Oceans, alleged ancients, on Mars.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007

Oceans and lakes on Mars
( Oceans, alleged ancient, and underground glciers )
First:

Glaciers have been discovered on Mars below a shield of rocks with some depth under the ground.

Such under-ground glaciers are located at latitudes of 35-60 in both the north and south hemispheres. Such latitudes are middle, neither polar nor equatorial.

The areas of these glaciers are very extensive.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/MRO/news/mro-20081120.html

Comment:
I think such glaciers are in fact lakes of liquid water; because Mars still has a very hot and active core. We here on earth have many water-springs and wells giving warm water because they are somewhat deep.

In Iraq there is such warm water-springs in Mosul city and in a nearby city called Hammam Alaliel. In addition, the water of wells is cold in summer and warm in winter: because it is moderate in temperature: so that in summer time it will be relatively cold, while in winter it will be relatively warm.

In some countries they use such criteria to make some conditioning in winter and summer; using some pipes that go to some considerable depth underground water; and bring this water out and circle it again; so as to moderate the temperature of house and offices, etc.

So how can that be while the internal part of Mars is still very hot? While the glaciers are present under the ground in middle regions, and yet it is ice, and moreover, this is so in the middle zones of both the south and north hemisphere: almost this is some liquid water, not ice.

Second:
A new discovery about Mars is the alleged past oceans that covered one third of the planet in the past.
http://uanews.org/node/22563

Put in mind such oceans may be present now on Mars. These oceans and the glaciers may in fact be on the surface: oceans, seas and lakes of water, but they have not ascertained this yet. This goes with the map of the distribution of the hydrogen on the first meter or so of the surface of Mars.

Third:
They intend to send some new rovers to Mars next year; this time may discover important discoveries, when they go near the mountainous area, where they may find water springs, streams and people on Mars; if they take lesson from the previous missions. Such mountains are covered with ice in their tops, so will all this ice vaporise? Will some of it percolate to the underground to come as water springs, water streams and rivers? Take it easy, and give us some water to drink :smile:

Last edited:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
This may or may not be true.

People no way, in my personal opinion.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Martians were likely stripped away with the trees and other life forms. The electrical etching seen over much of the surface indicates a very violent past but I guess we (earth) also went through such occurances and survived. So if there are survivors on Mars they would have to have hidden themselves before the atmosphere was stripped I guess.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
darkbeaver,
· Such beautiful planet like Mars with its clear atmosphere, day and night succession, seasons, years, the polar regions with ice, the ice on the tops of mountains, deserts with sandstorms, fog and clouds; this is a defective picture: there must be the liquid water there, and there are people in addition to all forms of life. Do you think God - be glorified - may leave such extensive planet with all such criteria (have just been discovered; others may not be discovered yet); while the earth: He filled it with crowdings of plants, animals and the four races of human beings: this generation alone count by billions?
· Electricity is everywhere in the universe: negative and positive charges; but I don't think the craters on Mars are due to any electricity.
· The atmosphere is there on Mars; it has not been stripped; it bears the clouds and the sandstorms and manifests the sunset afterglow.
eanassir
http://universeandquran.t35.com

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lmao
Some of these comments are just more displays of the ignorance about scientific reality. Yes, the core of Mars is hot. Yes, ice melts when heated. The problem rests with water existing on the surface of Mars. It doesn't. The surface is simply too cold. eannasir is showing his ignorance when he assumes that the inside is hot and then there is a cold surface within a graduation in temperature. The core is hot, then as you near the surface you will find that it cools down to below freezing. Water would have to be travelling to the surface at extreme velocities in order to still be liquid when it reached the surface. It isn't happening.

Scientifically, eannasir might as well be relying on the Bugs Bunny Show for scientific information. It is just as realistic as his interpretation of the quran. And as far as people existing on Mars is concerned? Really, eannassir, get a grip. lmao

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
lmao
Some of these comments are just more displays of the ignorance about scientific reality. Yes, the core of Mars is hot. Yes, ice melts when heated. The problem rests with water existing on the surface of Mars. It doesn't. The surface is simply too cold. eannasir is showing his ignorance when he assumes that the inside is hot and then there is a cold surface within a graduation in temperature. The core is hot, then as you near the surface you will find that it cools down to below freezing. Water would have to be travelling to the surface at extreme velocities in order to still be liquid when it reached the surface. It isn't happening.

Scientifically, eannasir might as well be relying on the Bugs Bunny Show for scientific information. It is just as realistic as his interpretation of the quran. And as far as people existing on Mars is concerned? Really, eannassir, get a grip. lmao

Things are in progress concerning Mars: every day there is a new progress: keep in mind what many said at the start: like "no water", then "the ice consists of CO2".

But now many things have been observed: the ice they became sure it is water ice.

Then they observed the clouds in the atmosphere of Mars; then they noticed the fog formation: which is a sort of precipitation of water. Then they said there is rain in the high altitude and the rain sublimated before reaching the surface.

Then they saw the hydrogen concentration on many middle parts of Mars in addition to the polar regions which indicates the water in any form. Then they saw the glaciers under the ground in some middle latitude in both the north and south hemisphere at latitudes between 35-60. Then they said there had been in the past oceans that covered 1/3 the surface of Mars.

Moreover, if you insist that there is no liquid water on the surface of Mars: couldn't the liquid water be in the underground of Mars? Because as much as you go deeper the temperature will be more hot.

While as regards the Quran: it is exalted, and cannot be surpassed.

Gilbert says something that the scientists have not claimed: I mean they say: Till now we have known so and so; but Gilbert says: this is fallacy about water and life on Mars.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Things are in progress concerning Mars: every day there is a new progress: keep in mind what many said at the start: like no water, then the ice consists of CO2.
But now many things have been observed: the ice they became sure it is water ice.
So what? None of these new findings has said anything about liquid water. Ice is ice. And because previous hypotheses have been shown to be erroneous does not mean that any future hypothesis is any more factual.

Then they observed the clouds in the atmosphere of Mars; then they noticed the fog formation: which is a sort of precipitation of water. Then they said there is rain in the high altitude and the rain sublimated before reaching the surface.
It was fog composed of ice crystals. And it wasn't "rain" as in liquid water falling. It was precipitation in the form of ice (like hail or snowflakes).

Then they saw the hydrogen concentration on many middle parts of Mars in addition to the polar regions which indicates the water in any form.
Wrong. Hydrogen is only a part of what water is formed from. And liquid hydrogen exists well below the freezing point of water. Gaseous hydrogen pooling does not happen unless there is a solid container.
Then they saw the glaciers under the ground in some middle latitude in both the north and south hemisphere at latitudes between 35-60. Then they said there had been in the past oceans that covered 1/3 the surface of Mars.
Just because there MAY have been water at one time does NOT mean that it is a certainty in the present or future.

Moreover, if you insist that there is no liquid water on the surface of Mars: couldn't the liquid water be in the underground of Mars? Because as much as you go deeper the temperature will be more hot.
Idiot. There is a difference between the surface and the interior. If there is ice on the surface I would bet that there would be water below the surface. I was never in contention about water existing BELOW the surface. Only that I am 99.9*% sure that there isn't any above the surface.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
darkbeaver,
· Such beautiful planet like Mars with its clear atmosphere, day and night succession, seasons, years, the polar regions with ice, the ice on the tops of mountains, deserts with sandstorms, fog and clouds; this is a defective picture: there must be the liquid water there, and there are people in addition to all forms of life. Do you think God - be glorified - may leave such extensive planet with all such criteria (have just been discovered; others may not be discovered yet); while the earth: He filled it with crowdings of plants, animals and the four races of human beings: this generation alone count by billions?
· Electricity is everywhere in the universe: negative and positive charges; but I don't think the craters on Mars are due to any electricity.
· The atmosphere is there on Mars; it has not been stripped; it bears the clouds and the sandstorms and manifests the sunset afterglow.
eanassir
http://universeandquran.t35.com

The etching versus the collision schools is an interesting read EA, the one (plasma etching) is supported by direct laboratory repeatable replication. Geometry does not support collision except in rare instances. The sand is carried electrically, you can see dust devils with lightning axis on Mars. photos to follow.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
moved to alternate theories.

Provide one SHRED of plausible evidence that mars has a hot active core and can sustain large lakes of liquid water at the surface and i'll move it back again

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Idiot. There is a difference between the surface and the interior. If there is ice on the surface I would bet that there would be water below the surface. I was never in contention about water existing BELOW the surface. Only that I am 99.9*% sure that there isn't any above the surface.

The idiot and the foolish who is 99.9*% sure.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
darkbeaver,

Up Yours! ..... Actually it is a good suggestion but I could not resist as this has been the flavour of the last dozen posts.

All the scientific theories aside (just for a minute - don't get your bonnets all in a twist) Edgar Case (I think) said that the planets represented the various dimensions. Thus the Earth was the third dimension (that is what it is) and Mars was the forth dimension (which it might be - we can only see the third dimensional part) then, (if this has any validity) life on Mars would be beyond our capacity to see (at least not yet). Just an alternative view point to confuse matters.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
DB i think you have a point. Things have been fairly heated recently in this type of thread. Let's be nice :)

Personally i think the OP is outrageously unscientific and frankly laughable... but eanassir has never called me a bad name :)