The Nature of Stuff with Davis Suzuki

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Time now for The Nature of Stuff, with Davis Suzuki

Good evening. The world continues to ignore my warnings about global warming and the bad stuff that will happen to us or our biosphere. But that’s okay because I have been paid large sums of money by the CBC over the years, which means I have been paid large sums of money by you.

I have a well stocked underground bunker, located somewhere in BC’s interior. Sealed inside, I can weather any natural or unnatural disaster that is coming. And it is coming!

Now the obligatory scary words, used in my weekly introduction to the show.

Floods, super storms, tornadoes, global warming, unsafe, unclean, poisoned water. Festering sores. Disease and pestilence. Bankruptcy. War. Open sores. Cancer and AIDS. Blood. Crushing injury. Screams. Utter hopelessness. Justin Trudeau.

The food chain is compromised. Our air is polluted, as is the water, our soil and the government in Ottawa. All these things will contribute to you, or your children’s unscheduled demise.

But what of the wars that threaten vast areas that could be used peacefully to grow food?

The large undersea areas that we cannot see or explore that might hide the next retrovirus, delivered in the form of a seaborne parasite?

The imminent arrival of large objects from space that are on a collision course with earth? Objects of incredible dimension that we cannot stop or destroy, even with modern weapons and computers systems.

The resurgence of diseases we thought were eradicated, as we push into the forests and jungles of our planet?

Strange new discoveries of predatory animals, previously unknown to humans?

Constantly evolving superbugs, possibly from space, that will wipe out all life as we know it?
---

Join me next week on The Nature of Stuff, when I talk to university people – professors, doctors and researchers – each impressively credentialed, with so many letters after their names that several are researching the alphabet, in the hope that they can develop more, and better letters to be used with an increasing number of even more impressive credentials.

Until then, I’m Davis Suzuki.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Good evening. The world continues to ignore my warnings about global warming and the bad stuff that will happen to us or our biosphere. But that’s okay because I have been paid large sums of money by the CBC over the years, which means I have been paid large sums of money by you.

I have a well stocked underground bunker, located somewhere in BC’s interior. Sealed inside, I can weather any natural or unnatural disaster that is coming. And it is coming!

Now the obligatory scary words, used in my weekly introduction to the show.

Floods, super storms, tornadoes, global warming, unsafe, unclean, poisoned water. Festering sores. Disease and pestilence. Bankruptcy. War. Open sores. Cancer and AIDS. Blood. Crushing injury. Screams. Utter hopelessness. Justin Trudeau.

The food chain is compromised. Our air is polluted, as is the water, our soil and the government in Ottawa. All these things will contribute to you, or your children’s unscheduled demise.

But what of the wars that threaten vast areas that could be used peacefully to grow food?

The large undersea areas that we cannot see or explore that might hide the next retrovirus, delivered in the form of a seaborne parasite?

The imminent arrival of large objects from space that are on a collision course with earth? Objects of incredible dimension that we cannot stop or destroy, even with modern weapons and computers systems.

The resurgence of diseases we thought were eradicated, as we push into the forests and jungles of our planet?

Strange new discoveries of predatory animals, previously unknown to humans?

Constantly evolving superbugs, possibly from space, that will wipe out all life as we know it?
---

Join me next week on The Nature of Stuff, when I talk to university people – professors, doctors and researchers – each impressively credentialed, with so many letters after their names that several are researching the alphabet, in the hope that they can develop more, and better letters to be used with an increasing number of even more impressive credentials.

didn't hear any of this stuff you are spewing when I watched the 'karate kid', what has any of this have
to do with david sazuki. I suppose you would be sued if you had actually posted 'his' picture, chicken.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
didn't hear any of this stuff you are spewing when I watched the 'karate kid', what has any of this have
to do with david sazuki. I suppose you would be sued if you had actually posted 'his' picture, chicken.
Can you not read , Davis Suzuki .
Give your head a shake your snake oil salesman has been outed .

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Time now for The Nature of Stuff with Davis Suzuki

Is the world is slowly being poisoned by invasive toxic compounds, many of which are of human origin? This week on, The Nature of Stuff, I'll be looking at the huge, government run factories, churning out biotoxic waste products destined for the Canadian market. Have those toxins affected our human development?

We'll also be looking at my career in film, where I got my start a long, long time ago, in a country far, far away.

But first, the obligatory scary words.

The lure of big money from the sale of genetically mutated food to Canadians is difficult to resist.

Is government involved in the secret medical experiments, conducted at random in Canada, on our youth? Every year, free vaccinations are offered to an unsuspecting public. Is this sanctioned by Ottawa? Why?

The receding ice of Canada's north is a real threat to people living south of the tree line. As animals migrate in search of food, will we have to start killing them to stop being eaten ourselves? This week, Ottawa's little known plan to eradicate the polar bear.

The Comox Valley on Vancouver Island is a popular retirement destination for seniors from Canada's prairies. Every year, thousands flock there to take up residence. Where do they go when they die? There is only one graveyard - an old Chinese cemetery - located in Cumberland. Where is everyone interred? I'll be talking with herring fisherman Bob Bobson of Campbell River. He might have a chilling answer involving the Georgia Strait, chum, recycling and the food chain. I warn viewers, certain scenes may be disturbing.

Unicorns - they're not real, right? We'll visit Duncan, BC and talk with a man who says our need for magic mushrooms might have caused the destruction of the last of Canada's indigenous herds.

Could native campfires have caused global warming as early as the 1500s? We'll examine old Cree legends to learn about how the smoke from man made fires might have started the polar ice caps melting, acid rain and the destruction of plant life in Ontario's north.

The sea is the source of life on our planet. But deposited in that vibrant salt water, there have to be ancient waste byproducts. The Nature of Stuff looks at one scientist's contention that the island nation of England might be a huge pile of poo. Fecal earth residue from our planet's early days.
---

Join me next week on The Nature of Stuff, when we unearth an old toxic waste dump in northern Manitoba. Long before England's Industrial Revolution, there were expanding native tribes, looking to settle the territory we now call Manitoba. Were the Dene, Cree and Ojibwa nations Canada's first toxic polluters?

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Suzukis can take it
They're built to be tough
No matter how hard you ride
Wherever you're going
On road or on rough
Grab your Suzuki and fly

Hang it up
Get on a Suzuki

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

don't know his name, if that's it, just heard it for first time, just
knew the face.

i'll shake my head in a few minutes, just going to wash my hair.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

Modern man often lays claim to the creation of many things about which they had little or no involvement. This is because we have forgotten when or who created some of our machines, procedures and traditions. This week on The Nature of Stuff, we turn the clock back thousands of years and visit ancient China.

The Chinese were responsible for creating the first bathhouses sometime around 1000 BC. They were built to promote cleanliness and camaraderie. The ancient caste system dictated who could bathe with who, and when.

Regardless of social standing, after the bath, one dried by lying naked in the sun. This was alright in the summer, but was uncomfortable, and even dangerous in the winter! For that reason, bathing was not done when the weather was cold.

Around 700 BC, a lowly peasant farmer created a blanket of absorbent material designed to soak up and dry off the bather. This made it possible to be clean and dry year round.

The man's name? Tao Ling.

---

Join me next week on The Nature of Stuff when we travel to the Indian subcontinent, to what is now Pakistan, and search for evidence of the ancient Perdu people.The Perdus vanished from the region around the time of the birth of Christ. Their disappearance, scholars say, was because of an odd religious practice involving the teeth of Perdu men. One ritual in particular may been their undoing.

We'll witness the modern followers of the Perdu as they imitate the practice of the 'Ritual of the Neck'. Young men, who still have their teeth, attempt to chew through their own necks in sacrifice, as was done in ancient times. Scientists believe this strange practice wiped them out, as it left no one to perpetuate the tribe.

Until then, I'm Davis Suzuki.