Australia Wants to Kill Johnny Depps Dogs

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Johnny Depp has been given until Saturday to get his two pet dogs out of the country or have them put down after he brought them into Australia without declaring them to quarantine.

Johnny Depp's dogs Boo and Pistol could be put down if they stay in Australia, Barnaby Joyce warns - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

OK, I'm just funnin with the headline but from what I learned some years when we were going there for a month OZlands pet import rules and the 4 week quarantine is so strict that it basically makes one not bother bringing your pet; which I think was the point .................

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Johnny Depp has been given until Saturday to get his two pet dogs out of the country or have them put down after he brought them into Australia without declaring them to quarantine.

Johnny Depp's dogs Boo and Pistol could be put down if they stay in Australia, Barnaby Joyce warns - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

OK, I'm just funnin with the headline but from what I learned some years when we were going there for a month OZlands pet import rules and the 4 week quarantine is so strict that it basically makes one not bother bringing your pet; which I think was the point .................

fify Most of your post are like those dreary jokes where you have to scroll down to see the punch line. The problem is none of yer posts are intended to be jokes.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The department said any animal that was imported without meeting Australia's import conditions would be ordered into quarantine and would either be exported or destroyed.

so if they aren't quarantined first, they will be ordered to quarantine, then deported or destroyed. What exactly are they worried the dogs will bring into the country that isn't already there?

All he should have to do is show their vaccination records. Yorkies are not known to go feral and destroy live stock and such.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
let the dogs live, just put Johnny Depp down...wtf...it's not the dogs fault.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
let the dogs live, just put Johnny Depp down...wtf...it's not the dogs fault.

Count on Sal to cut to the chase and come up with a really good solution.......:love6:gotta love it.

A good solution in this case would be a vat of HCl in which to bathe Depp.
just sayin.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Kennels or hire someone. Why travel with pets?
he doesn't need to, he's Johnny Depp and he is above the law of the land...ya know, like lots of super weathly people they can get around many of the usual laws that the regulars have to follow...until of course...they can't

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
There's no rabies in Aus., and they probably like it that way.

His name should be Johnny Dip
I am totally ticked with him that he endangered their lives because he broke the rules...and normally I think rules are absolutely meant to be broken...but not when it endangers others such as it does here

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Shots?

Did you hear of the dog flu that went through mid west US last month? How about Lyme? Is Lyme common is AU? That is just scraping the surface....

List of dog diseases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that's why I said he should just have to show his vaccination record.

I am totally ticked with him that he endangered their lives because he broke the rules...and normally I think rules are absolutely meant to be broken...but not when it endangers others such as it does here

Assuming his assistant isn't the one ignoring the rules. He would have a PA who's job it is to make sure that things go smoothly. I'm sure the PA has since been fired.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
that's why I said he should just have to show his vaccination record.
I'll vaccinate him pronto if need be

he likely didn't vaccinate them...why bother...they never leave his clutches, they are little purse dogs

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'll vaccinate him pronto if need be

he likely didn't vaccinate them...why bother...they never leave his clutches, they are little purse dogs

well that's an assumption.

I'd posted about his personal assistant just after you likely read my other comment.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
well that's an assumption.

I'd posted about his personal assistant just after you likely read my other comment.
yes he likely does, maybe more than one...

we'll hear more as this goes on

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
he doesn't need to, he's Johnny Depp and he is above the law of the land...ya know, like lots of super weathly people they can get around many of the usual laws that the regulars have to follow...until of course...they can't

Even if he poorest of the poor will try the same thing but they are nobody and we don't hear of them.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I've always liked Australia's approach.

to animal quarantine?

They have had atrocious policies for their native populations. They had forced quarantined (reservations) on the aboriginals until 1971 and the native population couldn't own land until 1975. In some part of Australia they still don't have any rights over their culture, art, or heritage. It's regulated under the flora and fauna act.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
to animal quarantine?
No, to the "little yappy dog" problem.

They have had atrocious policies for their native populations. They had forced quarantined (reservations) on the aboriginals until 1971 and the native population couldn't own land until 1975. In some part of Australia they still don't have any rights over their culture, art, or heritage. It's regulated under the flora and fauna act.
So, basically not much different from the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan. . . aw heck, I ain't gonna list 'em all.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No, to the "little yappy dog" problem.

So, basically not much different from the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Japan. . . aw heck, I ain't gonna list 'em all.

yappy dog problem? just cause they're small don't mean their yappy. Poor puppies, under a death sentence and having their reputation besmirched on line.

No, no muxh different. Would seem European colonization was a rabid disease the world over...Arrogance and money are a dangerous thing.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
yappy dog problem? just cause they're small don't mean their yappy. Poor puppies, under a death sentence and having their reputation besmirched on line.

No, no muxh different. Would seem European colonization was a rabid disease the world over...Arrogance and money are a dangerous thing.
Not just European. China, Japan, and other Asian countries were, if anything, even more brutal. And don't get me started on Africa.