iTunes Cards

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Just a little word of caution. I bought an iTunes gift card. The directions clearly stated "scratch off label and enter code". The card was not for me but being ever so helpful - I could see that I could just peel the strip off rather than scratch it and I did. BIG MISTAKE. What I ended up doing was peeling the code off or at least a good part of the code. Feeling very confident that I just had to take it back to the store and get another one, I headed off to do that today. Lucky for me that I once worked there and they were all familiar with me. They did okay taking the card back and giving me a new one but they also warned me that it was a one time only courtesy afforded me just because I worked there. They then scratched the new card before I even left the store and it was done by a friend who was showing me the difference between peeling and scratching.
I only had a $15.00 card. I'm sure if it had been of a higher dollar value, they probably would not have done it, even for me. So - scratch - don't peel!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just a little word of caution. I bought an iTunes gift card. The directions clearly stated "scratch off label and enter code". The card was not for me but being ever so helpful - I could see that I could just peel the strip off rather than scratch it and I did. BIG MISTAKE. What I ended up doing was peeling the code off or at least a good part of the code. Feeling very confident that I just had to take it back to the store and get another one, I headed off to do that today. Lucky for me that I once worked there and they were all familiar with me. They did okay taking the card back and giving me a new one but they also warned me that it was a one time only courtesy afforded me just because I worked there. They then scratched the new card before I even left the store and it was done by a friend who was showing me the difference between peeling and scratching.
I only had a $15.00 card. I'm sure if it had been of a higher dollar value, they probably would not have done it, even for me. So - scratch - don't peel!!!

Just a little "built in" extra profit for the company.........otherwise there'd have been a warning "scratch don't peel"- better yet V.I. stay away from gimmicks, just a waste of money! :smile:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Funny how that works - if you follow the instructions, it works like a charm. I have a whipper snipper like that; if you follow the starting instructions, it starts just fine. If you don't, it won't start.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Funny how that works - if you follow the instructions, it works like a charm. I have a whipper snipper like that; if you follow the starting instructions, it starts just fine. If you don't, it won't start.
You know the old saying: When all else fails - read the directions!!