A 2:33 AM post

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Meanwhile, in the middle of the night, he realized that it was dawn somewhere. And later than that at some other somewhere.

He stood with his back to the cold, biting wind but oddly, felt no teeth. He imagined that he could feel a strange heat, like the heat of a typical Hawaiian day, only different. A guess, for he had never been to Hawaii, but he thought that if he ever did go, it would feel strange. The heat, not Hawaii.

A crow crowed in the distance, almost mocking him, so maybe it wasn't a crow. A mockingbird perhaps, imitating a crow. He called out to it,

"Shutup crow, or mocking bird, or whatever you are!"

But the damn bird didn't listen, so he set fire to the woods. And the coyotes complained. Typical, for the Barkleys, he thought.

Just then, as if on cue, a woman's voice broke the almost stillness of the mostly over night.

"There are eels in my bathtub."

Then silence.

And he knew that he was doomed.

fin
---

20 minutes later....

Kip felt the fish slamming into his back. It was almost as if they were dive bombing him, except that he was in the water, and they weren't flying fish.

"Holy mother of God!" he screamed, "How could Your mother exist when Father Bill told us that God was the only being around at the beginning of time! Or did He have her killed?"

Could Father Bill have been lying to a six year old Kip?

Kip's eyes welled up with tears, and then, an epiphany!

"I'll ask the Google! The Google knows all!"

But the link was broken, and he could not afford to have it fixed. Another man might have given up, but Kip was made of sterner stuff.

"When the Google fails, there is only one thing to do. Ask Stan Lee!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pa8QdMGym0

fin

Last edited:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Then, at 0533 hrs...

The man awoke, searching for his watch, but would never find it. "Where did the time go?" He asked. Silence. "Oh no!" he screamed, "My answering machine is gone too!"

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
if you had a wife or girl friend you could check to see of her answering cervix was working...

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I have a wife friend and a girl. Nobody wants to buy them. I'm hoping for better luck with the boys. The trouble is, they're older.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4CVZnGJIzQ

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
According to someone who knows an employee of the UN, there are only 392 days until Christmas 2018.