Ozzy Osbourne's Wicked New Autobiography ...

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... it's called i am ozzy. should be called i am CRAZY!!!! a blast to read, surprisingly enjoyable read, blew through it like lightning, the best thing ozzy's released since no more tears ...

... it's so obvious that randy rhoads was incredibly dear to him and it is safe to say that ozzy owes his solo success to randy and he knows it. and it was so great the way ozzy explained exactly what went down when randy and the other two were killed in the plane crash ...

... there is a whackload of dodgy (immoral?) stuff in that book but you simply can't judge him on it. that's rock 'n' roll isn't it? you either get it or you don't. but you do have to thank him for being so graciously candid and frank about everything ...

... thank you ozzy for what you've given us. gonna talk about sammy hagar's autobio next ...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You mean thank you to the people who managed to organize, make sense of, and present his ideas into something that made sense.....

I think her name is Sharon. ;)

Actually my son, who is a big Ozzy fan, told me that since Ozzy is horribly dyslexic (and I'm sure the massive drug and alcohol abuse doesn't help), he literally dictated the book to someone, then had it read back to him. So he wrote it but he didn't.

I was lucky enough to see him play in Calgary in 81 or 82

Neat!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Can't say I ever gave the first any real thought but I'm with you on the second. Personal preference being with early 70s 'classic' rock, of which Sabbath/Ozzy definitely played a part.
My dad bought me my first guitar and started to teach me to play when I was 7 but it was Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and the Beatles songs.

I still love the old old stuff as much as anything from the 70's until it all died (music) in the late 90's.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My dad bought me my first guitar and started to teach me to play when I was 7 but it was Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and the Beatles songs.

I still love the old old stuff as much as anything from the 70's and beyond.

I've never played guitar or any instrument, aside from the flute in seventh grade music class. Which I did quite badly if I must say, lol. My kids both play though; my son's fairly accomplished.

Hank Williams was never my cup of tea, but Johnny Cash and The Beatles definitely. I have a preference for early 70s rock, but I have eclectic tastes in music.

And, since we're on the topic of guitars and guitar players, I'd have to say the guy I prefer to listen to play is actually Brian May. I just like his sound.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
May is great. It was Carlos Santana that really got me limbered up. I still try to play everyday even though it sometimes hurts with arthritis setting in. Thank God for Ibuprofen.

Ya know there is nothing stopping you from learning. It's never too late to learn to play an instrument.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
May is great. It was Carlos Santana that really got me limbered up.

Yep, Santana's also great. I don't understand anything about technique really so I guess I make a judgement about their proficiency in other ways. To me, they (May and Santana) both sound like they are "one with their instrument". Make any sense?

Ya know there is nothing stopping you from learning. It's never too late to learn to play an instrument.

My son tried to show me once on his acoustic, but I found it too big and awkward. I have little arms, lol.

But maybe someday I'll have him help me find something more my size and give it a whirl. It would be neat to learn.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Don't laugh but try a ukulele. They are super easy to learn to play and ****loads of fun.

Ever heard of Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole?