The Thor movie

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
When I criticized the Supernatural TV show, and explained about their mistakes and made it an opportunity to clearify the true things about the spiritual beings: the angels, the devils, the human souls, the genie .. etc.

Someone came and moved my thread to the Spirituality subforum ..
I remembered someone who moved some posts before: the astronomy posts: they moved them to the abnormal theories subforum ..

Anyhow, I don't mind about such things .. that they want to move my posts to one corner as restriction .. and I don't mind writing my threads here or in any other forum at any internet site .. and I don't mind.

It was only a criticism and speaking about a TV series: was it any insult to the TV or insult to the Art?
And if I explain the true thing about the Supernatural show .. what happened that enraged someone or another, so that they resented!?

Now, our subject is:

The criticism of the Thor movie

===========================================================

These are the myths of the ancient Greek: why do many people venerate and hollify them?

Why when the Quran or the Bible is mentioned, many atheists are enraged .. but when the myths of the Greek and the ancients are mentioned they look at them with admiration?

This was the idolatry of the ancient people and their illogical and irrational thinking and imagination.

Many gods in the form of humans inhabiting the heavens and galaxies and they fight each other, having sons and wives and many conflicting worlds.

=================================================================

In addition, many atheist, out of their trickery, mix the True God: the Creator with the many false gods of the idolatry, in a way to deny all of them: and the True God: the Creator, by this cunning way.

Such denial of God Almighty had not be adopted by philosophers: they know the difference between the idols and the True God the Creator, while the cunning Hitchens and Dawkins made this invention: they said many gods: the God of the Islam, the God of Christianity, the God of Judaism and the Gods of India and Africa ..etc.
While God is One the Creator Who has many names like Yahewh, Allah, Khodah, God, the Great Spirit and many other names by various nations and in various languages.

=============================================================

Loki

======================================================================

The father

==================================================================

While in the Quran, God is One: the Creator of the heavens and the earth and everything in the universe, and the system and order is there all over the universe according to God's will.

Quran 17: 42, which means:
{Say: if there had been [other] gods with Him, as do the [associaters] say, [then such claimed gods] would certainly have sought out a way [to visit] the Lord of the Throne b.}

b As do kings visit each other from one kingdom to another.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
http://quran-ayat.com/interpretation.pdf
quran-ayat(dot)com

Another argument in the Quran against the idolatry and polytheism:

َQuran 23: 71, which means:
{And if [God:] the Just had followed their desires [about the intercession], surely the heavens and the earth and whosoever [living being] is therein would have been corrupted. a

Actually, We have brought them [the Quran
b, which is] their 'admonition', but they have become averse from their 'admonition' c.}

71 a So ‘the Truth’ or ‘the Just’ is God; and ‘their desires’ are about the intercession which they ascribed to the angels, and said: “They intercede for us before God, so God will give us what we want by means of their intercession.”
So God denied their words, and said: Had God the Just followed their desires: to give them what they want by means of the intercession of the angels and other prophets, then the planets with all the living beings on them would have been corrupted.
That is because people are different among themselves according to the difference in their opinions, minds and demands; so that each one of them asks of God a sentence against his opponent, and everyone of them wants to be the king and president of his country; therefore, if God had given them their requests, then the planets and all their inhabitants would have corrupted because of the opposition and dissension among people.

For this reason, God does not accept the intercession of any angel or prophet about that, lest the order and harmony may be disordered and life may be distorted.
71 b It means: the Quran is their admonition which will remove their illusions and expose the truth to them.
71 c It means: They become averse from the Quran.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/23.htm#a23_71

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, the proper criticism of the Thor movie is that Mjolnir was all wrong. In order to keep Snorri the smith from finishing Mjolnir, Loki transformed into a biting fly and bit Snorri repeatedly while he was working. Finally, unable to take it, Snorri reached up to brush the fly away, and the blood that was in his eye from a bite on his brow. As a result, Mjolnir had a very short handle.

Always thought that "short handle" thing was some kinda sexual reference.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
When I criticized the Supernatural TV show, and explained about their mistakes and made it an opportunity to clearify the true things about the spiritual beings: the angels, the devils, the human souls, the genie .. etc.

These are the myths of the ancient Greek: why do many people venerate and hollify them?

Why when the Quran or the Bible is mentioned, many atheists are enraged .. but when the myths of the Greek and the ancients are mentioned they look at them with admiration?

This was the idolatry of the ancient people and their illogical and irrational thinking and imagination.

Many gods in the form of humans inhabiting the heavens and galaxies and they fight each other, having sons and wives and many conflicting worlds.

Yeah well I don't know of many people who venerate and (hollify? I don't think that's a word) the ancient Greeks for their gods. And yes "this was the idolatry of the ancient people and their illogical and irrational thinking and imagination" but so are the modern incarnations of religion.

A good book for you to buy and read is Encyclopedia of World Mythology, Parragon Publishing.

It's a good primers on how all the mystics began, transformed and continue today.

On Thor there's a tome by Mjohllnir on the Myth of the Theft of Thor's Hammer.

Yes those ancient people had some pretty wacky beliefs but let's not forget, they were pretty much reduced to only hearing gossip and life was brutal with death imminent knocking from the minute they were born and they only lasted on average for 25 years........

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Quran refutes the idolatry and associating any being with God the Creator and Almighty... in many ayat, like the aya:

Quran 21: 22, which mean:
{If there were in both [the heavens and the earth i ], other gods besides God, then both would have been disordered! j

But highly exalted be God, the Lord of the Throne: above what k they attribute [to Him.]}

22 i i.e. the planets including the earth.
22 j Because of the opposition and contradiction of the opinions of the gods, and what each of them wants to do for his creatures; as will the people be in disorder, if they have many kings.
22 k Associates, sons and daughters.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/21.htm#a21_22

A parable about the disability of the gods - apart from God Most Gracious; such parable is in the Quran 22: 73, which means:

{O people, here is a parable a to which you should listen [to ponder and contemplate:]

Those to whom you pray [and worship, whether angels or idols], apart from God, will not create [any] fly, though they should all cooperate together for [this purpose.]
b

And if the fly should snatch away anything of [their health by transmitting the microbes to] them, they would have no power to rescue [their health] from the [harm of the fly.]

Weak, indeed, are [both] those who pray and those to whom they pray.
c}

73 a Which is in the Quran, chapter 29: 41, which means:
(The likeness of those [custodians of idols] who have taken to themselves [idols as] patrons [and invite people to worship the idols], apart from God,
is as the likeness of a [female] spider that takes to itself a home [: its spider web or cobweb.])

73 b It means: If they met together, consulting and cooperating with each other, in order to create one fly, they would not be able to do so.

73 c Both the worshipper and the worshipped one are unable: the worshipper is unable to reject the fly and preserve his health from it, and the worshipped one is unable to create one single fly.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/22.htm#a22_73