Stephen Colbert named new host of CBS 'Late Show'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
whoop dee doo I guess.

CBS has named Stephen Colbert as new host of the "Late Show," effective when David Letterman retires.

Colbert inked a five-year deal with CBS. Letterman announced his pending 2015 retirement on April 3.

Photos: Late-night hosts

Specific creative elements, as well as the producers and the location for the Colbert-hosted "Late Show," will be determined and announced at a later date, CBS said.

"Stephen Colbert is one of the most inventive and respected forces on television," President and CEO of CBS Corporation Leslie Moonves said in a statement. "David Letterman's legacy and accomplishments are an incredible source of pride for all of us here, and today's announcement speaks to our commitment of upholding what he established for CBS in late night."

Tell us on Facebook: Is Colbert a good choice?

more excitement

Stephen Colbert named new host of CBS 'Late Show' - MSN TV News

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Unfortunate. I by far prefer the Colbert Report to any of the regular late night talk shows.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Unfortunate. I by far prefer the Colbert Report to any of the regular late night talk shows.

I agree. His show is the best thing in late night.

I wonder how the new show will work out. I don't imagine he will do the new show in character, which is kind of sad, because I love that character.

But on the plus side, he is a pretty good guy out of character, so I'm sure he will be good either way.

The Real Stephen Colbert (Out of Character) - YouTube

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I was really surprised the first time I saw him interviewed out of character. Even when interviewed he is often in character. Must be hard considering how different the two are but he seems to be able to slip in and out of it easily.

Well, he obviously does seem to stay in the character that pay the bills, but it isn't all that surprising to see him out of character since he is really bad at staying in character. But he is also hilarious when he does slip out of character, and kind of adorable, so when I saw the video above it seemed to fit.

Colbert Cracks Up - Suq Madiq - YouTube

That racist.

Na, but this might be.

Watch Stephen Colbert's KKK Cartoon Featuring President Obama