Making paintings with sand....

#juan
Who has heard of Sand Art? My wife found this and I was really impressed. This is art like no other:

YouTube - AMAZING SAND ART(drawing)

jambo101
great show,i envy people with artistic talent as i have none..In a similar vein
Art Etched Into the Dirt on Car Windows | EarthFirst.com
and Julian Beevers sidewalk art
Julian Beever's pavement drawings

Spade

YouTube - Ukraine Got Talent 2009 Winner

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

YouTube - Ukraine Got Talent 2009 Winner

That one is very good. What I find weird is how they can spend so much time on a detail and then just wipe it out with a wave of the hand. I didn't know this field of art even existed.

Cliffy
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
Here is an interesting art exhibit I was sent in an email: Bruno's Art & Sculpture Garden

MichelleIMG
That is pretty cool...I could have used this idea when I was in college for Art & Design Fundamentals...probably would have gotten a better mark.

VanIsle
I chose this thread rather than start a new one because - more often than not - things I try to copy and paste just don't work. If this is a blank screen - it didn't work:
The painting itself is great butas you run your cursor over the

people it tells you who they are ......

BUT DOUBLE click on a person) and you obtain their life history.
This is fascinating ....

CLICK HERE

DaSleeper
Neat.....

petros
Holy crap...the gal in the video looks nearly identical to my sister-inlaw.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Very nice.

#juan
+1
I had completly forgotten about this stuff. It is pretty impressive. The way they handle the light and
dark with the sand is almost magic.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Here is an interesting art exhibit I was sent in an email: Bruno's Art & Sculpture Garden

That is a whole new world......or old world.... Has a kind of mystical quality....Thanks for that...

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Thanks Cliffy - The talent is amazing and pleasing to the soul.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

I chose this thread rather than start a new one because - more often than not - things I try to copy and paste just don't work. If this is a blank screen - it didn't work:
The painting itself is great butas you run your cursor over the
people it tells you who they are ......
BUT DOUBLE click on a person) and you obtain their life history.
This is fascinating ....

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
The sand art is lovely. I did however, re-open this thread for the above post. Have any of you had a look at it? It's quite interesting when you start moving your cursor over the faces.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

The sand art is lovely. I did however, re-open this thread for the above post. Have any of you had a look at it? It's quite interesting when you start moving your cursor over the faces.

Yeah It's a neat collage kinda like the cover of Sgt Pepper's but has links to wiki.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Yeah It's a neat collage kinda like the cover of Sgt Pepper's but has links to wiki.

I like it because it has faces you never expect to see in such a pic.