Canadian Idol Fans Watching American Idol (Canadian Idol Fans Watching)

missaddicted
We can think whatever we want about him, but Adam is good at diverting the attention. About his tour:

Quote:

I think its probably going to be springtime. Ive started talking to management about putting something together. I think its not going to be a standard arena tour. I think were going to do something a little different. My big goal is I want to create a show. I want to do something thats very visually dynamic, and is a little more interactive feeling than your typical arena tour. So were looking at venues that are probably going to be a little smaller and a little more intimate.

There's no way, with the state of his actual sales that he would've been able to do an arena tour anyway. Or he would've had to pay a lot from his own pocket. His justification for doing something intimate probably sounds way more interesting than admitting that planning an arena tour would be incredibly risky at this point.

ross 1
Quote:

”I think it’s probably going to be springtime. I’ve started talking to management about putting something together. I think it’s not going to be a standard arena tour. I think we’re going to do something a little different. My big goal is I want to create a show. I want to do something that’s very visually dynamic, and is a little more interactive feeling than your typical arena tour. So we’re looking at venues that are probably going to be a little smaller and a little more intimate.”

Adam is really good at slinging it, isn't he? I don't think I'd buy a used car from him.

I guess Kris and I like pickles. Seems like we'll just have to meet you two later, after we go to Chik-Fil-A together. I'll let you guys know all about it.

Kris sounded really good in that Letterman performance, and so did the band. They rocked the sweaters. People at work tell me that old-lady-Christmas-sweater parties are all the rage now (with people younger than me).

ross 1
http://topidol.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/kris-allen-band-and-ugly-xmas-sweaters-on-david-letterman/

Please read the comments under this article. They are hilarious!! They're a must.

SleepinIn
Quote:

I'll let you guys know all about it.

You make sure you do that. Lmao.

Quote:

Christmas-sweater parties are all the rage now

Oh, they are. Kris and the gang were very hip and happening last night. Some of the comments about the sweaters cracked me up completely. Especially from the people who weren't sure about Kris's fashion sense. lol

YouTube - How Kris Allen Chose His Single

YouTube - Kris Allen Talks About His Album

YouTube - Kris Allen Talks About Adam Lambert

YouTube - Its Not Too Late to Vote for Your Town

SleepinIn
Oh they soundchecked the Truth and BWCU today.. eee.. will we get new songs?

http://cbsrclt.cbsradio.com/global/v...inment&h1=Kris Allan with Otis before Kissmas 2009!&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

ross 1
Thanks SleepinIn for hunting down great clips -- as usual!

ross 1

ross 1
The last time Kris was in Charlotte:

YouTube - Kris Allen talks about making an album on the road

YouTube - Kris Allens World of Coke disappointment

SleepinIn
lol - I was wondering why you posted that Adam picture. lmao.

Then I noticed the flies. Oh Dear. Yeah not an outfit for the ages really, was it? Kind of an odd choice.

Oh, I remember the coke video but I never saw the other one.. Nice.

ross 1
Quote:

Yeah not an outfit for the ages really, was it? Kind of an odd choice.

LOL. That picture was from VFTW.

So it seems Kris and band are supposed to be playing The Truth in Charlotte. I don't know why the song doesn't do much for me, but maybe the live performance will change my mind (if someone manages to get good video).

missaddicted
LOL at the flies picture! And the Top Idol comments!

Quote:

So it seems Kris and band are supposed to be playing The Truth in Charlotte. I don't know why the song doesn't do much for me, but maybe the live performance will change my mind (if someone manages to get good video).

Yeah, I hope I like the live version better than he album version too.

SleepinIn
Oh, you doubters. The Truth is awesome. You will see..

missaddicted
Quote:

Oh, you doubters. The Truth is awesome. You will see..

Ha! I admit it will take a lot to make me like it. I'm not feeling it at all right now...

missaddicted
Just saw The Truth live from MJ's. It's okay. I just don't think it showcases Kris's voice really well. He has to try to sing really loud, over the instruments, and it doesn't really allow him to do the more subtle things I enjoy, like concentrate on the phrasing and all that. Also, it's a typical power-ballad and it bores me a bit.

Interesting though that they don't seem to be using the keyboards for that one though, since it's mostly piano-driven on the album.

SleepinIn
I loved the Truth, and to me it is awesome. But I think you're right, the guitars were overpowering him there at times. So great to see those two live though.

Can't Stay Away is taking the lead for me in next single land, it's so awesome live. And Is It Over? I don't even really like it all that much on the CD, but holy moly is it awesome live. (or live to youtube, lol)

missaddicted
Jim promises a "lil tour scoop" from Kris in his interview from last week. Better be worth it, Jim! Following you on twitter is already a bit painful, don't make me unfollow you, lol!

SleepinIn
Oh did you watch it!?! Jim and Kris geek out together about Catan. LMAO. So dorky and awesome (never really heard of Catan.. except from Jim.. lol). Kris want's Teddy Ruxpin for Christmas?

OMG, still laughing. I need Jim to follow the tour. He might be busy, though, new Idol season starting.. But, I want the Kradison concert in NY. There's more press... and where Adam is.. the press will follow like little lambs. Which is good for all of them. Still voted LR though, lol.

Soundcheck picture from HOB today. (looks cool)
http://twitpic.com/u32ke
Last edited by SleepinIn; Dec 18th, 2009 at 07:25 PM..

missaddicted
Sorry Jim, your scoop was... not a scoop.

It wasn't up yet when I posted SleepinIn. I just watched it. Catan? Teddy Ruxpin? Those references are lost on me.

I'm kinda tired of Jim. He's like trying too hard or something. He posts the most inane stuff on twitter. He's trying to be so cool with Kris. I don't know. It's funny, but it's starting to get old. I prefer Slezak. He can be funny and gush about the Idols, but he also gets some real content.

ross 1
Quote:

Oh did you watch it!?! Jim and Kris geek out together about Catan. LMAO.

Watch what?

Next single: CSA? Okay, as long as it's not BWCU, I'll be relatively happy. I guess I don't get why people think that (BWCU) would sell millions of singles. It's not that catchy, and I don't even think the lyrics are easy to remember. That's just my opinion, I know you guys probably don't agree. (It's a pretty good song, I just think singles should be a certain type of song. Catchy, hooky, singable, with a phrase or something you can remember.
Last edited by ross 1; Dec 18th, 2009 at 08:12 PM..

missaddicted
Watch this:

Adam Lambert And Kris Allen At Jingle Ball: The MTV News Outtakes! MTV Newsroom

So this is only the outtakes? Real interview coming soon? What takes them so long, it's been one week since the Jingle Ball!

I'm not speculating anymore on the second single. We all have our different opinions and think that different songs would be the best. We won't be the ones to choose, so I'll just wait for the new single to be announced (which might only be in a couple of months) before making a comment.

ross 1
Quote:

I'm not speculating anymore on the second single. We all have our different opinions and think that different songs would be the best. We won't be the ones to choose, so I'll just wait for the new single to be announced (which might only be in a couple of months) before making a comment.

Well, that's not much fun. Hope you don't mind if I comment? This is how us fans sometimes fill the lonely hours.

Is that link above the Jim and Kris and Catan (?) stuff? Going to watch now.

missaddicted
That's the link.

And about the singles, I think we would just be going around in circles repeating our own opinions about each possible song. You already know I disagree with you about BWCU, so I don't think I want to get into that once again!

ross 1
That's fine, but if you don't mind (and I'm sure you don't) I'll continue to give my opinions about a single. It's fine if you don't want to comment. No problem. SleepinIn gave her opinion about a single and I gave mine, that's all. I probably will keep doing it because it's fun. And my opinions may change over time.

missaddicted
No problem. I just said that I wouldn't be making comments about it. It always comes back to this: managing my expectations. I don't want to hope for a single that'll never be.

Also, it's because you read so many different opinions everywhere, because everyone has a different favorite song or is convinced that this song or this other song would make the best single and in the end, it just ends up badly because people don't agree with each other on something they don't have any control over.

ross 1
Quote:

No problem. I just said that I wouldn't be making comments about it. It always comes back to this: managing my expectations. I don't want to hope for a single that'll never be.

Also, it's because you read so many different opinions everywhere, because everyone has a different favorite song or is convinced that this song or this other song would make the best single and in the end, it just ends up badly because people don't agree with each other on something they don't have any control over.

I see your point. If you want to take yourself out of the singles discussion, that's cool.

I've been singing CSA all day and I can see more and more how that would make a good single. So I agree with you, SleepinIn. (That live performance of CSA from Charlotte was awesome, by the way.) I still like Alright With Me, as much as or more than CSA. And I actually like Written All Over My Face as another choice, to some extent. BWCU is a song I like a good deal, just not as a single, or, at least, not the second single. I think it has complicated lyrics, and they don't stick in my head even though I've listened to the song a lot.

ETA: The other concern I have is Top 40 vs. HAC. LLWD seems to be doing well in both markets. As you probably read on TWoP it has been featured as a top request on Kiss 108 in Boston (Top 7 At 7). This is great. Kiss 108 is Boston's Top 40 station and the most popular station with teens. Plus, songs on Top 40 just seem to get the most attention. Mix 104.1 (HAC) is also playing it, so it's getting exposure in both markets. I can see CSA or even AWM being that kind of hit, but BWCU could only be on HAC. I doubt Kiss 108 would play that song. Or certain other songs on the CD.

I would like to see his 2nd single be as huge as possible, of course. So I'd like it to be a song that is viable in both markets, like LLWD. Most of the time the second single does less well than the first. I'm hoping this one will do even better than the first. Of course, the first isn't done yet!
Last edited by ross 1; Dec 18th, 2009 at 09:15 PM..

missaddicted
I just watched Is It Over from last night and I thought that one was awesome. Not a big fan of the song on the album either, but that live version was great. Andrew's solo was made of win.

The other morning I literally woke up with WAOMF playing in my head. Which was weird since I don't think I listened to the song before going to bed or something. Usually, it's always AWM or BWCU that get stuck in my head. Now I have Is It Over stuck in my head, but I just listened to it, we'll see if it lasts!

ross, did you watch Krim?

SleepinIn
Teddy Ruxpin - he talks and stuff. Was quite popular about 10-ish years ago(?) Kris's desire for him is quite random.. of course it is. lol

Quote:

So this is only the outtakes? Real interview coming soon? What takes them so long, it's been one week since the Jingle Ball!

I think that Jim had trouble getting access to an editing suite at MTV. Idol probably isn't the highest priority. I want all inane content intact.

My opinions on possible singles sway with the wind, I have to admit. You're right, we have no control over that aspect. INXS for instance never actually released any of the songs I thought would be good singles. Drove me nuts. lol.

Quote:

I just watched Is It Over from last night and I thought that one was awesome. Not a big fan of the song on the album either, but that live version was great. Andrew's solo was made of win

Wasn't that GREAT? I was drooling over that whole performance. Andrew was amazing, totally agree.

ross 1
Quote:

ross, did you watch Krim?

Yes, thanks for the link. That was funny. I agree with you about Jim, but then you're not saying anything I didn't already think about Jim. He does try too hard, and he is annoying. But on the other hand, I think he's done a lot to promote Kris. His bias towards Kris is awe-inspiring! Just think if he was yet another member of the press or online community who loved Adam and didn't get Kris. So Jim is still okay with me, I guess I have to say.
Last edited by ross 1; Dec 18th, 2009 at 09:21 PM..

missaddicted
Yeah, I love that Jim is such a great supporter of Kris. Though I don't think that even I am that much of a fangirl towards Kris, Jim might be overdoing it. I wasn't really getting annoyed by him before, but with his crazy tweeting from last night (and not only from last night, I think the guy tweets more than the other 50 people I follow combined!) and his interviews with Kris that are slightly light on content, I'm starting to.

missaddicted
Oh, thanks for the Teddy Ruxpin picture SleepinIn. It does seem familiar. Kris should be afraid, he'll now receive boatloads of Teddy Ruxpins from fans!