Canadian Idol Fans Watching American Idol (Canadian Idol Fans Watching)

ross 1
Oh, one more thing. I can view a daily Top 100 iTunes singles chart (that seems to differ a bit from the more up-to-the-minute chart people can look at who have downloaded iTunes). Anyhow, LLWD was #97. Back in the top 100. And I got to see the new single cover for the first time on the chart.

Another interview:

YouTube - Kris Allen interview with Q1075

And another:

YouTube - Kris Allen Interview with Q94

SleepinIn
Oh, that's awesome Ross. I'm glad LLWD is climbing back up just in time for Conan, GMA, Regis etc. Those interviews are good too. I loved them talking about Kick Awesome. Someone on TWOP joked that now that we know how Kris feels about Kick Awesome we really shouldn't tell Kris that the fans nicknamed the band KAB -- for Kick Awesome Band. LMAO.

and yeah.. 19 bucks!!

and Kris cooks! and American Idol works well with Disneyland - he gets in for free. awesome. No wonder so many Idol's hit disney this year.

Kris changed his twitter name to @krisallen which will make it easier to find him - had to laugh at the Wall Mart Soundcheck twitter tweeting to him "You'll always be 4real to us @krisallen"
Last edited by SleepinIn; Nov 4th, 2009 at 07:01 PM..

ross 1
Photo shoot. (Seems to be Simon Fuller's office?) I kind of like Kris better with his hair shorter than this and spikey. But these look ok.

Kris Allen - November 2009 Portrait (external - login to view)

ross 1
Who is the Sexiest Man Alive? (external - login to view)

ross 1
Have you guys looked at this lately?

Radios That are Living Like They're Dying - Google Maps (external - login to view)

So now that LLWD has been added to Sirius radio it should be able to be heard all over Canada, right?

missaddicted
LOL at the sexiest man alive thing? But, it's cool too. They could have chosen a better picture though!

SleepinIn
I guess if you have Sirius. Canada is being stubborn for some reason - I don't know why. grr.

The Sexiest man thing from the Post was funny.. that picture cracks me up. The other pictures.. I agree his hair is really long there. Still cute though.

SleepinIn
Okay weird thing, I just watched ET Canada and ET. They're aired back to back and had stuff from the TFM red carpet.

TFM premiere on ET Canada.. "and 2012 had their premiere last night..." Pretty much all they said ET "Adam Lambert and the stars of the movie 2012 were at the movie premiere of TFM" Now I love me some Adam, but they didn't even mention John Cusack's name. Weird. Adam is getting crazy love. They spoke to Adam longer than to John Cusak. lmao.

Kris is playing here on Friday
www.firstladies.dreamfoundation.org/ (external - login to view)

More Rockstar connections to this season's Idol's

Dilana has a writing credit on Alison's Album - probably will work better for Alison as a 17 year old.
popup.lala.com/popup/360569449485697650 (external - login to view)

Kris is sitting right outside of top 40 on the Pop charts at #41 and he's at #27 on the HAC charts. He's also got the #10 album on itunes Canada right now, which is awesome.
Last edited by SleepinIn; Nov 4th, 2009 at 08:51 PM..

ross 1
Quote:

Kris is sitting right outside of top 40 on the Pop charts at #41 and he's at #27 on the HAC charts.

How do you get the Billboard figures? Do you subscibe to Billboard?

Quote:

He's also got the #10 album on itunes Canada right now, which is awesome.

That's great! I wonder how many albums that is?

SleepinIn
Quote:

How do you get the Billboard figures? Do you subscibe to Billboard?

Nope it's pure heresay. LOL! But I like it so I'm quoting it. It's from here.

Pulse Music Board - Kris Allen - "Live Like We're Dying" (external - login to view)

They track the chart positions.

Quote:

Quote:
He's also got the #10 album on itunes Canada right now, which is awesome.
That's great! I wonder how many albums that is?

I don't know if there is any way to tell, but since LLWD is getting almost no radio play in Canada (thank you Montreal and BC) I think it's a good sign, that there is interest up here in Kris. Well, clearly there is since we're obsessed. But, as much as we love him, 4 CD's just might be my absolute limit and even that's pushing it.

missaddicted
I see the album at number 43 on the main album chart on iTunes Canada, no? Were you talking about pop albums?

ETA this nice Cook-Archie fan video:

YouTube - Ljsi David Cook David Archuleta

Kradam are not the only ones to bring out adorableness!

SleepinIn
It actually was at #10, I guess it slipped back again. These charts are so volatile.

ross 1
I'm having some trouble getting on the chat.

ross 1
Kris names him his favorite singer on the AI website:

How Deep Is The Ocean (by Irving Berlin):

YouTube - Jamie Cullum - How Deep Is The Ocean

My Funny Valentine (by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart):

YouTube - Jamie Cullum - Porto Alegre - My Funny Valentine

missaddicted
Hello Forum? Are you working?

First: Yay for complete album streaming on Monday (and video tomorrow!). Let's get ready for the female voice repeating "music on demand" at inappropriate moments in the songs!

Second: A big "What?" to Slezak. His list of least-favorite snippet to favorite snippet doesn't look at all (AT ALL) like mine, if I were to make one. At least, it means that Kris's album might really be pretty strong if different songs appeal to different people!
Last edited by missaddicted; Nov 5th, 2009 at 05:58 PM..

SleepinIn
Quote:

Second: A big "What?" to Slezak. His list of least-favorite snippet to favorite snippet doesn't look at all (AT ALL) like mine, if I were to make one. At least, it means, that Kris's album might really be pretty strong if differents songs appeal to different people!

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking -- you and I were on the same track I think... Michael was not on my track. Which could be a good thing.

and complete album... ooo

missaddicted
Yeah, when I read that he had put Alright With Me second to last and that he loved The Truth (not that I hate that snippet, but it's way down on my list of favorites, same thing for Bring It Back), I realized that we were definitely not on the same track. I was like: "But SleepinIn, ross and I all loved Alright With Me!".

In any case, it doesn't matter, it was just funny when I was reading his list, I was disagreeing so much with his choices, not all, but a lot!

Hearing the whole songs could change things too! But I'm sure I'll still love Alright With Me!

SleepinIn
Quote:

In any case, it doesn't matter, it was just funny when I was reading his list, I was disagreeing so much with his choices, not all, but a lot

I was the same.. what??? You don't like Alright with Me? What are you talking about Michael?? LOL You're right it could change with whole songs, but it's just so catchy. It made me laugh too.
Last edited by SleepinIn; Nov 5th, 2009 at 06:08 PM..Reason: exclamation mark..out of line... so random

SleepinIn
Just watching Katy Perry on the EMA.. um, she can't sing. Someone stop the madness.
Last edited by SleepinIn; Nov 5th, 2009 at 07:20 PM..Reason: Not Idol related, but it needed to be said. ;)

missaddicted
Her singing is awful. I remember watching the Grammys last winter and wondering how that girl could make a living with her non-voice.

ross 1
She sucks.

ross 1
LOL.

What's the EMA?

So...I disagreed so much with Slezak that after I read his take on Alright With Me I couldn't read the rest. I was almost mad. How dare he?

Quote:

"But SleepinIn, ross and I all loved Alright With Me!".

We also liked Kris better than Allison. My tastes and Slezak's don't always coincide.

So...I'm hearing that midnight tonight (EST?) we might get to see the video. Cross all apendages.

Hey, what was wrong with this site today?

missaddicted
Quote:

What's the EMA?

MTV Europe Music Awards. I had to look it up after seeing Jim tweet about "EMA" all day!

Quote:

So...I disagreed so much with Slezak that after I read his take on Alright With Me I couldn't read the rest. I was almost mad. How dare he?

LOL! Yeah, I was a bit shocked too, but in the end, it's great! If everyone had the same favorite (or two favorites), it would mean that the album has a lot of boring filler. Since a lot of people seem to have different favorites right now, even though it's after hearing only the snippets, I take it as good news!

Yay for video at midnight tonight!

I think the site is fixed now actually, I'm receiving e-mail alerts again.

ross 1
Today LLWD is at #98 on this iTunes 100 chart, which I guess is the daily chart.

Apple - iTunes - Browse the top music downloads (external - login to view)

But shouldn't he be on the album chart, also? He's not. I thought the album was in the top 100.

Apple - iTunes - Browse the top album downloads (external - login to view)

And what happened to Adam's song? It never seemed to become available on iTunes when it was supposed to.

SleepinIn
You should post your faves on the EW website. I went wild today (lmao) I posted my support for ARWM on EW and I poked my head out of lurkdom on MJ's. Do you really think we'll get the video at midnight?

Speaking of Alison (kinda) did you hear her spanish version of Friday I'll Be Over You?

SleepinIn
I read that itunes was messed up today, so maybe that affected everything.

SleepinIn
Someone on the EW article compared Alright With Me to the Travelling Wilbury's .. I can hear that influence too.

Just cause we were talking about it the other day.. and Sebastian was awesome in it.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvFQp0WbgCxGk

Last edited by SleepinIn; Nov 5th, 2009 at 11:17 PM..

ross 1
Quote:

Speaking of Alison (kinda) did you hear her spanish version of Friday I'll Be Over You?

Yeah! What did you think? I kind of liked it better in English. lol

So...friday morning and no video yet...

missaddicted
Both David and Kris are in this video of 100 sexy men in 1 minute from People. I don't know if that means they'll make the issue, but that video sure is a sight for sore eyes, yum! (Sorry!). Except for Robert Pattison... don't understand what's all the fuss about him.

ETA: video here: 100 Sexy Men in 1 Minute - Sexiest Man Alive : Video : People.com (external - login to view)

No video? *sad*

missaddicted
Kris's video is out! It's awesome, I love it! I love that we see him playing both piano and guitar. I have to admit that it took me forever to realize that the big structure with the lights was a clock, LOL. Nice!

MyPlay Embed Scalable Single Title (external - login to view)

And I listened to approximately half of Gokey's single before concluding that I was definitely not the target audience.