Canadian Idol Fans Watching American Idol (Canadian Idol Fans Watching)

missaddicted
LOL! Well, the guitarist was pretty cute! Unfortunately, I did not leave with him.

SleepinIn
My computer had a glitch yesterday, and it's still a bit glitchy, I may have to reinstall my browser. I've switched to Safari for the moment.

Quote:

Okay, so I ordered a ticket to the acoustic concert tonight. (I held out for about two days on that one. heh.)

I'm glad you gave in!! Since I need to know how these things go. Yay Ross - you'll have fun.
Quote:

LOL! Well, the guitarist was pretty cute! Unfortunately, I did not leave with him.

LMAO.. Oh, well too bad. I haven't listened to much of Florence + the Machine but I do have Rabbit Heart from that free Dose.ca download. I liked the song..so the show was good?

ross 1
Hey, SleepinIn, that's too bad about your browser. (What's a browser? I'm serious, unfortunately. Like Internet Explorer?)

Well, it seems like quite a few stations are playing Adam's single already. There seems to be a lot of "Adam Lambert has a single out" excitement. I don't really like this song (I actually liked Time For Miracles better), so, what can I say? Hope it does well, but not too well, since I don't think it deserves to! jmho.

missaddicted
I hope your computer won't let you down SleepinIn, it sucks when that happens!

Quote:

I liked the song..so the show was good?

Yes, the show was great! She has such a great presence on stage. Also, I love her songs. LOVE! Check out the other songs I posted and also, her song Kiss With A Fist will be the free single of the week in the Canadian iTunes store this week, but it seems it's already available.

Quote:

Oh, well too bad.

I know right. I almost left with the harpist, but you know, that's not cool enough for me.

SleepinIn
Yeah, the Browser is what you use to browse the internet. So, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.

Adam's got a lot of press, for his single for sure. I like it better than TFM.. you like TFM better??? Wow, you really must not like it at all. lol. (you can download the TFM video freeeeeeee.. just sayin'.. hey I did and I don't like TFM all that much although I think he sings it well) Adam's done so much press already I can't say I'm too surprised by the radio adds. It would be shocking if they didn't play his CD after him being on Rollingstone, Entertainment Weekly, and Details. Kris is still getting adds though, he has 8 today so far. It's not an either or thing. I remind myself of this occasionally. Even if they play Adam 5 times a day they still have hours to fill up with other people.

Kris from Miami

YouTube - The People Page Miami Dolphins

ross 1
"I don't sing unless I got my guitar with me." Oh, Kris, you're quick, boy. I'm glad he refused to sing, but how nice was he? And that little shrug? Win.

Quote:

I like it better than TFM.. you like TFM better??? Wow, you really must not like it at all. lol. (you can download the TFM video freeeeeeee.. just sayin'.. hey I did and I don't like TFM all that much although I think he sings it well)

I don't like it that much. lol

Yeah, I was just making a comment about FYE when I said I liked TFM better. I mean, I actually do like TFM better, much as I don't like it, because I probably prefer songs about love than songs about sadomasochism. But that's just me.

SleepinIn
Quote:

I probably prefer songs about love than songs about sadomasochism. But that's just me.

Just an ole' fashioned boy. LOL

Quote:

I know right. I almost left with the harpist, but you know, that's not cool enough for me.

LMAO.

Y'all crack me up!

ross 1
Yeah, the harpist...LOL.

Um, did you guys see the video of the guy quitting Australian Idol? It was very emotional. I recommend it (on mj's blog). This is what people seem to believe that Jacob Hoggard did, for some reason (quit, I mean). Urban myth.

missaddicted
Just watched the Australian Idol video. I have a lot of respect for the guy to admit that he actually didn't want this as much as the others, but (and I don't know his story really, except that he was just a teacher before Idol), maybe he should've thought about it before going on the show? I mean, I'm sure a lot of others would've killed for his spot.

I had to chuckle though when he said that he had had "The Time of My Life". LOL.

Also, it's not only brutal that they have to wait a week before getting the results, but they also gave the results to the poor guy who would've been eliminated! Ouch!

Quote:

Yeah, the harpist...LOL.

There was actually a harpist on stage, so I was not kidding about that. But he was in fact really cool! He was seriously rocking the harp! And I think he drank like three beers during the show. Drunken harp!

ross 1
I never doubted there was a harpist, I was just agreeing with SleepinIn that your comment was funny. Sounds like a cool harpist.

missaddicted
Oh, I know! It's just pretty rare that a band has a harpist playing with them!

Why aren't you in the chat, ross? I wanted to tell you something but don't want to write it on the board...

missaddicted
LOL. That sounded accusatory! WHY aren't you in the chat, ross, you should be!!!

Sorry!

ross 1
I'm online in the chat now (11:32).

I guess I fell asleep.

Come on, guys, where are you?It's not that late...
Last edited by ross 1; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:11 AM..Reason: EDITED TO PUT IN MORE SMILIES WHILE WAITING FOR PEOPLE TO SHOW UP....BUT I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS SHOWING UP...

missaddicted
I'm listening to the Adam snippets that just leaked. Most of them are not my cup of tea, Britney type dance music. Not a big fan of the ballads either. Some of the more pop-rock songs, I kind of like. But in the end, listening to all these snippets one after the other, I have to conclude that I'm just not that big a fan of his voice.

Also, to those who all said that Adam's music would be the most original thing ever and that it would reinvent music as we know it, well, no, it won't. His album is just as "produced for the mainstream" as all the other Idol albums.

missaddicted
Cool, David Cook just tweeted encouraging people to pre-order Kris's album (and to buy Carrie's album).

And I just saw that Theo will be in Montréal with Matt Dusk at the end of November. I might have been tempted, but I already have a show on the night they are here!

ross 1
Quote:

I'm listening to the Adam snippets that just leaked. Most of them are not my cup of tea, Britney type dance music. Not a big fan of the ballads either. Some of the more pop-rock songs, I kind of like. But in the end, listening to all these snippets one after the other, I have to conclude that I'm just not that big a fan of his voice.

I agree with this. I really don't like the overproduced, generic pop sound of most of the snippets. Britney comes to mind, yeah. One song reminded me of a typical Kelly Clarkson pop number. Soaked had a very B'way sound to me, because I still hear that singing style on Adam's ballads. I don't think any of it sounds bad, I'm just not a fan; I'm not saying it won't sell. But Adam and I have very different musical tastes.

Quote:

Also, to those who all said that Adam's music would be the most original thing ever and that it would reinvent music as we know it, well, no, it won't. His album is just as "produced for the mainstream" as all the other Idol albums.

One post on mj's was, "Hey, Adam, the 80's called, they want their music back."

It's very hard to actually invent new musical styles, and sometimes I don't like the attempts. I'd much rather hear a singer use an established style or genre as a framework for his/her own personal style, and to be inventive within that framework. Now, with Kris or a singer like that, the singer is everything. The personal connection, etc. With Adam's current style, it's more about the arrangements, with the exception of a couple of numbers. It's like macro vs. micro. I think I like micro.

A lot of people are posting elsewhere that this stuff is "so Adam," and that he's been "true to his own style," which I guess I don't get, because this is the first time I ever heard him doing this kind of music with these types of arrangements, unless you go way back to songs like Pop Goes The Camera. They know a secret I don't know: who he is. How they know this, I don't know. I have never known who he is as an artist, at least until now. I'm not sure why he's been reticent about it, but it's been months, now, and this is the first statement of who he is. I find that bizarre.
Last edited by ross 1; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 01:36 PM..

ross 1
Hm, that sounded kind of harsh. The last paragraph. I didn't even mean it to. It was probably a reaction to reading all the fan-gushing. lol

Supposedly Kris's album pre-sale is very good on Canadian iTunes as of this afternoon. (Someone on mj's said #12? In Canada? With no airplay of the single to speak of.) It's #10 on US pop right now, #40 on the regular chart, according to the posters over there.
Last edited by ross 1; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 03:48 PM..

ross 1
‘AMERICAN IDOL’ CHAMP KRIS ALLEN IS ANYTHING BUT IDLE - Hollywood Celebrity and Entertainment Daily News (external - login to view)

New radio interview:

YouTube - Kris Allen Interview with Hot Mix 1019

Last edited by ross 1; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 07:58 PM..

missaddicted
It's number 53 on the regular chart from what I can see right now.

I'm still debating whether to pre-order it or not. SleepinIn, what will you be doing?

ross 1
I just posted a new radio interview with Kris.

At least an hour ago someone posted the CD was #34 on (US) iTunes and #8 on pop.

ross 1
Acoustic Cook:

The ALL NEW - MIX 96.9.com (external - login to view)

SleepinIn
Oh look at all the goodies! I don't know where to start.

So this afternoon before I went out I listened to the Adam snips, there were a few songs that I thought could be really fun and promising. But I found it odd that for Adam, who had people tripping over themselves loving his voice.. on the CD his voice is so produced. And I know it's the genre of music, I just still find it strange. Not bad in anyway.. just weird and kooky.

and I don't know what to do either missaddicted regarding pre-ordering the CD. I mean I already have the darn thing ordered I really think that should count. :/

ETA: itunes here actually had a Kris Allen ad.. whoot! Whoot! His album is actually #45 on itunes Canada right now and the single isn't on the chart. Considering the lack of airplay that's pretty good.

Accoustic Cook is good

and so no Mat Kearney song yet... but From the Ashes is a Kris co-write. I'm excited to hear it.
Last edited by SleepinIn; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:01 PM..

ross 1
Quote:

So this afternoon before I went out I listened to the Adam snips, there were a few songs that I thought could be really fun and promising. But I found it odd that for Adam, who had people tripping over themselves loving his voice.. on the CD his voice is so produced. And I know it's the genre of music, I just still find it strange. Not bad in anyway.. just weird and kooky.

And the majortiy of his fans on mj's don't care. That's also weird and kooky to me.

SleepinIn, I just went back to page 114 to hear Kris's Ford Day performance of Falling Slowly and I see now it's a "private video". What happened??

missaddicted
Yes, I agree about the weird and kooky part.

And LOL about you two having watched acoustic Cook before me! Actually, earlier I downloaded the MP3's of the two songs that the radio station posted, but I hadn't actually watched the videos! I'm doing that now.

You know there was somewhat of a controversy with that radio station. Someonw posted on the radio station's twitter that "David Cook was a waste of time" or something horrible like that, like during or after his performance. The tweet was deleted of course, but that's just really stupid. I hope an employe at that radio station was reprimanded. Because insulting your guests is just a classy thing to do, mix 96.9. Anyway, the whole thing was then probably blown out of proportion by fans and I'll believe it was just somebody having a little fun, but still.

ETA: The radio station is making amends (via twitter):

Quote:

is really surpirised RCA reords isn't working a new David Cook single. He was great today in the Mix studios today!

Quote:

David Cook deserves to have another single delievered to radio! Mix will keep checking the snail mail and email for the release info....

Last edited by missaddicted; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:35 PM..

missaddicted
OMG! LOL! Cook starting a raw food diet? That's what he says at the end of "Lie" on that acoustic performance. The guy who loves fair food, and deep fried oreos and beer on a raw food diet? This is so not going to last. He probably could've chosen an easier diet!

SleepinIn, you've seen the songwriters for "From The Ashes"? Who are they, aside from Kris? So, it's not the Mat Kearney song?

SleepinIn
Oh yeah.. someone mentioned on TWOP that is was Lindy Toby and Kris for From the Ashes. Produced by Toby Gad

Bits & Pieces: November 3, 2009 (external - login to view)

SleepinIn
This is the version you should go for Ross

www.sonymusicdigital.com/kris...ent_country=US (external - login to view)

ross 1
New Kris radio interview:

YouTube - Kris Allen Interview with Michael Maze

I've been skimming the headlines thread, in you-know-what-blog. I guess Kris was suggested as a possible "sexiest man of the year" by the NY Post. And he's apparently going to be presenting the nominations for the People's Choice Awards. Not sure if he will be nominated, though (I keep forgetting to vote).

ross 1
Quote:

This is the version you should go for Ross

19 bucks?? Are you mad?! For the guy who sings karaoke covers of Britney? I bet there's no bonus tracks either.
Last edited by ross 1; Nov 4th, 2009 at 06:33 PM..

ross 1
Well, I actually did try ordering that version of the CD. The site kept saying there was an error, try again later.

So maybe they've already sold a thousand.