Deadpool movie Georgia Viaduct closure gets first workday commuter test

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Deadpool movie Georgia Viaduct closure gets first workday commuter test

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXGsv9nsNs

This is the first regular work day that commuters leaving downtown Vancouver are being told to plan alternate routes, with the Georgia Viaduct closed for shooting of the movie Deadpool starring Vancouver-born actor Ryan Reynolds.

Ryan Reynolds thanks commuters dealing with Georgia Viaduct closure
The Georgia Viaduct will be closed until 3 p.m. PT weekdays, with traffic restricted to one lane on a portion of the viaduct for the afternoon commute.

In two days of work, the film crew has staged a crash scene with a smoldering SUV.

Passers-by have glimpsed someone playing anti-hero Deadpool flip over the vehicle and point guns. That's Ryan Reynolds' character, but it wasn't clear whether he or a stunt double was in the red and black bodysuit.

The city of Vancouver is advising motorists to plan around the movie shoot, saying its spending millions of dollars in the city and employing 1,000 people.

"Leave some extra time, do a little bit of research to understand what the changes are," said director of transportation Jerry Dobrovolny.

"Exercise some patience and understand that it's an important piece of our local economy."

Reynolds, who grew up in the westside neighbourhood of Kitsilano, has thanked commuters for their patience with the project, and tweeted pictures with fans dressed as his Marvel Comic character.

Georgia Viaduct closure schedule

Closures are scheduled between April 5 and 18 and incude:

• April 5: Georgia Viaduct closed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. PT.
  • April 6-16: Georgia Viaduct closed from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays. After the road reopens at 3 p.m. there will remain a 100-metre section of the viaduct that will be limited to one lane.
  • April 11: Georgia Viaduct closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • April 12, 17 and 18: the production has the option to use the viaduct on these days, for contingency purposes

During closure times, the city recommends that drivers select alternate routes leading eastbound out of downtown, such as the Cambie Bridge or Hastings Street.

source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...first-workday-commuter-test-1.3023384?cmp=rss

Good for Canada and the BC economy..

Cool and a Canadian in the lead roll.. Ryan Reynolds

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8YAwu9QQ8

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
should be interesting. I think they were filming at the Surrey library yesterday. Someone was filming there, but I can't tell by the flourescent signs they post.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
my weekly commute takes me from North Surrey through New Westminster into North Burnaby. I pass either the signs for location or the location trucks nearly every week.

They film so much here, you'd think you were on a hollywood set.

I work for a high tech company and because of the uniqueness of the company and it's building, we have location scouts stop regularily asking if we'd be willing to allow them to shoot here.