Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My tractor IS sexy but I'm no redneck.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
With GPS.
Yup GPS with EZ Steer and a radar system for perfect seed depth all convientiely loaded in using Bluetooth and there are other perks like a little fridge, Sirius Radio as well as a TV and DVD option.

But it's me that makes it truly sexy.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O That beast is one nasty lookin beast, capable, no doubt of much plowin, harrowin, and such. Neat colour too.

Beastly beast.

Ol uncle had a Dear John with the front wheels tiny, and close together. Good for in the corners, he said. He spread lots of sh it with Dear John.

Down at the War Surplus one day, hung an old flying coat ?; canvas duck, calf length, shearling lined, with a collar that came up over one's head, weighing in about 50 lbs. It was bought for him for ten bucks, and the guy was glad to see it go.

Uncle said he was never cold again, spreadin sh it on Dear John in -30 weather.

All one could see was this green machine in front of a spreader with a big tan thing in the seat, Elmer Fudd hat, with a pipe (Prince Albert Tobacco), sticking out of the top.front.

You and your tractor struck some pleasant memory chords there, Petros. - Even if I was the one swamping out the cow barn.

Thick cut bacon, porridge, two eggs over easy, heaps of toast, some home made jam. Tea to drink . - After the swamping and spreading were done, and fresh hay put down,

Yep.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
8O That beast is one nasty lookin beast, capable, no doubt of much plowin, harrowin, and such. Neat colour too.

Beastly beast.
Ohhh no. I don't plow and harrowin' is something old people like Janis Joplin and Keith Richards did/do.

Producing (we don't call it farming anymore) is down to thre steps. Seed, spray and harvest.

Only fools turn there soil over to blow away in the wind.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Ohhh no. I don't plow and harrowin' is something old people like Janis Joplin and Keith Richards did/do.

Producing (we don't call it farming anymore) is down to thre steps. Seed, spray and harvest.

Only fools turn there soil over to blow away in the wind.

Our fields are small and have been ploughed and tilled and planted for as long as Canada.

We sent the dunderheads who would do the same to wide open prairies - out to the prairies, where they enjoyed the dirty 30's.

Someone must have done some serious cornflake peeing this morning. First RCS, then you.

Everyone take a deep breath. We're all in this together.;-)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Someone must have done some serious cornflake peeing this morning. First RCS, then you.

Everyone take a deep breath. We're all in this together.;-)
I wasn't being an azzhole.

Things have changed in drastic ways in crop production. We've gone full circle back to simply scratching the soil to put down seed.

Never again will we have to watch our livelihood blow away in the wind.

Protecting the soil has become our first and foremost goal.

In another decade the soil will again be as alive as it was when the buffalo roamed and fertilizer will go the way of the dinosaur.

We are now at the point where we can take dead useless dirt and bring it back to life as soil.

I take great pride in the fact I'll be leaving the soil in better health than when it was passed on to me.

As for the 30's, that was the result of the CPR lying to settlers and sticking them in the semi arid portions of the prairie.

The sage and cacti should have been warning enough for those who came from Europe and attempted to carve a life from the alkaline soils. Today it is some of the best grazing land in North America.