single at the last minute after negative feedback to the first choice (the first choice became single #3. A lot of people don't realize there was one). The second single still didn't do well -- #68 on Billboard -- but better than the third -- #108.
Last edited by ross 1; Apr 25th, 2010 at 04:45 PM..

SleepinIn
The Archie situation makes me feel that they are going to go ahead with this version. Argh.

I don't know if Kris likes it or not. My thoughts are that he would prefer AWM, but that's me projecting my feelings onto him. There are always compromises with record labels, and you never know what's happening behind the scenes.

I do think that Jive was probably really surprised by the reaction to the Truth 2.0. Especially considering the lack of activity on Kris's official site prior to their announcement. I mean there are over 500 comments on the song.

ross 1
Quote:

The Archie situation makes me feel that they are going to go ahead with this version. Argh.

Yeah, but the fans were right. The single they wanted did better than the one Jive wanted.

But anyhow, let's not lose heart over it.

I've just been reading over at the blog. I hate the poster who has the word "gangreen" in their name, followed by some numbers, whatever they are.

ross 1
Quote:

I do think that Jive was probably really surprised by the reaction to the Truth 2.0. Especially considering the lack of activity on Kris's official site prior to their announcement. I mean there are over 500 comments on the song.

They should have asked people's opinions on other things before this, I guess!

missaddicted is right. The labels have no faith in the songwriting abilities of their Idol artists (yet who knows better what suits them, than the arists themselves?). It doesn't even matter how good they are. Of course, Jive probably started setting up their plans the moment Kris won -- it's possible they already intended to sign him before that. Long before he co-wrote any songs, and long before he recorded anything. They were probably buying songs even then. If they weren't already lying around. Ha. The songs, I mean.

But when they come across a singer-songwriter who as real skills, to seemingly ignore those skills where radio is concerned...that's so conservative.

What I don't like about this song is that it isn't really a Kris song (somehow, LLWD was -- even though it wasn't. It was not a song Kris would write, but one he would like). I've never been eager to listen to him sing it. Even live. And that's really odd. I literally love listening to anything he does live.

The thing I find bad about the song is that the chorus never seems like it has anything to do with the verse. It's like it's a whole different song, all of a sudden. There's no flow. Musically. Emotionally. It doesn't build. It's just Kris singing in a somewhat overwrought way, about something or other, love, or whatever -- elephants -- then, suddenly, there is this unexpected chorus where he's singing really loud, like he's hysterical, out of nowhere. It's such a bad transition.

It's not his style, at all.

Whatever.
Last edited by ross 1; Apr 25th, 2010 at 05:24 PM..

SleepinIn
Lizze is throwing out distractions. LOL

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvNUrqxgZ8js

YouTube - Gorilla Trek in Rwanda Part 2

missaddicted
UGH!

I hate you Jive.

About the date: From what I understand, songs have different impact dates on HAC and on Pop radio. So, maybe that's why only the HAC impact date was written on the promo card. But then, why didn't they also write the Pop impact date? I hope there's one.

About Archie: ross, where did you read about Archie's third single? I was pretty sure that there was only one song released after Crush, and it was A Little Too Not Over You. Was it the "fan" or the "label" choice? He performed Touch My Hand on AI, but that song was never released as a single.

Quote:

For people who don't watch Kris on YouTube (i. e., most people), and people who watch AI but don't listen to radio and know nothing about LLWD (i. e., more people than you'd suppose), this sappy song that doesn't suit his vocal abilities all that well will be his one chance to make a big impact as a performer, on TV this season. That's a shame, to me. Really. It may be a huge hit (I don't see how, but who knows?), but it will not showcase the Kris people should be dying to buy concert tickets to see this summer.

I agree 100% with that.

Quote:

The thing I find bad about the song is that the chorus never seems like it has anything to do with the verse. It's like it's a whole different song, all of a sudden. There's no flow. Musically. Emotionally. It doesn't build. It's just Kris singing in a somewhat overwrought way, about something or other, love, or whatever -- elephants -- then, suddenly, there is this unexpected chorus where he's singing really loud, like he's hysterical, out of nowhere. It's such a bad transition.

And with this as well.

I hope you're right SleepinIn, but call me pessimistic, I don't think "hit" when I think of The Truth. It's honestly the feeling that I have. Not a hit like LLWD anyway. I hope I'm wrong for Kris's sake.

SleepinIn
Quote:

I hope you're right SleepinIn, but call me pessimistic, I don't think "hit" when I think of The Truth. It's honestly the feeling that I have. Not a hit like LLWD anyway. I hope I'm wrong for Kris's sake.

I hope I'm right too. But, you never really know how these things will work out.

Music you think will be huge never sees the light of day and music, that you hate (I don't hate TT) is all over the place. There are so many variables to any songs release.

Missaddicted from Druiddude (from glee)

@druidDUDE
hanson still rocks. respect.

ross 1
That's cool -- who's Druiddude?

missaddicted
Quote:

Druiddude (from glee)

Which one is he? I don't follow the people from Glee!

The thing about the music I "hate" that's on the radio right now is that it's the kind of heart-less, stupid dance songs about getting drunk or whatever with repetitive beats that drive you crazy. The Truth should in fact be right in the wheelhouse of music that I like. Except that I don't like it. But it has nothing to do with it's genre, it's just that I think the song has several faults (like over-production, weird transitions, Kris's voice which I honestly don't think sounds good on it, un-original arrangement, etc) that just bother me to no end. I should in theory like it. It kind of sounds like some Coldplay songs when you think about it. I just don't like the execution. The lyrics are the only positive point that I see in that song.

ross 1
A few sites call Touch My Hand David's third single.

"Touch My Hand" Is David Archuleta’s Third Single Music Input

There's a video for it, also.

David Archuleta ‘Touch My Hand’ Video | popdirt.com

But -- maybe not. lol

I don't get it. I guess it wasn't an official third single. You know way more than me about this stuff, missaddicted, so I'm sure you're right.

ross 1
The Truth...

I don't like the lyrics. In fact, I like the music better than the lyrics.

The title of the song is going to be used in every review, of course. As in, "The Truth about Kris Allen's Second Single." Write the headlines yourselves. (I'm not saying they'll be bad reviews. Good or bad, they'll use the title.)

I can't actually figure out why I don't like the song, other than that abrupt transition that I guess is supposed to sound exciting -- where Kris and the band come crashing in. Other than that, it just leaves me pretty cold. And I think it's so sappy compared to what Kris is all about.

Of course, it's been in my head all day. So I guess it's catchy. I just think it's crap.

missaddicted
Quote:

I don't get it. I guess it wasn't an official third single. You know way more than me about this stuff, missaddicted, so I'm sure you're right.

Seems you're right actually. I guess they just didn't really push it on the radio. But he performed it on AI. I actually like Touch My Hand better than A Little Too Not Over You and I had the impression the fans were not happy about ALTNOY being released as a single. Oh, well, whatever, it's in the past now.