Lindsay Lohan arrested in New York City

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Actress Lindsay Lohan was back in the spotlight Wednesday following her arrest outside a New York nightspot on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident after a chef claimed her SUV clipped him, police said.

The arrest was a setback for the 26-year-old actress best known for movies such as "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls. After several years of arrests and short jail terms, Lohan in recent months had gotten back to making movies. Lohan, however, remains on probation for shoplifting a necklace in 2011 in Los Angeles. Any prosecution in New York could potentially affect her L.A. case.

Los Angeles city prosecutors said that leaving the scene of an accident could be considered a violation of her probation and could result in potentially more jail time or community service. But officials said that any action would be taken only if they received an official report from New York authorities.

Lohan's publicist, Steve Honig, dismissed the latest furor.

"While some of the facts are still being gathered, it appears that this is much ado about nothing," Honig said. "We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue."

New York police said Lohan was arrested at 2:25 a.m. Wednesday as she left a luxury Manhattan hotel. About two hours before that, she had been driving a black Porsche Cayenne SUV down an alley near the hotel when she allegedly hit a 34-year-old pedestrian.

She did not stop and entered the hotel, but one of her two male passengers allegedly spoke to the man, who complained that the slow-speed vehicle had struck his knee, police said. Lohan was arrested when she returned to her car, given a ticket at a local NYPD precinct and released.

Police said investigators do not believe that Lohan was intoxicated but acknowledged that no breathalyzer test was performed. A source familiar with the investigation said security video was inconclusive in confirming the man's allegation. Nonetheless, in an interview with the New York Daily News, chef Jose Rodriguez, who identified himself as the victim, said the SUV "hit me."

Lindsay Lohan arrested in New York City - latimes.com

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Cripes, it seems to me that anybody and everybody will try and find some means to get famous by trying to catch her doing something trivial just to lock her up in jail.

"Clipped?"

"Slow moving vehicle?"

"Hit his knee?"

Probably thought, "Oh look, it's Lindsay Lohan! I can get in the papers and get some money if I stick my leg out.... right..... here..." *thump* "ow.... my jeans.... I mean, my knee!"

LEAVE LINDSAY ALLLOOOONNNEEE!!!!!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
YAAAWWWWWNNN!!!!!

This is not news people. Just some rich brat that needs a reality check....probably a million more like her that haven't been in movies.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
God I would hope not death, that would be very sad.. I hope she gets help.. forced or not.. (Forced being jail or court ordered help)

I don't wish death upon anybody either, but, as was pointed out earlier, the girl is a train wreck. And she's the conductor of the train too. It's sad, in a tragic we've seen it all before kind of way, but it is reality.

But maybe she'll pull a Drew Barrymore.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Either death or prison is in the near future for this little girl. Odds are probably even.

She needs to clean her act up (but it doesn't look like she will), otherwise she will end up like Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This of course not news its merely an item to satisfy our lack of a life in general.
The problem is the system is broken. She needs help before someone else is
injured or killed. She doesn't need harsh prison time. they have more booze and
drugs than a dispensary in there. She needs to be sent to a program that educates
as well as detains.
The other possibility is she does not want help in that case jail is the only answer.
Its not about a spoiled brat, it about a young woman who is really messed up and
does not know what to do or how to act.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
She needs to clean her act up (but it doesn't look like she will), otherwise she will end up like Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston!

Not that I really pay any attention to any type of celebrity "news" but if you've made note of her parents, you can see where she will end up. It was pretty much stacked against her since day one. Throw her into an industry built out of self-indulgence, you get what you see before you. It's sad in a really pitiful kind of way. But it's her own grave she's digging.

I'm thinking a full-body condom might be in order.....maybe 2 8O

You might want to consider the 'by proxy' option for that one!8O

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Her parents seem to try and get in the limelight, although not always the way they planned.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Shallow and superficial people trying to seem warm and caring always end up just looking shallow and superficial.

Loving parents don't go on Dr. Phil.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Shallow and superficial people trying to seem warm and caring always end up just looking shallow and superficial.

Loving parents don't go on Dr. Phil.

I'm surprised that Lindsay's sister has not succumbed to the same pitfalls. Hopefully she'll be able to remain that way.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm surprised that Lindsay's sister has not succumbed to the same pitfalls. Hopefully she'll be able to remain that way.

It's not an absolute certainty with Lindsay herself. Yeah, the odds are against her, but people do turn their lives around from drugs and alcohol. Even in Hollyweird. Look at Barrymore or even Robert Downey Jr.