Members cars/bikes

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Being a car and bike nut i'm always curious as to what others are driving.
i just sold my 2 toys this summer
97 Mazda Miata
1984 BMW R65L
Now have room for the kids in
05 Toyota Echo
08 Toyota Yaris

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
'00 Dodge Ram 2500 for me, '01 Dakota for wifey.
Wifey has a Trek Madone 6 bike and I have a Heinz 57 made from various manufacturers. We share a Supremo CP bike from Tandem Cycle Works, Colorado. Tandems are cool. We each used to have Triumph Bonny 650s.
Wifey has a '04or '05 L135 John Deere garden tractor and I have a '78 JD 550 crawler. Wife also has rollerblades. I think that's it for vehicles around here.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
'91 Mazda 323 slightly dented and in need of paint
1982 Yamaha 400 Heritage Special
Beat up old school mountain bike with no shocks

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just a 98 Jeep TJ, she is fantastic though, her name is Jep... yes I know exactly how original that is :lol:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
05 Toyota Echo, and my trusty steed:

It's the best bike they have for moderate trail/city riding. When I get a new one, I will be converting this one to a hybrid. Just because I can.

Do you have any pics of your modded bike Lou? I'd love to see them. I used this bike for groceries until we got the car...I kinda miss those adrenaline filled trips with the hundreds of near death experiences...lol

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My days of needing Toys have come and gone...& now I drive a '93 Sunbird
with a tiny 2.0L in it....This I can fill up without too much pain. :lol::lol::lol:

I've had many toys over time....Like a '77 Charger-Daytona, a '78 Dodge Magnum
(I miss that one), an '84 Anniversary Edition Trans Am (Freakishly Modified and a
total nightmare to find parts for = same year Corvette or A.E. Trans Am), several
Motorcycles (Fav. was the '82 CB750K...what a sleeper) including an '83 CB900
with the 10 Gear (split hi/lo) gearbox. Lots of other stuff too that I won't bother to
mention.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I am now driving my first new car EVER. A black 09 Mazda 3, sunroof, leather interior... her name is Maisy.

Lou Garu

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2009
Here
05 Toyota Echo, and my trusty steed:

It's the best bike they have for moderate trail/city riding. When I get a new one, I will be converting this one to a hybrid. Just because I can.

Do you have any pics of your modded bike Lou? I'd love to see them. I used this bike for groceries until we got the car...I kinda miss those adrenaline filled trips with the hundreds of near death experiences...lol

'fraid not Tonington, there isn't anything special about it, just a old CTC bike (They call it a "fashion" bike 'cuz it's in honor of GM.) I bought it as it's big and heavy and hard to kill.I'm thinking of buying another to set up for winter riding.
umm, btw I have a........................small................interest in things bicycle,anyone interested in a.........few .....links ???? :?:

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
'97 Safari
'97 F150
'99 Durango with the 5.8 litre
'90 29' c-class motorhome
'85 dodge 600 convertible

Lou Garu

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2009
Here
My days of needing Toys have come and gone...& now I drive a '93 Sunbird
with a tiny 2.0L in it....This I can fill up without too much pain. :lol::lol::lol:

I've had many toys over time....Like a '77 Charger-Daytona, a '78 Dodge Magnum
(I miss that one), an '84 Anniversary Edition Trans Am (Freakishly Modified and a
total nightmare to find parts for = same year Corvette or A.E. Trans Am), several
Motorcycles (Fav. was the '82 CB750K...what a sleeper) including an '83 CB900
with the 10 Gear (split hi/lo) gearbox. Lots of other stuff too that I won't bother to
mention.

Picture this Ron, a old s15, no longer 4x4 ,with a quadrajetted GM 350 ,350 turbo tranny.
The guy who built it for me said it was seriously stupid.
He was right.
I always felt that I could pull away from my shadow. :lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
My toy

My new and improved toy

As for four wheeled vehicles, I have a GM Truck, a Ford Grand Marquis (the family car), and a Ford Cougar that I'm in the process of giving to the daughter.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Picture this Ron, a old s15, no longer 4x4 ,with a quadrajetted GM 350 ,350 turbo tranny.
The guy who built it for me said it was seriously stupid.
He was right.
I always felt that I could pull away from my shadow. :lol::lol::lol:

The "pull away from your own shadow" thing for me was the CB750K or the T.A.
The T.A. was a rolling moneypit though....& I sold it to a Family member too. It
seemed like the right thing to do at the time though. Picture this nightmare in
that everything I list below we had to find in order to replace:

Factory Aluminum Racing Radiator (Tough to find a replacement), Disc Brakes
front & rear (in an '84) and expensive to replace a Disc that only fits on the same
year of Corvette or Anniversary Edition Trans Am, a factory Aluminum Racing
Transmission that the Mechanic threw over his shoulder (he was about 60yrs old)
and walked to the Trany Shop with. It was then that we discovered the aftermarket
Borg-Warner Racing clutch (about 3" thick) with it's custom made aluminum mount.

Then there was the Factory under-the-hood high-rise aluminum Intake designed for
that one stupid Factory Carburetor. I figured that out while fighting a broken thermo
-stat bolt and that snapped bolt was a freaky space-metal (Federalloy) That I learned
over a two month battle of broken drill-bits that only diamond tip bits can drill through.

Last edited:

Lou Garu

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2009
Here
The "pull away from your own shadow" thing for me was the CB750K or the T.A.
The T.A. was a rolling moneypit though....& I sold it to a Family member too. It
seemed like the right thing to do at the time though. Picture this nightmare in
that everything I list below we had to find in order to replace:

Factory Aluminum Racing Radiator (Tough to find a replacement), Disc Brakes
front & rear (in an '84) and expensive to replace a Disc that only fits on the same
year of Corvette or Anniversary Edition Trans Am, a factory Aluminum Racing
Transmission that the Mechanic threw over his shoulder (he was about 60yrs old)
and walked to the Trany Shop with. It was then that we discovered the aftermarket
Borg-Warner Racing clutch (about 3" thick) with it's custom made aluminum mount.

Then there was the Factory under-the-hood high-rise aluminum Intake designed for
that one stupid Factory Carburetor. I figured that out while fighting a broken thermo
-stat bolt and that snapped bolt was a freaky space-metal (Federalloy) That I learned
over a two month battle of broken drill-bits that only diamond tip bits can drill through.

It had to be luv ( no other explanation is publicly allowable/admissible)

Reactions: Ron in Regina

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
05 altima 4 cyl, best car I've ever had
97 ford F350 4wheel dr.,diesel- wonderful pick-up, we've had it since new.
92 Tracker, we share it with our daughter, she uses it for town/work, and my
husband uses it for mountain driving and hunting.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I personally don’t like cars, I regard them as necessary evil. A couple of years ago the wife talked of buying a BMW. I told her that I was not going to drive it, she will have to drive it. She didn’t want to drive it on a regular basis, she thinks that the patients may get jealous. So that put a stop to that.

I drive a 2006 Camry, my wife drives a 2004 Subaru Outback. I used to have a 2002 Camry, but when my son started medical school in 2006, I gave it to him and bought a new Camry.

But I regard a car as something that will get me from A to B, nothing more.