Now That's a Guitar Solo...........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Grandfather's epic guitar solo leaves music shop staff in awe....
Staff at a guitar shop in Tennessee were blown away when an 81-year-old shopper plugged in a six-string and ripped some pretty impressive runs.
Video on Facebook shows Bob Wood standing in front of a wall of guitars and t-shirts at British Audio Service in Nashville, Tenn., playing a Mexican song called “Besame Mucho,” according to Unilad.
“Hello, the bull is dead, how ‘bout that,’” Wood throws up his arms and jokes right before the video stops.
The video has racked up more than 2.5 million views on the social media platform. And while his talents might be surprising to some, they certainly aren’t to people who know him.
Melanie Wood Moody, one of Wood’s nine children, told Guitar Player he was a regular performer at Jamboree USA in Wheeling, WV during the 70s.
She said he also won Entertainer of the Year in 1975 and 1976 from Eastern States Country Music Inc. and, in 2007, was inducted into The Southern Legends Country Music Hall of Fame.
It’s not every day a ‘Southern Legend’ walks into your shop. Good thing the guys and gals at BAS made sure to capture it on video.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...anddad-shreds-epic-guitar-solo-154556501.html

Enjoy

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That is very cool. It's a joy to see someone in complete control of their instrument at any age.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Years ago I was in a band and we were auditioning a second guitarist when this kid that a couple of us knew tried out. He was 16 and had only been playing for 2 years.
When he was done, our guitarist said, "F*ck it, I might as well take up bird watching." He didn't, but that kid was phenomenal for someone who had only been playing for two years. And he wasn't playing the usual bar band stuff either. Hell, I even think he did a better job playing Clapton's "White Room" than Clapton. The solo was amazing. He also blew us away with some Rush, Robin Trower, and Ozzy from the Randy Rhodes days.

Last I heard about him he was picked up by some studio to be a session musician.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Years ago I was in a band and we were auditioning a second guitarist when this kid that a couple of us knew tried out. He was 16 and had only been playing for 2 years.
When he was done, our guitarist said, "F*ck it, I might as well take up bird watching." He didn't, but that kid was phenomenal for someone who had only been playing for two years. And he wasn't playing the usual bar band stuff either. Hell, I even think he did a better job playing Clapton's "White Room" than Clapton. The solo was amazing. He also blew us away with some Rush, Robin Trower, and Ozzy from the Randy Rhodes days.

Last I heard about him he was picked up by some studio to be a session musician.
Glen Campbell started as a session musician . Some of the best guitarists are session musicians. One of the best I ever heard was at a blues festival in West Plains Missouri. Fellow by the name of Gerry Moss.

Did a real good job on an old James Taylor tune "steam roller"

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yep I love bluegrass music. Got quite the CD collection. I like all kinds of music. Of course I am open minded that way

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3Bo_Kz8qQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLRCSOZ7wo

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi has got to be the best riff-maker of all time. In 2012 he was named the greatest heavy metal guitarist of all time.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Those kids are amazing.... And I know from playing the banjo myself and watching the finger positions that there is no 'dubbing' there....It's really them playing

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And one of my favorites Ronnie Prophet from Hawksbury Ontario.....
Before he started using a synthesizer when he does his one man show..