High School Musical: Ice Show

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I have to hand it to Disney..they sure know how to take the wallet out of a person's back pocket.

My wife and I took our daughter to this show at the Vancouver Pacific Coliseum. Though the show was reasonable, the cost of attending a Walt Disney production out of town ranks up there with funding the Iraq War.

I think the tickets were $75 each. Times three = $225 (I think it was more). We had to take the ferry so that was $80 x 2 = $160. We rented a hotel room that cost with tax $150. We spent $120 on souvenirs (and that was going cheap).

$225 +
$160 +
$150+
$120 =
$655

What we didn't buy -
* $16 snow cone (yes, this has to be a world's first - Guiness Record material)
* $55 t-shirt (or about $12 at Walmart)
* $20 hand-held cheap light gizmo (likely to self destruct in 12 hours)

The souvenir program cost $20. The guy asked if we wanted two. I almost took the whole lot from him at that price.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
yes you're right... disney does know how to anally rape parents via their wallets.

$16 for a snow cone is insane... but the fact that they're selling them at that price suggests people BUY them at that price, which strongly suggests there are people out there who do NOT know the value of money, which might be part of the financial crisis we're experiencing (apparently)

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
In my personal opinion a lot of people have yet to feel the`pinch of the financial situation`and just keep pulling out the plastic.

You cannot control the actions of others.

Eventually these individuals will see the light and their bills and realize that their situation isn't that rosy.

regs,
scratch