Superhero for Doctor Who Christmas special

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This year's Christmas Day episode of Doctor Who will see the Doctor team up with a comic book superhero.

The Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, will work with the superhero to save New York from a deadly alien threat...

Doctor Who Christmas show to feature Doctor Mysterio

BBC News
7 October 2016

The episode will be called The Return of Doctor Mysterio

This year's Christmas special of Doctor Who will see the Doctor team up with a comic book superhero.

The 60 minute episode, called The Return of Doctor Mysterio, will be written by Steven Moffat and broadcast on BBC One on Christmas Day.

The Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, will work with the superhero to save New York from a deadly alien threat.

Doctor Mysterio will be played by Canadian actor Justin Chatwin, who has previously appeared in Orphan Black.

The pair will be joined on their quest by an investigative journalist, played by Wolf Hall actress Charity Wakefield.

Matt Lucas, who announced his return to Doctor Who earlier this year, will also appear in the episode.

Peter Capaldi with Pearl Mackie, who makes her debut on the show next year

Chatwin said: "Working with the amazing people at Doctor Who has been one of the most fun and rewarding projects I've ever had the pleasure of being involved with."

Moffat hinted that he was interested to explore the character of Grant, the man who becomes Doctor Mysterio.

Moffat said: "I've always loved superheroes and this Christmas Doctor Who dives into that world. My favourite superhero is Clark Kent. Not Superman. Clark Kent."

Doctor Who Christmas show to feature Doctor Mysterio - BBC News

Last edited: