Canadian Idol Fans Watching American Idol (Canadian Idol Fans Watching)

ross 1
I don't know if anyone is here? I just read an article about the Z100 Jingle Ball by Jon Caramanica, the NYTimes critic who is not one of Kris's supporters (to put it mildly). I can't believe he said the following:

Also, there was Kanye West’s “Heartless,” sung ably, it should be said, by Kris Allen, the current “American Idol” champion, who was nevertheless received indifferently, like a substitute teacher, by the Bieber demographic. It was a reminder of the limitations of the “American Idol” machine, also evinced by the hollow response to Jordin Sparks, the 2007 winner, who had an energetic set that went largely uncheered until Mr. Bieber joined her to sing the Chris Brown parts of the love duet “No Air.”

Now, you guys saw those videos. Kris was hardly received indifferently. I think this guy just outright lies sometimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/ar...ball.html?_r=1
Last edited by ross 1; Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:03 PM..

SleepinIn
Yep, Kris got a great response. It might not have been Beiber ear piercing, but the audience were singing along and they were loud for sure.

SleepinIn
Live in the Vineyard just posted MITM !

YouTube - Live in the Vineyard Kris Allen - Man in the Mirror

ross 1
What took Live In The Vineyard so long??? That's funny!

SleepinIn
Well it was already posted but the sound was really low. They cranked the sound I think.

ETA: Kris is sitting on the HAC projected chart at 13

Voting for Best new Artist.. Kris has a ways to go..
http://www.z100.com/pages/top100/2009awards.html

They`re fixing audio... squeee

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvMaRBIfoZkm4

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvfwCkWNypBj8

Last edited by SleepinIn; Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:24 AM..

ross 1
Wow, that MITM was awesome. Thanks.

ross 1
Good night!

missaddicted
Some stuff on twitter:

1) They're planning a surprise tonight on Letterman! And they have a special guest?

2) They recorded a "new" song for the AOL sessions. Does that mean a song from the album they haven't played live yet or something else?

3) Kris made an appearance on TMZ. He looked as though he wanted to laugh so bad at the pap who wanted to know if his wife was worried because of the whole Tiger Woods debacle. He probably handled the pap as well as he could have!

4) The Open Web Awards were given and fans managed to vote the picture of David Cook with two of his bandmates as twitpic of the year. I love that picture, gives me a chuckle everytime!
This is how excited we were to see the RnR Hall of Fame...hel... on Twitpic

SleepinIn
I remember that photo! I loved that picture too.

Surprise? and special guests??? New song? Can't wait!

missaddicted
Oh, no! No special guest! Santa was going to play drums. I guess Ryland will have to play instead *wink*.

SleepinIn
Some New Year's talk (yay Kris and Allison news) 'American Idol's' Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta: Adam Lambert doesn't surprise them - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Kris is wearing Wayfarer's on Letterman.. what are wayfarer's? Roy Orbison's Wayfarer's btw. Wut? Roy Orbison (royorbison) on Twitter

and Kris was wearing his glasses. Ok so I just left the David letterman shoe rehearsal... Took ... on Twitpic
(not really news .. but he looks cute - lol)

Kris was totally cracking up at the TMZ guy.
(who tweeted that Kris was really nice BTW)

and just for the funny...

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/DhHMlYET3i6KxdIDPmRH

missaddicted
Wayfarer's?? He's going to wear sunglasses while performing?

The TMZ guy tweeted that Kris was nice?

OMG the elf thing. Hilarious!

SleepinIn
More photos from Letterman
WireImage.com – The Largest Entertainment Photo & Video Archive

Maybe glasses? It looks like from TWOP that they are all wearing holiday sweaters, lmao.

OH! and recap from AOL Sessions (Live Red Guitar!!! and O Holy Night.. I now almost have my complete Kris Allen Christmas Album)
http://community.livejournal.com/ont...%23t1231360594

missaddicted
Oh, those are probably the Wayfarer's! Those glasses are nice! He looks even cuter with those, LOL.

And yay, live Red Guitar! That was probably what Andrew (I think it was Andrew) refered to on twitter.
Last edited by missaddicted; Dec 16th, 2009 at 08:15 PM..

SleepinIn

YouTube - Kris Allen Interview with Fox 16

SleepinIn
Kris gets a mention on the Forbes list (so does Adam of course)

In Pictures: Music's Rising Stars - Kris Allen - Forbes.com

and another really nice mention here
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/cha...owns-bad-year/

ross 1
Is Letterman tonight? Okay, I had no clue.

That girl who won the thing. That's nice and all, however it reminds me of how the girls from L.J. also managed to win tix to the rooftop thing in Boston. And to all those various meet and greets. Not that I begrudge them that, but I guess I have to ask: do those ontd_ai benches have to win, like, everything?? I'm sure the girl is deserving -- or her mom is. But it seems the ontd_ai girls have a lock on the Kris franchise. I'd have liked to have seen that go to someone else, some regular person, so to speak. But Kris picked it so what can you do?

Wayfarers are sunglasses, not regular glasses.

I wonder why they had to work out O Holy Night because "they needed a Christmas song." That seemed weird. They have a christmas song. But I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

ross 1
Quote:

Allen has had a wild ride this year: scoring a tremendous victory, experiencing an unfair backlash and now apparently clinching a hard-won hit single.

I liked that.

Quote:

Voting for Best new Artist.. Kris has a ways to go..

I should have known when you said there was a vote, who would be winning that vote. With Kris's song having done great on that station and his performance at the Jingle Ball hailed by various and sundry, it doesn't matter -- Adam is still winning their poll by a huge margin over Kris. I don't even like to look at these polls. I don't know, I mean, I voted for Kris on AI since, when? Last March or April? When was it? Every week until May 20th, and I drove myself nuts the whole time. I guess from now on he'll just have to make his own way in the world without my votes. I'm sure he'll do great just the same!
Last edited by ross 1; Dec 16th, 2009 at 08:38 PM..

SleepinIn
Quote:

But it seems the ontd_ai girls have a lock on the Kris franchise. I'd have liked to have seen that go to someone else, some regular person, so to speak.

But then we'd never know what happened. That won't work. LOL regular people, schmegular people.

Quote:

I liked that.

He! Thought you might. Me too.

ross 1
Quote:

But then we'd never know what happened.

I knew you were going to say that. I really did. lol

I read something on mj's blog today about Adam's fans making a concerted effort, or big push, or whatever, to keep his album from falling too far on the charts this past week. I have no idea how they organized this ("Okay, everyone, if we all buy one more copy of the album...") I picture the most overzealous of the fantards buying large numbers of copies.

Is it good or bad to have your numbers falsely inflated? (Well, it's not false if people buy real CDs with their real money. It's real enough. It doesn't matter who buys. But it's not exactly extending your popularity beyond your fan base. Or is that necessary?)

ross 1
You guys have a link to that TMZ thing?

SleepinIn
Quote:

I knew you were going to say that. I really did. lol

Quote:

Is it good or bad to have your numbers falsely inflated? (Well, it's not false if people buy real CDs with their real money. It's real enough. It doesn't matter who buys. But it's not exactly extending your popularity beyond your fan base. Or is that necessary?)

Holy Christmas. If Adam's Cd can't stay on the charts without his AI fans buying 47 copies each then it's doomed to failure. I love Kris, but 2 is my limit (I think) Seriously, the money will dry up or the fanbase will move on to season 9. Adam needs radio play and when he gets it (and he is with WWFM), the sales will come. They all need to gather the outside AI fans and the casual AI fans to keep the sales up. The Internet Idol fans are really a drop in the bucket in regards to sales.

More interview.. Band Cheer? Never saw this on youtube Kris... must see.
Kris Allen & Allison Iraheta's NYE Conference Call

Quote:

You guys have a link to that TMZ thing?

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

It was on the page there when I saw it. They showed it on TV too, with snarkier commentary. Eh, whatever it's TMZ. lol

ross 1
Where is that band cheer? Is Kris wearing a dress in it?

Thanks for the TMZ link. McDonald's? Only the finest cuisine for our American Idol.

So LLWD is halfway to gold, and it sold more copies than any Idol single the past week. And its ratings are solid. And I still like listening to it.

SleepinIn
Yep, Kris is sort of addicted to fast food. lol Mainly Chicken and frosty drinks.

ross 1
Well, Chik-fil-a is cool, though! I nearly ate there last week in honor of Kris, when I was at the mall, but it was a Sunday and Chik-fil-a is closed Sundays.

SleepinIn
I'd never heard of Chik-fil-a before Kris. I've heard there is a pickle involved in their chicken sandwich.. do. not. want.

Pickles are just wrong.

ross 1
what's wrong with pickles?

missaddicted
Not a fan of pickles either.

missaddicted
Nice sweaters, boys! LOL.

Oh and very nice performance!

SleepinIn
Quote:

what's wrong with pickles?

A better question is - What's right with pickles? Ew.

I loved the ugly sweater performance. So funny. Cale's was particularly nice, lovely sparkly tree motif. lmao.

I also loved the "first of many" comment from Dave.