Jeff Goldblum helps with Toronto couple's epic wedding photo

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Jeff Goldblum helps with Toronto couple's epic wedding photo
By Jenny Yuen ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 03:03 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 03:32 PM EDT
TORONTO - A Toronto couple has an epic wedding photo of prehistoric proportions.

Photographer Adam Biesenthal was asked to shoot the wedding of Jesse Sargent and his now-wife Pamela over the weekend.

Jurassic Park star Jeff Goldblum was in attendance as a guest because his fiancee, Emilie Livingston, is a friend of the bride, according to media reports.

And, of course, a wedding picture wouldn’t be a wedding picture without a re-enactment of the famous Tyrannosaurus Rex chase scene with the wedding party and Goldblum himself running for their lives towards the camera.

“T-Rex chases bridal party ... thank god Dr. Ian Malcom was there to save the day!! #pjmuskokamarriage #jeffgoldblum,” the bride said on her Facebook page.

Sargent later added, “What an amazing, unbelievable weekend! Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us, and thanks Jeff for being a good sport! Never woulda imagined we’d make the media!”

While Biesenthal, 30, said he’s sworn to privacy about how the photo came about, he said he’s pleased that Goldblum was a good sport about it.

“I can’t discuss any details outside confirming it was actually Jeff there at the wedding,” Biesenthal, 30, told the Toronto Sun in an interview Wednesday.

“That (dinosaur) theme had been done before with the wedding party running away and I guess I put two and two together and that’s how it came about. It’s been overwhelming.”
Jurassic Park star Jeff Goldblum (centre in grey suit) helps Toronto couple Jesse and Pamela Sargent create an epic wedding photo. (Adam Biesenthal photo)

Jeff Goldblum helps with Toronto couple's epic wedding photo | Toronto & GTA | N

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Jeff Goldblum chased by T-Rex at Toronto couple's wedding

Jeff Goldblum chased by T-Rex at Toronto couple's wedding

Yes, that is a real Jeff Goldblum.

The Jurassic Park actor attended the wedding of a Toronto couple on Saturday and preserved it in viral amber, posing for a group picture next to one his most famous co-stars.

Well, the prehistoric reptile was actually added later, by photographer Adam Biesenthal, also of Toronto.

But the image has quickly spread across the Internet, thanks to Goldblum reprising his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm, the creepy mathematician in the 90’s dinosaur franchise.

Jesse and Pamela Sargent’s wedding at a Huntsville resort was an otherwise conventional affair. But Goldblum’s presence — he came with his fiancée, a friend of the bride — provided an opportunity to stage the perfect iteration of the “bridal-party-getting-chased-by-a-T-Rex” meme.

Seemingly invented last year in Louisiana, the gimmick has surely reached its high-water mark with the inclusion of an original Jurassic Park cast member.

Biesenthal, the photographer, said the international attention has been thrilling. “It’s been a blast — I have friends in Korea and in England who say they’ve seen it,” he said.

Goldblum was game from the start, said Amy Sargent, the groom’s sister: “He thought it was a fun idea.”

But the star’s acting chops failed to rub off on the amateurs, most of whom couldn’t stay in character.

As Sargent said, “It was kind of hard not to laugh in that situation.”

Even with one of history’s greatest predators snapping at his heels, Goldblum managed to retain the louche, languorous air that has made him famous.

His publicist said Wednesday that his schedule prevented him from commenting.

Jeff Goldblum chased by T-Rex at Toronto couple's wedding | Toronto Star

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's hard to pull one over on /b/...but I gave it my best shot.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Jeff Goldblum is epic. Nice to see a 'non traditional' wedding photo. They've made some awesome memories and captured the event in grand style. Their children and grand children won't be bored by their story when it's told.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Jeff Goldblum is epic. Nice to see a 'non traditional' wedding photo. They've made some awesome memories and captured the event in grand style. Their children and grand children won't be bored by their story when it's told.

Ha! Wonder how long they'll be able to make the "and we barely got away" story stick? Lol.